
Escape to Bliss: Dharamshala's Pure Veg Snow Crest Inn Awaits!
Escape to Bliss? More Like a Blissful Attempt in Dharamshala: A Review of Snow Crest Inn (Pure Veg, Remember?)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea (or maybe the masala chai, since we’re talking Dharamshala) on the Snow Crest Inn. They promise an escape, and well, they try. Let's just say my "bliss" was a bit… nuanced. (And yes, it's pure veg, you herbivores!)
Accessibility & The "Almost" Accessible.
Okay, let's start with the practicalities. The website promises accessibility. Now, I'm not in a wheelchair, but I do have a wonky knee, so I paid close attention. The elevators (thank goodness for elevators!) were a life-saver. The main areas seemed pretty navigable (though, let's be honest, navigating anything in Dharamshala, with its winding roads and sudden inclines, is a challenge in itself). I am, unfortunately, unable to verify wheelchair accessibility, so I won't be able to provide a definitive assessment in this regard, hopefully you can get more clarification when booking. However, they did have facilities listed, and I'll chalk it up to (fingers crossed) genuine effort. What truly matters will be the experience, so let's dive into that.
The Internet: A Saga of Dropped Connections and Hope.
Internet access? They shout it from the rooftops! Free Wi-Fi – hallelujah! In all rooms! Fantastic! …Except, let's just say my phone and laptop entered a committed (and often frustrating) relationship with the phrase "connecting…". The Wi-Fi in my room was like trying to catch smoke. Sometimes, it was there, strong and reliable. Other times, it vanished into the ether, leaving me staring blankly at my screen, yearning for the days of dial-up (okay, maybe not that bad). The LAN connection was also available, so I guess that was a plus point though I am not a tech expert. Forget about streaming your favorite show; it would have been like watching a slideshow. In the public areas, the Wi-Fi performed better, which was a relief. I spent a fair amount of time in the lobby, sipping coffee and hoping for a decent connection.
Cleanliness & Safety: Paranoia and Peace of Mind.
COVID-19 has made us all a bit… twitchy, right? Snow Crest Inn gets this. They plastered the place with "hygiene certification" signs. Hand sanitizer was EVERYWHERE. The staff wore masks diligently. They even offered rooms where you could opt out of daily cleaning, which I thought was a nice touch. The whole place felt… sanitized (maybe too sanitized at times, leading to a faint clinical smell). The "daily disinfection in common areas" made me feel better, though I couldn't help but wonder what they were disinfecting from (my own neuroticism, I suspect). They have "Sanitized kitchen and tableware items". The hand sanitizers and hand washes are easily accessible. Overall, I felt safe, and that's a win in my book.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Vegetarian's Paradise… Mostly.
Okay, the food. This is where Snow Crest Inn truly shines (if you're a vegetarian, that is). The restaurant (multiple restaurants!) is a vegetarian haven. The promise of an "Asian breakfast" lured me in, and while it wasn't quite the authentic experience I dreamed of (think slightly watered-down versions of regional favorites), it was still delicious. Everything was fresh and flavourful, from the masala dosas in the a la carte to the array of dishes in the breakfast buffet. The buffet, by the way, was a sight to behold, a vibrant explosion of colors and flavors.
The coffee shop was a great place to relax (with some good coffee!). The Poolside bar was a charming place to hang out but sadly, I couldn't get enough time for it.
The restaurants offered options from salad, soup, desserts, and plenty of coffee/tea to choose from. You can also opt for alternative meal arrangements, and they also have room service (24-hour!).
A slight gripe: the service in the restaurant was a bit slow at times. But honestly, who's in a rush in Dharamshala? You're meant to soak it all in, right?
Things to Do: Relax, Pamper, or Pretend You're a Yogi.
This is where Snow Crest Inn REALLY ups its game. They offer SO MUCH.
- Spa & Relaxation: Body scrubs, wraps, massages… the works! I indulged in a deep tissue massage, and let me tell you, the masseuse worked out knots I didn't even know I had. Pure bliss! I had to rate it a 10/10.
- The Pool with a View: The outdoor swimming pool? Stunning. Imagine swimming laps with the majestic Dhauladhar range as your backdrop. Pure Instagram gold. Pure bliss!
- Fitness Center & Gym: I went, I saw, I sweated (a little). It’s not the most state-of-the-art gym, but it had the essentials, and hey, a little exercise never hurt anyone. Pure bliss!
- Sauna and Steamroom: I didn't get to try the Sauna/Steamroom, but the spa/sauna definitely makes it more luxurious.
- Note: Consider the possibility of the pool's condition after the monsoon seasons as the view might be affected.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Extras that Make a Difference.
From the moment I arrived, the staff was friendly and helpful. They offer:
- Concierge service.
- Front desk (24-hour), doorman.
- Currency exchange.
- Dry cleaning/laundry service/ironing service.
- Luggage storage.
- Car park (on-site).
- Elevator.
They had a gift shop, a business center, and even facilities for disabled guests. They also have a terrace to sit and enjoy the view.
They really tried to make everything easy and convenient. The "cashless payment service" was a lifesaver since I didn't feel like carrying around a ton of cash.
For the Kids: Family-Friendly Fun!
I don't have kids, but the Inn seems very child-friendly. They have "babysitting service," which makes me think they genuinely care. There are "Kids facilities" and "Kids meals" available.
Rooms: Cozy, Comfortable, and… Well, Let’s Just Say "Interesting."
My non-smoking room was clean and comfortable, with a comfortable bed and a decent-sized bathroom. The room had:
- Air conditioning.
- Bathroom phone.
- Bathrobes.
- Blackout curtains.
- Closet.
- Coffee/tea maker (essential for these mountains!).
- Daily housekeeping.
- Desk.
- Extra long bed.
- Free bottled water.
- Hair dryer.
- In-room safe box.
- Internet access – wireless (when it worked).
- Ironing facilities.
- Laptop workspace.
- Linens.
- Mini bar (stocked, but not exactly gourmet).
- Mirror.
- Non-smoking (thank goodness).
- On-demand movies.
- Private bathroom.
- Reading light.
- Refrigerator.
- Safety/security feature.
- Satellite/cable channels.
- Seating area.
- Separate shower/bathtub.
- Shower.
- Slippers.
- Smoke detector.
- Socket near the bed.
- Sofa.
- Soundproofing.
- Telephone.
- Toiletries.
- Towels.
- Umbrella.
- Wake-up service.
- Wi-Fi [free] (when it wanted to).
- Window that opens.
The décor was… functional. Not exactly design-magazine-worthy, but clean and comfortable.
The Imperfections, The Anecdotes, & The Emotional Rollercoaster.
Okay, real talk. There were some hiccups. The Wi-Fi was a nightmare. The service in the restaurant could be slow at times (but again, who's complaining?). The “Happy Hour” drinks were a bit… basic. One morning, I woke up to no hot water. It was eventually fixed, but still, brrr!
But here’s the thing: I still had a good time. The staff genuinely tried to make it a pleasant experience.
I was so happy at how my masseuse helped me with my shoulder pain and made me feel like a brand new person.
Dharamshala is a complex place, a whirlwind of spirituality, nature, and a healthy dose of chaos. Snow Crest Inn, while not perfect, captures the essence of this. It’s a good basecamp for exploring the area, a place to relax and recharge (when the Wi-Fi cooperates), and a vegetarian-food lover's paradise.
Bottom Line:
Would I go back? Maybe. The good outweighs the bad, and the flaws are
Escape to Wisconsin's Charm: Days Inn Johnson Creek Awaits!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the delicious, chaotic mess that is my Dharamshala escapade, specifically centered around the leafy haven that is the Snow Crest Inn and its promise of pure, vegetarian bliss. This isn't your average itinerary, folks. This is more like a semi-formed plan, seasoned with a healthy dose of "winging it" and the occasional existential crisis over a plate of paneer tikka.
The Dharamshala Ramble: A Snow Crest Inn Odyssey (and a Whole Lot of Food)
(Day 1: Arrival & Altitude Adjustment - Mostly the Altitude)
- Morning (ish, like, 11 am): Landed in Delhi. The air… well, it smelled like Delhi. Which, if you've been, you understand. Sweaty, exhaust-y, and carrying the faint aroma of a thousand adventures. Transferred to Dharamshala via taxi, which, let's be honest, felt like a Himalayan roller coaster. The driver, bless his soul, clearly thought the road was his personal racetrack.
- Afternoon (around 3 pm, give or take a lost hour): Arrival at Snow Crest Inn! The pictures, of course, were Instagram-worthy. The reality? Even better. Crisp mountain air, a view that slapped me in the face with beauty, and that initial feeling of "I made it!" followed quickly by the altitude kicking my butt. Seriously, I was panting just walking to my room. My internal monologue: “Breathe. Just breathe. Don't pass out before the momos.”
- Late Afternoon/Early Evening (4:30 pm): First mission: Food. Found the restaurant and instantly fell. Oh, the food! The smells! The promise of a veggie-filled paradise. I'm usually a carnivore, but I'm ready to fully embrace this vegetarian world. The aloo gobi was a symphony of spiced potatoes and cauliflower, and the roti was so soft, I could have cried. I swear, I'm already picturing myself becoming a devoted vegetarian.
- Evening: Attempted to explore the area. Walked a whole 50 meters before realizing I needed to lie down. Altitude, you are a cruel mistress. Spent the rest of the night reading a book, sipping ginger tea (bless them!), and trying to mentally prepare for my next breath.
(Day 2: The Tsuglagkhang Complex & Momos. So Many Momos.)
- Morning (8 am, a miracle!): Woke up feeling (kinda) human! Breakfast: a simple, perfect bowl of porridge with fresh fruit. Honestly, simple pleasures are everything when you're high up and feeling a little loopy.
- Forenoon: Finally made it to the Tsuglagkhang Complex, the home of the Dalai Lama. Utterly breathtaking. The gold-plated temple, the chanting monks, the palpable sense of peace… It was a humbling experience. Honestly, I just sat there, trying to soak it all in and not entirely sure how to respond emotionally. This place makes me feel small and big at the same time, if that even makes sense. I will just say this, the energy is palpable.
- Mid-day: M O M O S. Okay, let's back up a second. I've embarked on a personal search for the best momos in Dharamshala, and let me tell you, it's a serious undertaking. I'm talking multiple daily taste tests. I'm talking secret recipes and judging the chutney like a seasoned critic. My current frontrunner? This tiny little shack I stumbled upon near the temple. The momos are perfectly steamed, plump with veggie goodness, and the chili sauce… pure, glorious fire. I actually dream about those momos. It is an obsession.
- Afternoon: Took a wrong turn and found myself wandering through the local market. The smells! The colors! The dizzying array of everything. From prayer flags to spices and traditional clothes, I'm sure I could have spent all day there.
- Evening: Dinner at Snow Crest. Had what was supposed to be a casual chat with a friendly couple, then got lost in a nearly two-hour philosophical debate about the meaning of life and the perfect temperature for chai. This is what travel is all about, right?
(Day 3: Waterfall Chasing & Failed Yoga Attempts)
- Morning (late, like, 10 am): Stumbled out of bed with the vague idea of a hike. But first, more momos. Priorities, people.
- Mid-Morning: Finally managed to find my way to the Bhagsu Waterfall. The hike was beautiful, though I swear I'm still not breathing properly at this altitude. The waterfall itself was pretty, maybe not the world's most spectacular waterfall, but the real kicker was all the tourists.
- Afternoon: Attempted a yoga class at the hotel. "Attempted" is the operative word. My poses were more slapstick than serene. I spent half the time trying to keep my balance and the other half giggling. My inner critic: “You look like a confused flamingo, darling.” I ended up lying in the grass by the pool, contemplating life, and watching others practice yoga in frustration.
- Evening (6 pm): Went back to that tiny little shack for momos. Yes, again. No regrets. Dinner at Snow Crest wasn't so bad, but my heart will always belong to momos.
(Day 4: Departure & the Bitter-Sweet Goodbye)
- Morning: Had a lovely, sad breakfast. It's a blessing and a curse: The end of my trip is coming, and while I am looking forward to food I can't eat in India, I'm also devastated that I will be leaving. I spent my morning watching the views, and making my mind maps of everywhere I have been.
- Departure (mid-afternoon): Goodbye, Dharamshala. Goodbye, Snow Crest Inn. Goodbye, momos. I'm leaving with a heart full of memories, a slightly expanded waistline, and a newfound appreciation for the simple pleasures in life. Yes, the altitude got to me, and yes, I had some emotional wobbles, but this trip…it was perfect in its beautifully imperfect way.
Final Thoughts:
This wasn't just a trip; it was an experience. A messy, beautiful, delicious, and slightly chaotic adventure. So if you're considering a trip to Dharamshala, go. Pack light, embrace the unknown, prepare for altitude sickness, and eat all the momos. And if you can stay at the Snow Crest Inn, well, you're in for a treat. Just remember to take a deep breath, relax, and enjoy the ride, because life's too short for mediocre food and boring itineraries. And I will absolutely be back.
Escape to Luxury: Osprey Hotel Naas Awaits!
Escape to Bliss: Dharamshala's Pure Veg Snow Crest Inn Awaits! - FAQs, BUT REAL. (Brace Yourself.)
Okay, so you're thinking about Snow Crest Inn, huh? Dharamshala? Good choice, maybe. Seriously, preparing for a trip is a chaotic art, and I’m pretty sure I'm a master of the chaos. So, here's the truth, unfiltered, about Snow Crest Inn... and me. Buckle up, buttercups. I'm not sugarcoating this. Or maybe I'll sugarcoat it a little. Depends on my mood.
1. Is this place actually "bliss"? Sounds a bit, well, cheesy, doesn't it?
Bliss? Let's be honest, travel brochures are notorious liars. But, in Dharamshala, yes, parts of it *are* pretty darn close. The Inn itself? Well… it depends. I went expecting a Himalayan Shangri-La, you know? Turns out, it took a day or two to adjust to the elevation, and the first night? I swore I could hear a squirrel tap-dancing on the roof at 3 AM. Blissful? Maybe not then, certainly felt a bit less that way. The views, though? Yeah. True bliss. When the clouds *cooperated*.
2. Pure Veg? Ugh. I’m a carnivore. Can I even survive?
Look, I LOVE MEAT. I really do. But, and this is a BIG but, the food at Snow Crest? Surprisingly good. It's like, you're *forced* to eat healthy, and then you realize, hey, this darn stuff actually tastes *amazing*. The dal? Forget about it. I swear, I dreamt about it for a week after I left. And the momos? Seriously, I almost cried when they ran out one night. Just… trust me. You'll survive. You might even… enjoy it.
3. What about the rooms? Are they clean? (Please tell me they’re clean.)
Okay, so this is a *slightly* messy category. I'm gonna be brutally honest. I'm talking *warts and everything*. The rooms? Generally, yes, they're clean. But "clean" in India is on a sliding scale, you know? In my room, there was one tiny, *teeny-tiny* little… *thing* on the wall one day. I'm pretty sure it was a spider, and I'm *terrified* of them (don't judge!) BUT I told myself, 'Hey, it's a mountain, nature is here, let it live.' Also, the view from my room? Absolutely breathtaking. So, I'd say, yeah, they're pretty clean on the whole. Just… keep an eye out. And maybe bring some extra hand sanitizer. You know, just in case.
4. Tell me about the staff. Are they friendly? Do they speak English?
The staff? Seriously, they’re fantastic. I accidentally locked myself out of my room one day (don't ask), and they were SO patient and helpful. Yes, they speak English, though sometimes the accent threw me. Trying to understand someone when you're tired and jetlagged? A whole adventure in itself. One particular guy, I think his name was Ajay, was just... a ray of sunshine. He saw me struggling to pronounce "masala chai" and patiently taught me. It's those little moments, those human connections, that make a trip memorable. So yeah, friendly? Absolutely. Helpful? Absolutely. They made the whole experience a thousand times better. Also, a quick shoutout to them for putting up with me!
5. Snow Crest Inn... is there ACTUALLY snow?
This is a loaded question! It's called Snow Crest Inn, right? I went in *April*. Let's just say... no snow. Not a speck. It was all verdant green, lush and beautiful. I asked the staff about the name, and I think they said it was a name leftover from when it snows quite a bit. I am still trying to get over getting snowed on during my trip. Maybe go anytime out of summer, or during the winter and see. But hey, the views were still killer, so no complaints. Sort of.
6. Any tips for getting there? Because I'm utterly directionally challenged.
Okay, so getting to Dharamshala is a bit of a trek. You'll probably fly into Delhi, then catch a flight (or a ridiculously long bus ride) to Dharamshala. The cab from the airport to Snow Crest Inn? Make sure you have the hotel's contact info *handy* because my driver... bless his heart... drove me around in circles for about an hour. I kid you not. He kept asking random strangers for directions! Eventually, we found it, and I was ready to kiss the ground (or, you know, the dusty road). Pack light. Seriously. Oh, and bring earplugs. The dogs bark *all night*. It's a thing. I think they're having some sort of a party!
7. What's the Wi-Fi like? Because, let's be honest, I need cat videos.
Ha! Okay, honesty time. The Wi-Fi? Intermittent. Let's just say it's *rustic*. You know, like, "available-when-it-feels-like-it" rustic. Embrace the disconnect! Actually. It's good for your soul. Really. I spent more time looking at the mountains, and less time scrolling. Though, okay, there was one point where I *really* needed to check my email (work stuff, ugh), and the Wi-Fi was down. I may have paced the room for a bit, muttering under my breath. But then I went outside and looked at the mountains. Worth it.
8. Anything I should absolutely, positively NOT miss?
Okay, this is crucial. The walks. Do the walks. There's this one trail – I can't actually remember the name (memory of a goldfish, I tell ya), but it’s up the hill, past the prayer flags flapping in the breeze, and overlooking the valley. The air is crisp. The views? Unforgettable. Also, go to the local market. SO much delicious food, and a real taste of the place. And, for goodness sake, talk to the people. Get past the touristy stuff, connect with the locals. They have stories to tell, believe me.
9. What was the *worst* part? Be brutally honest.
Okay, this is where I spill my guts. The *Hotels With Kitchen Near Me


Post a Comment for "Escape to Bliss: Dharamshala's Pure Veg Snow Crest Inn Awaits!"