Escape to Paradise: Dewa Bharata Hotel, Ubud's Hidden Gem

Dewa Bharata Hotel Ubud Bali Indonesia

Dewa Bharata Hotel Ubud Bali Indonesia

Escape to Paradise: Dewa Bharata Hotel, Ubud's Hidden Gem

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the lush, green embrace of the Dewa Bharata Hotel in Ubud. This isn't your sterile, perfectly-polished hotel review. This is the real deal, warts and all, overflowing with my honest-to-goodness thoughts, quirks, and probably a stray anecdote or two about that time I almost face-planted into a Balinese offering. Let's get messy. Let's get real.

Escape to Paradise: Dewa Bharata Hotel, Ubud – My Messy, Beautiful Adventure

SEO & Metadata (Don't worry, I'll sprinkle in the keywords later):

  • Title: Dewa Bharata Hotel Review: Ubud's Hidden Gem? A Messy, Honest Take.
  • Keywords: Ubud hotel, Dewa Bharata, Bali, Indonesia, spa hotel, pool view, accessible hotel, family friendly, massage, restaurant review, honest review, travel Bali, Ubud accommodation, free wifi, best hotel Ubud.

Accessibility - The Good, The Could-be-Better Stuff

Listen, I appreciate accessibility, but it's tricky to give a definitive "YES" or "NO" from my messy experience. It's always like that, isn't it? You get glimpses. They "Facilities for disabled guests" is listed, but how much, well… That's where it gets hazy, and it's hard to say. An "Elevator" is a huge plus, giving some semblance of ease. It's also important to note that there is "Check-in/out [express]" and "Check-in/out [private]", so that's a major plus.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – Feed Me! (And Don't Make Me Hunt!)

Okay, food is everything on vacation. This is where Dewa Bharata mostly shines.

  • Restaurants: Yes, plural! "International cuisine in restaurant", "Asian cuisine in restaurant," "Western cuisine in restaurant" – they try to cover all bases! And the "Vegetarian restaurant" is a huge win for those of us trying to balance the deliciousness with…well, something approaching health.
  • The Buffet: The "Breakfast [buffet]" was… a mixed bag. Honestly, the buffet is the cornerstone of a hotel experience. The "Asian breakfast" items were divine. The "Western breakfast" tried. The "Coffee shop" was a lifesaver, especially after a late night.
  • Room Service: "Room service [24-hour]" - blessedly available! Especially great when you just want to hide away from the sun and eat Pad Thai in your bathrobe.
  • Poolside Bar: Ah, the "Poolside bar". That was paradise. Sun, water, and a cocktail that tasted like pure, unadulterated vacation. Ahem. The "Happy hour" was a godsend.
  • The Imperfections: Here's the messy part: One day the service was SLOW. Like, glacial. Like, "are they actually making my cappuccino in the volcano?" slow. Let's just say I was a tad hangry by the time it arrived. I'm also not sure if I saw a "Bubble tea" in the restaurant.

Ways to Relax (My Fav Part!)

This is where Dewa Bharata really wins. They know how to pamper.

  • The Spa: Look, I'm going to be honest. I could live in a spa. The "Body scrub", "Body wrap", "Massage", "Sauna", "Spa", "Spa/sauna", and "Steamroom" were all beckoning. And, being honest - the massage was heavenly.
  • The Pools: There were two pools! And the "Pool with view"…oh my god. You were there to look at the pool, but you are able to get the amazing views, which is amazing.
  • Fitness: "Fitness center" and the "Gym/fitness". I intended to go. I really did. But the massage? And the pool? Let's just say I prioritized relaxation.
  • Foot Bath: A "Foot bath" is a nice option if you can't get past the heat and/or just wanna chill out.

Cleanliness and Safety – Post-COVID Vibes

This is something I'm super mindful of these days. Dewa Bharata really seemed to be trying.

  • Anti-Viral and Hygiene: They had all the boxes ticked: "Anti-viral cleaning products", "Daily disinfection in common areas", "Hand sanitizer". It felt safe, which is the most important factor.
  • The Dining Experience: "Safe dining setup", "Sanitized kitchen and tableware items", "Individually-wrapped food options" - all signs of them taking things seriously.
  • The Rooms: "Rooms sanitized between stays" gave me peace of mind. I didn't feel like I was wading into a biohazard.
  • Staff & Security: "Staff trained in safety protocol", "First aid kit", "CCTV in common areas", "CCTV outside property" made me feel more secure. It's always a nice feeling.

Services and Conveniences – The Nitty Gritty

  • Tech Stuff: "Internet", "Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!", "Internet [LAN]", – score! – and you can finally post your pool selfies without delay.
  • The Other Stuff: "Air conditioning in public area" – essential in Ubud. "Cash withdrawal", "Currency exchange", "Concierge", "Daily housekeeping", "Doorman". All the conveniences that make a holiday run smoothly.
  • Extras: "Gift/souvenir shop", always a dangerous place for my wallet. "Laundry service" - a lifesaver when you're living out of a suitcase, like me.

Things to Do (Beyond Lounging) - a Little More Than I Thought

  • Events: "Meeting/banquet facilities", "Outdoor venue for special events", "Seminars", "Meetings", and "Audio-visual equipment for special events" - great if you're mixing work with pleasure.
  • The Quiet Stuff: "Shrine" – a lovely nod to the local culture. The "Terrace" is the perfect place to enjoy your morning coffee (or, you know, your evening cocktail).

For the Kids (Making Sure Everyone is Happy)

  • "Babysitting service" and "Family/child friendly" makes the hotel more inviting, which is great!

Getting Around (Because You Can't Stay Just at the Hotel)

  • "Airport transfer", huge plus! After a long flight, that's a lifesaver.
  • "Car park [free of charge]", "Car park [on-site]" - convenient if you've rented a scooter (which you absolutely should).
  • "Taxi service" - always available.

Available in all rooms (The Essentials, and the Niceties)

  • "Air conditioning", "Alarm clock", "Bathrobes", "Bathtub", "Blackout curtains", "Closet", "Coffee/tea maker", "Desk", "Extra long bed", "Free bottled water". The usual suspects, all present and accounted for.
  • The Tech: "Free Wi-Fi", "Internet access – wireless", "Satellite/cable channels", "Telephone", "Wake-up service" – essential for staying connected (or not).
  • That’s the feeling of a vacation! "Mirror", "Slippers", "Soundproofing", "Sofa", "Toiletries", "Towels", "Umbrella", "Window that opens" The extras that make you feel pampered.

My Final, Messy Verdict – Dewa Bharata: Worth It?

Would I go back? Absolutely. Dewa Bharata has that magic blend of luxury and a feeling of being truly immersed in nature. Yes, there were a few imperfections. The service could be a tiny bit slow sometimes. But honestly? Those minor issues faded away in the glory of the beautiful pool, the killer massages, and the overall tranquility.

Final, Final Thoughts (And a Touch More SEO):

Dewa Bharata is well worth it. It definitely lives up to its "hidden gem" status. You'll get a great vibe and will find a cozy space. I really felt refreshed. It's the perfect base for exploring everything Ubud has to offer. If you're looking for a relaxing escape, a spa experience, and a taste of true Bali beauty, book it. You won't regret it. #UbudHotel #DewaBharata #BaliTravel #SpaHotel #PoolView #HonestReview #FamilyFriendly #Massage #FreeWifi #HiddenGem

Northbrook's BEST Kept Secret: Stay at MainStay Suites!

Book Now

Dewa Bharata Hotel Ubud Bali Indonesia

Dewa Bharata Hotel Ubud Bali Indonesia

Okay, buckle up buttercup, because this isn't your sanitized, Pinterest-perfect Bali itinerary. This is the real, sweaty, mosquito-bitten version, fresh from the trenches of Dewa Bharata Hotel Ubud. Prepare for a rollercoaster of emotions, questionable decisions, and enough Bintang to sink a battleship.

Bali Bliss (and Maybe Slightly Less Bliss): My Dewa Bharata Debacle

Day 1: Arrival and the Utter Lack of Chill

  • 8:00 AM: Arrived at Denpasar airport, which was chaos. Absolute, beautiful, Indonesian chaos. Grabbed a pre-booked airport transfer. The driver, bless his heart, seemed more interested in the radio than avoiding rogue scooters. Made it to Dewa Bharata in one piece (miraculously), and my first thought? "Wow, this pool looks smaller than the pictures…"
  • 9:30 AM: Check-in. The staff were lovely, unbelievably smiling. I felt instantly inadequate. Must try to be as serene as these people. Failed. Missed the welcome drink. Grrr… Jet lag is a cruel mistress.
  • 10:00 AM: Room exploration. Okay, the room? Pretty decent. Balcony overlooking rice paddies? Swoon. Bed? Comfy enough to actually attempt to sleep. But… wait. What's that faint musty smell? Oh dear. (This became a recurring theme, the "musty smell" – more on that later).
  • 11:00 AM: Unpacked, attempted to fight off the urge to nap, and planned the first day’s adventure. “Cultural immersion!” I declared. More like “falling-over-maps-and-sweating-profusely.”
  • 1:00 PM: Lunch at the hotel restaurant. Nasi Goreng. Delicious. But… the waitress forgot my order. I am not a patient person when I’m hungry. Sigh. Another lesson in Balinese patience required. Maybe I should have ordered breakfast in my room, or something?
  • 2:00 PM: First attempt at walking to Ubud center. "Easy walk," they said. "Just follow the road," they said. Lies! The road was a death trap of scooters, potholes, and aggressive dogs. Had to dodge traffic for the full one-hour walk. My sneakers are now caked in dirt. My inner grump is growing.
  • 3:00 PM: Monkey Forest. Oh my god. MONKEYS! Hilarious, thieving, adorable, terrifying monkeys. One stole my water bottle. Another tried to unzip my bag. Saw a monkey doing a yoga pose. Apparently, I'm not the only one trying to find inner peace in Bali. (Also purchased a monkey-proof bag immediately).
  • 5:00 PM: Attempted to buy a sarong. Bargaining! I love bargaining! Except I clearly suck at it. Paid way too much. Fine. Just let me get this bright blue fabric wrap.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner at Warung Ibu Oka (famous for Babi Guling!). Absolutely divine, flavorful, perfect balance of hot, salty and porky. But… the queue was insane. Worth it, though. Absolutely worth it.
  • 9:00 PM: Back to the hotel, collapsing into bed. The musty smell is… present, but I'm too exhausted to care.
  • 10:00 PM: Managed to watch two episodes of Netflix.
  • 11:00 PM: Lights out.

Day 2: Temples, Terraces, and Terribly Stubborn Insects

  • 7:00 AM: Woke up, feeling surprisingly good. Must be the lack of sleep.
  • 8:00 AM: Yoga class at the hotel. The instructor was amazing - so graceful, serene. I could barely touch my toes. Looked like a giant, sweaty, uncoordinated pretzel. Still, the view of the rice paddies was worth the humiliation.
  • 9:00 AM: Breakfast. Avocado toast, finally. Everything seemed perfect.
  • 10:00 AM: Tegalalang Rice Terraces. Stunning. Breathtaking. Instagram heaven. Spent an embarrassing amount of time posing for photos. Fell down a muddy embankment. Definitely not Instagram material. Covered myself in dirt and mud. It was fun to laugh at myself.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch at a warung overlooking the terraces. The view, magnificent. The food, mediocre. The insects, relentless. I swear one of them wanted to eat my ear.
  • 1:00 PM: Tirta Empul Temple. Holy water. Beautiful. Felt a strange sense of calm (the water was freezing). Watched the ritual. A true experience.
  • 2:00 PM: Driving back to the hotel. Was hoping the driver would stop and buy me some durian. But maybe some other time lol.
  • 3:00 PM: Went to the hotel swimming pool to refresh myself. But the pool wasn't as clean as I thought.
  • 4:00 PM: Back in my room and noticed once again the musty smell. Ugh.
  • 5:00 PM: Massages at the hotel spa. Heavenly. Pure bliss. The masseuse probably wanted to throw me out after I talked through the entire experience.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner somewhere new. I can only eat at the same restaurant for so long. I love new restaurant experiences.
  • 9:00 PM: Back at the hotel. I was planning on sleeping in. But I realized I wanted a midnight snack lol.
  • 10:00 PM: Midnight snack time.
  • 11:00 PM: Lights out.

Day 3: Decisions, Decisions, and a Near-Disaster on a Scooter (Plus the Musty Smell Saga)

  • 7:00 AM: Woke up to the incessant chirping of cicadas. Embraced it. Decided to rent a scooter. BIG mistake. HUGE.
  • 8:00 AM: Ate breakfast. I was excited to rent a scooter today.
  • 9:00 AM: Scooter rental mayhem. The guy kept saying “No problem, no problem!” while I was struggling to understand the clutch. Rode around the hotel grounds for approximately 30 minutes, feeling like I was going to die.
  • 9:30 AM: Decided to attempt to explore the surrounding areas.
  • 10:00 AM: Managed to actually make it out of the hotel without killing myself (or anyone else).
  • 10:30 AM: Attempted to go to the rice terraces. Almost collided with a truck. My life flashed before my eyes. Pulled over, heart racing, leg shaking. Decided scooters, and me, were not a good match.
  • 11:00 AM: Returned the scooter. Hired a driver. Wasted about an hour of time to do this.
  • 12:00 PM: Visited a coffee plantation. Tried Luwak coffee (expensive, tastes like… coffee). Learned about the coffee-making process. The civets: kind of cute, kind of gross.
  • 1:00 PM: Lunch at the coffee plantation. Decent. Not mind-blowing.
  • 2:00 PM: Decided to return to Tirta Empul. I found the temple intriguing.
  • 3:00 PM: Had a long massage.
  • 4:00 PM: Back at the hotel, and that damn musty smell is winning. Seriously, what IS it? Checked under the bed, in the closet, behind the curtains. Nothing. Maybe it’s the AC? Or the humidity? Or, you know, the ancient Balinese spirits trying to communicate through olfactory means? (Probably not).
  • 5:00 PM: Complained at reception about the musty smell. They promised to "look into it."
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner at a warung. Ordered the wrong dish. It was spicy! But it was good.
  • 7:00 PM: Back at the hotel, the musty smell is still there. Decided to open the windows.
  • 8:00 PM: Watched a terrible Indonesian soap opera. Was hooked.
  • 9:00 PM: Went to bed.

Day 4: Farewell, Bali (and the Musty Smell?)

  • 7:00 AM: Woke up, dreading the musty smell.
  • 7:15 AM: Surprisingly, the room smells… fresher? Maybe they did something! Victory!
  • 8:00 AM: Ordered room service.
  • 9:00 AM: Last-minute souvenir shopping. Overpaid for another sarong.
  • 10:00 AM: Packed, wrestled with suitcase. Realized I’d bought way too many things.
  • 11:00 AM: Check-out. Said goodbye to the lovely staff. The hotel was great.
  • 12:00 PM: Airport transfer.
  • 1:00 PM: Flight home.

**Final Thoughts

Escape to Texas Comfort: Your Tomball Oasis Awaits!

Book Now

Dewa Bharata Hotel Ubud Bali Indonesia

Dewa Bharata Hotel Ubud Bali Indonesia```html

Escape to Paradise: Dewa Bharata Hotel, Ubud's Hidden Gem... Maybe? 😜

Okay, spill the tea: Is Dewa Bharata REALLY a hidden gem in Ubud, or is it just another Instagram trap? 🤔

Alright, alright, let's be real. I went in expecting… well, I *hoped* for a hidden gem. The photos? Gorgeous. Lush greenery, that infinity pool overlooking the jungle, the whole shebang. Turns out… it *kinda* is. BUT, and it's a big but, with some serious caveats. It’s definitely tucked away, down a winding road that makes you question your GPS (and your sanity, especially on a scooter). The "hidden" part? Check. The "gem" part? That's where it gets tricky. The first impression? Stunning. Like, jaw-droppingly so. I'm serious, I nearly tripped over my own feet trying to take a picture of the lobby. Then reality hits. The welcome drink was a little… lukewarm. The service, bless their hearts, was *slow*. Like, *Bali-time* slow. I'm not usually one to complain, but when you're hangry after a long flight and all you want is your room… well, let's just say my tolerance for "island vibes" was tested. And I might have mumbled something under my breath about Indonesian time. 😅

Room Rundown: Were the accommodations actually worth the price tag? Give it to me straight. 😬

The rooms… hmmm. Okay, so I splurged (a tiny bit, don't judge!) and got the "Deluxe Pool View" – because, you know, Instagram. The room itself was spacious, which was a HUGE plus. Clean, too, with a massive four-poster bed draped in mosquito netting (thank GOD for that). The *view* was… well, it existed. It wasn't *quite* the postcard-perfect shot I'd envisioned, but it was still pretty damn nice. You could see the pool, some jungle, and hear the occasional rooster crowing, which, initially, was charming. By day three? Less charming. More like, "Oh my GOD, PLEASE be quiet!" 😫 The bathroom? A mixed bag. Beautiful, open-air shower (which I loved, when the water pressure was good. Sometimes it was a dribble). The *little* things? That’s where they could have done better. Frayed towels, a slightly leaky faucet, the air conditioning not being quite as efficient as it should have been. Little niggles, but they added up. Was it worth the price? Jury’s still out. I guess it depends how much you value a beautiful room overshadowed by a couple of slightly annoying things.

The Pool: Does it live up to the Instagram hype? Spill the tea! 🤤

The pool. Oh, the pool. This is what Dewa Bharata *sells*. And honestly? It largely delivers. It's gorgeous. That infinity edge… the view… it’s what dreams are made of… or at least, Instagram dreams. I spent a serious amount of time there. I’m not ashamed to admit it. Floating, reading, drinking cocktails (which, by the way, weren’t cheap, but hey, vacation, right?). The water was a perfect temperature, the sun was glorious, and the vibe was… well, it was pretty darn perfect. BUT (there’s always a but, isn’t there?). It can get a bit crowded. Especially during peak hours. There aren't *that* many sunbeds, and the competition for them can be fierce. I saw someone actually *reserve* a sunbed with a towel first thing in the morning and then disappear for *three hours*. The AUDACITY! I was tempted to throw their towel in the pool, but I restrained myself. I'm not *that* kind of tourist. (Okay, maybe I contemplated it.)

Food, Glorious Food: What's the deal with the hotel's restaurant? Yum or Yikes? 🍽️

Okay, the food... it's where Dewa Bharata truly lost me a little. The breakfast was *included*, thankfully, because otherwise, I might have cried. It was… average. Standard buffet fare. Eggs (mostly cold), some fruit, toast, the usual suspects. Nothing to write home about. Lunch and dinner? We ate there a couple of times, and it was... inconsistent. One night it was pretty good, the next night it was a bit bland. The service, again, was a bit slow. I once ordered a grilled fish and it took *an hour* to arrive. I mean, I understand "island time," but seriously? I was starving. I honestly considered ordering pizza from the nearest delivery place by the end... The saving grace? Their cocktails. They were actually quite good. But, you probably don't want to rely on cocktails to sustain you throughout your stay. I recommend venturing out for meals - Ubud has some incredible restaurants.

Location, Location, Location: How easy is it to get around from the hotel? Scooter life or taxi hell? 🛵🚕

Getting around? This is where Dewa Bharata presents a bit of a challenge. It IS tucked away, remember? Which means, you're either renting a scooter (which I highly recommend, it's the best way to explore Ubud - BUT be careful with the roads!) or relying on taxis/hotel drivers. The taxis are expensive. I mean, *really* expensive, for Bali. And the hotel drivers? Even more so. I'm talking prices that will make your wallet weep. Scooters? Freedom! BUT, the roads are… let’s say… "adventurous." Potholes abound, traffic can be a nightmare, and, well, I had a near-miss involving a particularly aggressive chicken. So, yeah, scooter life is amazing, but be prepared for a bit of a wild ride. And maybe invest in good travel insurance. Just saying. 😅

The Spa Experience: Relax, Rejuvenate, or Run for the Exit? 💆‍♀️

I’m a sucker for a good spa day. So, of course, I booked a Balinese massage at Dewa Bharata's spa. The setting? Beautiful. The treatment rooms were serene, with that classic Balinese vibe. Incense, soft lighting, the works. The massage itself? It was… okay. Not the best massage I've ever had, but certainly not the worst. The masseuse was pleasant enough, but maybe a little… gentle? I like a massage that really gets in there and works out those knots. This was more of a… relaxing stroke. The real issue? The noise. Despite being in a supposedly tranquil setting, I could hear construction work going on nearby. Hammering, drilling… it completely ruined the vibe. I actually said something to the masseuse, who just smiled and shrugged. So, yeah. Spa day? Maybe not.

Overall Vibe: Was it a total escape to paradise, or a slightly disappointing holiday? Be honest! 🌴

Okay, here's the honest truth: Dewa Bharata is beautiful. The pool? Iconic. The setting? Magical. The potential? HUGE. But it's notRest Nest Hotels

Dewa Bharata Hotel Ubud Bali Indonesia

Dewa Bharata Hotel Ubud Bali Indonesia

Dewa Bharata Hotel Ubud Bali Indonesia

Dewa Bharata Hotel Ubud Bali Indonesia

Post a Comment for "Escape to Paradise: Dewa Bharata Hotel, Ubud's Hidden Gem"