
Kobe's HOTTEST Hotel? Sheraton's Four Points Flex - Unbelievable Views!
Kobe's HOTTEST Hotel? Sheraton's Four Points Flex - Unbelievable Views! (Or, Did I Even Sleep?) - A Review That's Probably Too Honest
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because I just emerged from the whirlwind that is the Four Points by Sheraton Hotel in Kobe, and I need to tell you about it. Don’t expect a perfectly polished travel brochure spiel here, folks. This is more like me, still slightly jet-lagged and fueled by lukewarm vending machine coffee, spilling the tea. (And by tea, I mean, like, everything.)
SEO Keywords (I'm supposed to do this, right?): Kobe Hotel Review, Four Points Sheraton Kobe, Best Views Kobe, Accessible Hotels Japan, Wheelchair Accessible Kobe, Spa Kobe, Swimming Pool Kobe, Japanese Hotel Review, Business Travel Kobe, Family Friendly Hotel Kobe.
First Impressions (and Why My Luggage Might Still Be Lost)
The views… okay, let's start there. Seriously, those panoramic cityscapes will punch you in the face (in a good way!). My room, what they called the "Flex" room, lived up to its name – flexible enough to accommodate, well, me and my ever-expanding suitcase situation. (Honestly, I could write a whole separate review about the accessibility of room size to my personal belongings. Spoiler alert: it was a struggle.)
Accessibility: More Hit Than Miss (Thank God)
Look, I'm not in a wheelchair, but I do appreciate a hotel that thinks about accessibility. The Four Points gets some points for effort. There were elevators, ramps, and the general feeling that someone tried. However… and there’s always a “however,” isn’t there?… navigating the hallways with my massive suitcase felt a bit like an obstacle course. More importantly, I noticed the hallways felt a bit narrow, and I did not see any braille signage.
The Room: Cozy-ish Chaos
Okay, my “Flex” room. It was… fine. Clean, which is a HUGE win in my book. (I'm a germaphobe, sue me!) The blackout curtains were a lifesaver. I basically lived in darkness to combat the jet lag. They also had a safety deposit box, which is always reassuring, especially after I spent an embarrassing amount on… well, let’s just say souvenirs. The bed was comfortable. The bathrobes were fluffy. But the bathroom was… a bit cramped. And the shower wasn't exactly the strongest but hey, it gets the job done. But I did appreciate the complimentary tea and free bottled water.
Internet: The Double-Edged Sword
Free Wi-Fi, yes! Wi-Fi speed… less impressive. I swear my ancient dial-up modem back in the day was faster. But hey, Internet access - LAN was an option. Did I try it? Absolutely not. I was too busy wrestling with the already overloaded Wi-Fi. Work took a hit. Maybe I'll have to go back to using the Internet access – wireless, and then I will see the Internet access - LAN.
Food, Glorious Food (And Then the Aftermath)
The hotel offered a plethora of dining options. (Asian breakfast and Western breakfast). Plus, the restaurant offered Asian cuisine and International cuisine. I dove in, feeling like a kid in a candy store. There was a buffet one morning, which was, shall we say, impressive (in both size and the sheer amount of food I consumed). I grabbed a coffee from the Coffee shop and I ate at the Snack bar. I’m a sucker for a good dessert, and they did not disappoint. However, I did not go to the Vegetarian restaurant. But I did try the Salad in restaurant.
Anecdote Time: The Great Spa Debacle
Okay, this deserves its own section. The spa! Oh, the spa. I envisioned myself floating blissfully after a long, grueling few days of travel. They had a Sauna, a Steamroom, a Spa, a Spa/sauna, a Foot bath, and a Body wrap. I went for a massage. I was so excited. I was ready to surrender to the soothing hands of a masseuse.
Except… I got lost. Twice. Inside the hotel! I wandered the halls, feeling like I was in a maze, and I still didn’t find the darned spa. I finally stumbled upon it just as they were closing. I wasn’t happy. I did however find the Pool with view… which wasn't open.
Things to Do, Ways to Relax (If You Can Find the Time/Place)
Besides the elusive spa, the hotel boasted a Fitness center and a Swimming pool [outdoor]. There was also a Gym/fitness which was great. There was a Terrace, but the weather wasn't cooperating. I found it very difficult to relax, my brain was still jet-lagged.
Cleanliness and Safety: The "We're Trying" Award
I appreciated the effort. They had Hand sanitizer everywhere. They mentioned the Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, and Rooms sanitized between stays. The staff Staff trained in safety protocol were polite and masked. The Safe dining setup was reassuring. Look, safety precautions made sure I felt at least somewhat comfortable.
For the Kids? (Eh, Maybe Not My Department)
They have Babysitting service and are Family/child friendly. Okay, I was the youngest. I had a Kids meal.
Services and Conveniences: A Mixed Bag
They had a Concierge (who, bless their heart, tried) and Currency exchange. The Dry cleaning and Laundry service were tempting. I did utilize the Daily housekeeping which was wonderful. There was Food delivery. The Elevator was a godsend. But the Business facilities, Meeting/banquet facilities, and the Seminars (I'm guessing on the actual events).
Getting Around: The Taxi Tango
Airport transfer? Yes! Car park [free of charge]? Yes! I used a Taxi service once. It was… expensive. I didn't try Bicycle parking.
The Verdict: Worth It? (Maybe. Bring a Map.)
Look, the Four Points Flex has potential. It’s got incredible views, decent amenities, and a solid effort in the safety department. But it's not without its quirks (and the questionable spatial layout of the spa). If you're looking for a hotel with a view and you're happy to navigate a few hiccups, then give it a shot. Just make sure you pack a map, a sense of humor, and maybe a compass to find the spa. And for the love of all that is holy, remember where you parked your suitcase.
Ardmore's BEST Kept Secret: Quality Inn & Suites Review (You WON'T Believe This!)
Okay, buckle up, buttercups. This isn’t your sterile, AI-generated travel brochure. This is real life, Four Points Kobe style. And frankly, I'm still recovering from that jet lag, so bear with me. Here we go:
The Kobe Rollercoaster: A Messy, Wonderful Itinerary (Probably Subject to Change)
Day 1: Arrival & The Great Sannomiya Scramble
- Morning (or What Passes for Morning): Landed. Bleary-eyed. Passport control felt longer than my entire flight. Found (eventually) the train to Sannomiya Station. Let me tell you, navigating the Japanese train system on zero sleep is a special kind of hell. Think… interpretive dance of panic and pointing. I have to say though, the transit is clean, efficient, and the signage eventually makes sense.
- Arrival at Four Points Flex by Sheraton Kobe Sannomiya: Checked in. The room… is… cozy. Okay, it's a small cozy. But hey, the view is decent, and the bed looks inviting. Currently, I’m fighting an internal battle between wanting to nap for a week and the gnawing feeling that I'm wasting precious Kobe time. Sleep won.
- Afternoon: The Sannomiya Scramble & The Quest for Coffee (and Sanity): Okay, finally awake. Sannomiya is a sensory overload in the best way. Tiny shops, neon signs, people zipping by on scooters. Found a small, adorable coffee shop - thank God. The coffee was strong and delicious, and the barista, bless his heart, didn't bat an eye at my zombie-like state. Walked around, got lost (of course), and stumbled upon a tiny noodle shop. Ordered the tonkotsu ramen, which was an out-of-body experience, and let me tell you, it was more delicious than any bowl to ever grace my lips. I could have eaten four.
- Evening: Back at the hotel, slightly overwhelmed but in a good way. Plan is to venture out tonight, maybe find some dinner, and try not to get lost again. No promises.
Day 2: Harbor Views, Kobe Beef Dreams & An Accidental Karaoke Disaster
- Morning: Decided to be a responsible tourist. Headed to the Kobe Port Tower (the view is really spectacular, just saying). Wandered the harbor, watched the boats coming and going. Honestly, it's beautiful, but the constant selfie sticks were starting to grate on my nerves a bit.
- Afternoon: The Kobe Beef Obsession Begins: This is where things get real. Kobe beef is… well, it's legendary for a reason. Found a highly-rated restaurant, braced myself for the bill (yikes!), and ordered a steak. The moment it hit my tongue? Pure, unadulterated bliss. Seriously, you could hear the angels singing. I’m now prepared to sell a kidney for another plate. More specifically I can't stop thinking about the flavor.
- Evening: (Here's where things go off the rails): Decided to be "adventurous" and stumbled into a karaoke bar with some other tourists. Sounded fine at first. Drinks flowed. Bad decisions were made. I belted out an off-key rendition of a 90s pop song that should be a war crime. The memory still makes me cringe. Let's just say, I'm pretty sure I'm banned from Karaoke for life.
Day 3: Hiking the Mountains, The Sake Factory & Contemplating My Life Choices
- Morning: The hangover from the karaoke incident is real. Seriously, I woke up and considered curling up in a ball and never leaving the room. But no. I'm a tourist and I have a schedule. Dragged myself to the mountains and the Nunobiki Herb Gardens. Hike was pretty. View was great. The air smelled sweet. The exercise almost cured the Karaoke Trauma.
- Afternoon: Sake Time: Visited a local sake brewery. Tasting the different varieties was amazing. Definitely learned a lot about the process, though the details are now a bit hazy. Okay, a lot hazy. Let’s just say I’m feeling pretty good. The only sad part is, all good things must come to an end, and I needed to find my way back to the hotel.
- Evening: The Great Reflection: Back at the hotel, I’m feeling content. So… It's time to reflect on my life and the trip. I am honestly really happy I could take this. So much. I'll probably do some more wandering, maybe grab some Takoyaki that I saw earlier. I am also feeling a new appreciation for earplugs.
Day 4: Final Bites & Farewell (For Now, Kobe!)
- Morning: Last-Minute Souvenirs & Regret: Raced around trying to find last-minute souvenirs. Ended up with way too many weird anime figurines and a questionable t-shirt. The airport is always a mix of excitement and melancholy.
- Afternoon: Farewell Feast (and Final Kobe Beef Attempt): Had one last delicious dinner. Kobe beef, obviously. This time, I ordered a cheaper cut, but still, it was a good decision. As I wait for my flight, I think back and go, "wow, I can't believe how much I did". Still I can't wait to come back when I can.
The Verdict:
Kobe, you magnificent, chaotic, delicious place. You've provided me with unforgettable food, embarrassing experiences, and a profound appreciation for the power of a good nap. It's been messy, it's been wonderful, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'll see you again soon. Just maybe without the karaoke.
Lafayette's BEST Budget Hotel: Unbeatable Deals at Americas Best Value Inn!
Is the view *really* as good as everyone says? Because, the internet, y'know…
What's the deal with the "Flex" part? Is it actually flexible?
Are the rooms nice? I'm kind of picky about my hotel rooms... and, you know, I like my space.
Okay, the food. Spill the beans. What's good to eat around there?
Is it easy to get around? I can't navigate a map or speak Japanese.
What about the service? Is it, like, super polite?
Okay, okay, let's talk about the *bad*. Give me the honest lowdown.


Post a Comment for "Kobe's HOTTEST Hotel? Sheraton's Four Points Flex - Unbelievable Views!"