Unbelievable Udaipur Luxury: Fateh Garh Resort Awaits!

Fateh Garh Resort by Fateh Collection Udaipur India

Fateh Garh Resort by Fateh Collection Udaipur India

Unbelievable Udaipur Luxury: Fateh Garh Resort Awaits!

Unbelievable Udaipur Luxury: Fateh Garh Resort Awaits… (Or Does It?) - A Messy, Honest Review

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I've just returned from a Udaipur adventure, and let me tell you, the Fateh Garh Resort? It's an experience, to put it mildly. This isn't your perfectly polished, corporate-speak review. This is the real deal, warts and all, just like my post-vacation tan.

(SEO & Metadata Alert! We gotta get those keywords in there, right? So, here we go: Udaipur, Fateh Garh, Resort, Luxury, India, Rajasthan, Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Spa, Pool, Restaurant, WiFi, Cleanliness, Safety, Family Friendly, Things to Do, Travel Review)

First off, the location. Stunning. Just, wow. Perched on a hill, overlooking the city, Fateh Garh is undeniably picturesque. That initial "OMG, I'm in a movie!" feeling? Totally there. You've got your sprawling views, your traditional architecture, the whole shebang. It's gorgeous. BUT, and there's always a but, the getting around part? That’s where things got a little… tricky.

Accessibility: Okay, listen, the website says they’re accessible, and technically, they are. (Wheelchair accessible) in certain areas. But navigating this place as someone with mobility limitations? Let’s just say it’s a workout. There are ramps, yes, bless their hearts, but also cobblestone pathways that make you question every wheel you’ve ever trusted. And the sheer scale of the place? Get ready to clock some serious steps in your wheelchair or scooter. Elevator access is limited, so be sure you're getting a room on a low floor. Facilities for disabled guests exist, but it's definitely not perfect. It felt like they tried accessibility, but didn't quite finish the job. This needs a solid reassessment, honestly.

Internet, Oh Internet… Speaking of imperfections: Internet access – wireless, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!, Internet access – LAN, Internet, Wi-Fi in public areas. Forget the "free" part of the Wi-Fi. It was spotty at best. In my room? Dead zones. In the public areas? Occasionally, you could snag a signal long enough to send a quick email before it vanished into the digital ether. (Internet) I attempted to get some work done (yes, I know, vacation, blah blah blah), but the sheer frustration of a dying internet connection made me want to throw my laptop off the balcony. (I didn't, don't worry, but the temptation was STRONG).

Cleanliness and Safety - A Mixed Bag, For Sure

Let's be real, safety and hygiene are HUGE right now. Cleanliness and safety at Fateh Garh was… variable. On the one hand, you had the good stuff: Staff trained in safety protocol, Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Rooms sanitized between stays, Hand sanitizer everywhere you looked. They were taking it seriously. Individually-wrapped food options, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items. I felt relatively safe and it gave me relief. First aid kit was also a great reassurance. They even had Safe dining setup and Cashless payment service.

But then there were the little things that made me raise an eyebrow. I saw a few dust bunnies bigger than my cat in one of the common areas. And the room sanitization? Room sanitization opt-out available. Okay, good.

Dining, Because Let's Talk About Food

Alright, the food. The food. This is where things got… complicated. The Restaurants are plentiful and aesthetically pleasing.

Restaurants: Seriously.

  • A la carte in restaurant: Yes, and delicious.
  • Alternative meal arrangement: Available, thankfully.
  • Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant (YES!)
  • Bar, Poolside bar, Happy hour: Check, check, and check!
  • Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant: The buffet was pretty spectacular. So much choice. A glorious, carb-laden, fruit-filled spread. I’m still dreaming of the masala dosas.
  • Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant: Yup, and yup!
  • International cuisine in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant: Something for everyone.
  • Room service [24-hour]: Bless you, room service! When the internet failed, room service always delivered.
  • Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant: More options! More choices!

The breakfast was a highlight. The Asian breakfast was divine, and that buffet… oh, that buffet! The selection was vast, the presentation beautiful, and the flavors… well, let's just say I may have gained a few pounds. I was particularly fond of the salad in restaurant and the desserts. Now, the service, that's where things went a little sideways. The staff was lovely, but sometimes communication was a struggle. I’d order a coffee and end up with a plate of samosas. Not a bad thing, mind you, but not exactly what I was expecting. I did find the bottle of water was easily available.

But here's my big food moment: I'm a vegetarian. I was thrilled to see a Vegetarian restaurant listed. And, honestly, the food was amazing. The dishes were creative and flavorful, and I ate my weight in paneer. But. BUT. On one particular evening, I ordered a beautifully described vegetarian dish - I'm talking, words like "exquisite" and "tantalizing" were used. What arrived? A dish that, after several bites, I realized contained chicken.

My reaction? A combination of mortification and annoyance. I flagged down a server and calmly explained the situation. They were apologetic, offered a replacement (which I declined, the moment had passed), and comped the dish. Fine. But it was a HUGE reminder to always triple-check your order, even in a place that tries to be impeccable. It was clear that while they were definitely trying to be, the kitchen staff wasn't, shall we say, completely on top of things. It was a genuine mistake, yes, and they handled it well, but it was also the one thing that shattered the perfect facade…

Things to Do & Ways to Relax - Spa Day Dreams (Sort Of)

Things to do, ways to relax at the resort are abundant.

  • Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Massage, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Sauna, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor], Pool with view: all there.

The spa was supposed to be a highlight. Imagine: a luxurious Spa/sauna experience, complete with Body scrub, Body wrap, Massage, Sauna, Steamroom, Foot bath. Dreamy, right? Well, the treatments were pleasant. The relaxation itself? I was expecting sheer bliss. The reality? It was nice, but the pressure - both the literal and figurative - was very, very gentle.

The good parts of the spa. The pool with view was also wonderful.

Rooms, Glorious Rooms (Mostly)

My room? Oh, the room! It was beautiful. Available in all rooms: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens was wonderful. Additional toilet, Bathroom phone, Smoke alarms, Socket near the bed were also great. There was even a Proposal spot! (Though I didn’t witness any proposals, sadly).

Services and Conveniences - A Mixed Bag Continued

  • Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center: all available.

They offer a wide array of services: Concierge, Luggage storage, Laundry service (thank goodness!), and even a **Gift/souvenir

Escape to Texas Hill Country: Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio NE/Schertz

Book Now

Fateh Garh Resort by Fateh Collection Udaipur India

Fateh Garh Resort by Fateh Collection Udaipur India

Okay, buckle up, buttercups! This isn't your sanitized, perfectly polished travel brochure itinerary. This is real me, at Fateh Garh Resort, Udaipur, ready to spill the (chai-drizzled) beans. Prepare for detours, drama, and the occasional existential crisis, all in the name of a good trip.

Fateh Garh Freakshow: A Slightly Chaotic Itinerary

Day 1: Landed, Lost, and Loving the Laundry Bag… (or, the Arrival is Always an Adventure)

  • 7:00 AM (IST): Ugh. Getting up early to catch the flight from… well, let's just say it wasn't exactly a breezy journey. Airport security? More like airport insecurity. I swear I set off the metal detector just by thinking about taking a selfie. My luggage made it, somehow, mostly intact. (Fingers crossed for the return trip!)

  • 12:00 PM (IST): Landed in Udaipur! The air… it's warm and spicy, like a Bollywood dance number. Except, I'm the slightly clumsy actor who always trips over the sarong. Finding my driver was an adventure in itself, involving frantic waving, bad Hindi, and an embarrassing amount of staring. But eventually, there he was!

  • 1:30 PM (IST): The drive to Fateh Garh. The scenery? Stunning. Honestly, just the drive was a feast for the eyes. The Aravalli hills rising up like sleeping giants and the sheer vibrancy of life on the streets, the colors… it's intoxicating. The resort is perched up there, and you feel so far from the world.

  • 2:30 PM (IST): Check-in. OMG, the lobby! It's got this ancient, regal vibe, like Indiana Jones is gonna come swinging in any minute. The staff, bless their hearts, are so polite, I feel like I'm constantly apologizing just for breathing. This is gonna be my first proper Luxury hotel stay, hopefully my expectations won't be too high!

  • 3:00 PM (IST): Room reveal! My room, a suite, is HUGE! And that view! Honestly, it's almost too much. I spent a solid five minutes just staring out the window, battling the urge to burst into tears of pure, unadulterated joy. Seriously, is this real life?

  • 3:30 PM (IST): The Laundry Bag Epiphany: Okay, this is key. My laundry bag is, like, the size of a small country. (I over pack, okay?) So, I'm unpacking, and I'm like, "Where do I put this beast?" Solution: I'm using it as a makeshift ottoman. Don't judge, the room is big, and my clothes will eventually get there (I hope).

  • 4:00 PM (IST): Quick exploration of the resort. Found the infinity pool. Swoon. This is gonna be where I spend most of my waking hours, I suspect.

  • 5:00 PM (IST): Attempted Chai time! The chai was delicious! But I spilled half of it down my front (classic) and immediately stained my shirt. Fail. This is why I travel with backup clothes!

  • 7:00 PM (IST): Dinner at the rooftop restaurant. The food is decent, the view is spectacular, and the only thing missing is a prince on a white horse to sweep me off my feet. (A girl can dream, right?) I had a chicken dish and some naan bread which were a little bit bland, but the ambiance was gorgeous. I wish the service was as seamless as my room's view.

  • 9:00 PM (IST): Stargazing on the rooftop. Absolutely mesmerizing. The sheer number of stars! I almost forgot about my existential dread… almost. But then I started thinking about my laundry bag again, and the cycle started anew.

  • 10:00 PM (IST): Tucked in bed. Day one down. Feeling overwhelmed (in a good way!), a little lost (still), and utterly grateful (always). God, I didn't know this life could be this real.

Day 2: Royal Revelations and Accidental Adventures

  • 8:00 AM (IST): Wakey, wakey! (After hitting snooze about five times.) The view from my bed is still unreal.

  • 8:30 AM (IST): Breakfast. The buffet? A wonderland of deliciousness. I swear, if I eat one more paratha, I'm going to need a whole new wardrobe. But I can't stop.

  • 9:30 AM (IST): (The Big One) City Palace Tour! Okay, so I signed up with the hotel's guide and was excited to see the Udaipur city and the City Palace. Apparently, it was built over a period of nearly 400 years by various rulers of the Mewar dynasty… which is impressive! (But let's be honest, all I heard was "history and history and more history"). The guide was, let's say, intense with his history. I learned so much. I may have forgotten 90% of it, but I saw incredible architecture and detail. The sheer opulence! I loved the colorful details and the intricate carvings. I managed to resist the urge to buy a sari… for now.

  • 1:00 PM (IST): Lunch at a local cafe (recommendation from the guide, I was wary). It turns out It was worth the risk. The local food was incredible. I tried the spicy curry (on the spicy side) and some of the best roti I've ever tasted in my life.

  • 2:30 PM (IST): Back to the Fateh Garh. I'd managed to get lost on my way back. I took a wrong turn and ended up in a completely different part of the city, which was pretty cool! The friendly locals set me straight with their directions (and laughter).

  • 3:30 PM (IST): Pool Time Redemption! Spent a solid hour just floating in the infinity pool, staring at the Aravalli hills. I am almost certain I saw a monkey in the treetops. It could have been delusion.

  • 4:30 PM (IST): Relaxing at the spa. I got a massage. The therapist was so firm. I almost cried, but I couldn’t because I did not want to be the rude tourist. I felt good, but also embarrassed.

  • 6:00 PM (IST): Trying to find the bar. I could use a drink. Finding the bar was an adventure in itself. Apparently, it’s hidden.

  • 7:00 PM (IST): The bar. Success! I had a cocktail while watching the sunset and the lights come on in the city. It was magical, until I saw those monkeys again.

  • 8:00 PM (IST): Dinner at the resort. The food was incredible!

  • 9:00 PM (IST): Thinking about doing some writing, but I'm too tired.

Day 3: The Lake, the Laundry, and the Longing

  • 7:00 AM (IST): Wake up. I'm running out of clean clothes. The laundry bag is calling…

  • 8:00 AM (IST): Breakfast. More paratha. I'm not even sorry.

  • 9:00 AM (IST): Lake Pichola boat tour. The lake is beautiful, and the boats are ancient. It's absolutely delightful. I did see someone fell in the water. I'm pretty sure that was a dolphin.

  • 11:00 AM (IST): The laundry bag is still there and I started to feel a little bit overwhelmed, I decided to treat myself to a little bit of shopping.

  • 12:00 PM (IST): Lunch at a local restaurant. I had a really nice conversation with some locals.

  • 1:30 PM (IST): Packing. I'm leaving tomorrow, so it's happening. The laundry bag is no longer an ottoman.

  • 4:00 PM (IST): Another swim. Why not?

  • 6:00 PM (IST): My Final Cocktail: I am drinking this drink and staring out the window. I am alone. I am at peace.

  • 7:00 PM (IST): Dinner, followed by the dreaded packing of the suitcase.

  • 9:00 PM (IST): Trying to make sense of my experience. I don't think I can.

Day 4: Farewell, Fateh Garh (and the Laundry Bag)

  • 7:00 AM (IST): Breakfast. One last paratha. Sniffle.

  • 8:00 AM (IST): Saying goodbye to the staff. They were all so kind.

  • 9:00 AM (IST): Heading to the airport. The drive is sad.

  • **12:00 PM

Pigeon Forge Paradise: Courtyard's Unbeatable Smoky Mountain Getaway!

Book Now

Fateh Garh Resort by Fateh Collection Udaipur India

Fateh Garh Resort by Fateh Collection Udaipur India```html

Unbelievable Udaipur Luxury: Fateh Garh Resort Awaits! - Or Does It? A Messy FAQ

Okay, so… Fateh Garh, huh? What's the *deal*? Is it actually as ridiculously opulent as the photos?

Alright, buckle up buttercup, because the photos? They’re not *lying*. Fateh Garh? It's like some Bollywood dream sequence vomited into a Rajasthani hillside. Towering stone walls, intricate carvings, the whole shebang. I went expecting… well, another hotel, frankly. You know, the usual. This? This was different. The first time I walked in, I actually gasped. Like, a proper, theatrical gasp. I may have even tripped a little, I was so distracted by the sheer… *stuff*. It IS opulent. Like, "I'm not worthy of this breakfast buffet" opulent. But… (and there's ALWAYS a but, isn't there?)… sometimes it feels a *little* like a movie set. Beautiful, yes. Real? Maybe a smidge less so. But hey, I'm not complaining. Not entirely.

The views! Everyone raves about the views! Are they really that breathtaking?

Oh. My. God. The views. Okay, okay, calm down, self. YES. They are. Seriously, the first morning, I woke up, wandered out onto my balcony (because, of course, I had a balcony—this place practically screams "BALCONY!"), and just… stared. The rolling hills, the city sprawling below, the lake… it was almost too much. I actually teared up a little. Don't judge me! I'm a sucker for a good sunset. My "view" was on the "less grand view" side, but still, a view. I have to admit, I spent a solid hour just… breathing. And taking a million photos, of course. (Don't worry, I deleted most of them. Promise.) Now, the *real* breathtaking bit? The rooftop. Go. Just… go. Especially around sunset. You'll thank me. Or curse me for making you cry. Probably both.

Let’s talk about the food. Is it actually good, or is it just pretty to look at? (And is the buffet any good?)

Okay, food. This is where things get… complicated. The restaurant is *gorgeous*. Seriously, like, chandelier-overload gorgeous. The service? Mostly impeccable. (More on that later). The food? A mixed bag. Some dishes were absolutely divine. The Laal Maas? To die for. Seriously, I dreamt about it for a week. The breakfasts were a joyous, chaotic experience on the whole. I think, between you and me, I pretty much ate my weight in parathas. The buffet? It had its ups and downs. Sometimes, the food tasted a little… catered. A little *mass-produced*. But other times, BAM! Delicious. The desserts were consistently good, though. I may or may not have snuck a second piece of the gulab jamun. Don't judge me. I was on VACATION! And seriously, that gulab jamun was life-changing.

The pool! Everyone always talks about the pool. Is it as relaxing as it looks?

The pool… okay, yes. The pool is pretty. Very Instagram-able. I spent a lot of time at the pool. I am not usually a big pool person. But, as a place to be lazy and read and drink cocktails, it was perfect. The water was actually pretty chilly, at least when I went in, which was a relief from the Rajasthan heat. However, there were a few minor problems. The first day I went, the towel service was a little slow. I had to go find someone to get me one! I may have grumbled about it. Then, the next day, there were a bunch of noisy kids splashing around. Not exactly the zen experience I was hoping for. (I'm not a fan of other peoples' children). But all in all, the pool was a good place to be. Even if the experience was a little compromised at times. (I should have gone earlier.)

The staff! Are they overly attentive, or just the right balance of helpfulness?

The staff… ah, the staff. Okay, here's the truth. They were mostly wonderful, genuinely friendly, and helpful. They’re incredibly eager to please which is a blessing and a curse. Sometimes the helpfulness veered into "slightly overbearing." Like, "Are you sure you don’t need someone to follow you to your room and tuck you in?" overbearing. Especially when I had to negotiate with the waiter, the second day. He was so concerned about my dietary restrictions that he suggested I order everything separately. I was so overwhelmed that I just ordered some potatoes. But I digress. More often than not, they were brilliant. Always smiling, always ready with a recommendation or a glass of water before you even *thought* you needed one. There was one guy, though, in the restaurant... a charming young man who seemed to pop in at exactly the right time with a refill; I think he knew my every need before I did. He made the experience, truly he did. He was like a guardian angel of the gulab jamun.

What about the spa? Worth it?

The spa… okay, so the spa. This deserves its own section. I went for a massage, because, well, I was at a luxury resort, and how could I not? The spa’s beautifully decorated, with a very serene atmosphere. The massage itself? Ah, now, here's where things get interesting. It started off great. The aromatherapy oils were heavenly, the masseuse was skilled… and then, BANG! The air conditioning went out. Just… poof. Gone. Now, I'm not usually one to complain about a bit of heat, but in a (supposedly) air conditioned room, whilst receiving a massage? It got… toasty. I was sweating, the masseuse was sweating, we were both pretending everything was fine, but internally, we were both probably screaming. By the end, I was half-expecting to see a small waterfall of sweat on the floor. I should have said something, but honestly, I didn’t want to be that person. That's my biggest regret from the trip.. The massage itself was pretty good. But the experience? A bit… memorable. I still laugh about it. (And yes, I did let the staff know later, and they gave me a discount. Smooth it over, didn't they.) In short? Make sure the AC is working before you commit.

What’s the best thing about Fateh Garh?

The best thing? Honestly? The *feeling*. The sheer, overwhelming sense of… *being somewhere special*. Yes, there were flaws. Yes, it felt a little bit like Disneyland at times. Yes, I probably ate too much gulab jamun. But stepping into that place, even with all its imperfections, was like stepping into another world. A beautiful, slightly unreal world. And that, my friends, is worth the price of admission. Even if you end up slightly sunburnt, slightly overfed, and wishing the AC in the spa would work. Go.Personalized Stays

Fateh Garh Resort by Fateh Collection Udaipur India

Fateh Garh Resort by Fateh Collection Udaipur India

Fateh Garh Resort by Fateh Collection Udaipur India

Fateh Garh Resort by Fateh Collection Udaipur India

Post a Comment for "Unbelievable Udaipur Luxury: Fateh Garh Resort Awaits!"