
Escape to Paradise: The Lantern Resort Awaits in Phuket!
Escape to Paradise? More Like a Passport to… Well, Phuket! - A Review of The Lantern Resort (with My Brain Vomit)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to unload my Phuket experience at The Lantern Resort. This isn't your typical polished review; it's more of a disorganized diary entry sprinkled with a healthy dose of "me" and "OMG, remember that time…?" Prepare yourselves for a bumpy ride, because honestly, that's kinda how the whole trip felt. Haha!
(SEO Keywords: Lantern Resort Phuket review, accessible hotel Phuket, wheelchair-friendly hotel Thailand, luxury Phuket hotel, spa resort Phuket, family-friendly Phuket, best Phuket resorts, Phuket hotel with Wi-Fi, Phuket resort dining, Phuket things to do)
The Arrival: Smooth(ish) Sailing?
First off, the airport transfer. They offer it. Score one for convenience! But let me tell you, after a 14-hour flight, "smooth" is relative. There's that hazy feeling that you have to deal with, and the driver… well, he was nice but didn't speak much English. So, lots of nodding and pointing. Totally my travel style. #CommunicationGoals
Accessibility - The Wheelchair Waltz (and a Few Stumbles)
Okay, let's get down to the nitty-gritty, because I'm a wheelchair user and accessibility is huge for me. They advertise it, right? Accessibility: Check. Facilities for disabled guests: Check. Elevator: Check. Now, the reality… Well, it's a mixed bag.
- The Good: The reception area and a good chunk of the public spaces were genuinely accessible. Wide hallways, ramps where needed. They get it. Big thumbs up! The main outdoor pool area? Easy peasy.
- The Not-So-Good: Some of the smaller pathways… let's just say my chair got a serious workout. And the bathrooms? They had grab bars, which is fantastic, but the shower was a bit… cramped. Navigating the whole resort was doable, but not always effortless. It's Phuket, not Switzerland, so I had to be prepared for the occasional bumpy road.
*(Important Note: If you're a wheelchair user, ALWAYS call ahead and confirm specific accessibility details for your room. Don't rely solely on the website!) My room was functional, but not stellar. I later realized: It was only the *beginning* of my accessible journey! I was just happy to be away from the cold of Canada, for gods sake, and that was truly priceless.*
Room Rant (My Sanctuary… Kinda)
Available in all rooms: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.
My room? Pretty standard. Air conditioning: Thank god, because the Phuket humidity is no joke! Blackout curtains: Lifesaver for those jet lag mornings. Free Wi-Fi: Crucial. That's how I managed to keep up with my life! Coffee/tea maker: Essential. My morning ritual. The mini-bar was tempting but expensive - like, I’d rather spend my money on massages and cocktails! The bathtub: Didn't use it. Honestly, who has time for baths on vacation?! The bed was HUGE and comfy. What more does a gal need?
- (Rambling Thought): Okay, so I had this crazy idea one night. I ordered room service. "A simple salad, please." It was a garden on my plate, honestly. And delicious. But the memory… it makes me smile to this day…
Wi-Fi Woes and Web Wonders:
Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet services, Wi-Fi in public areas, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Okay, the Wi-Fi. Overall, it was decent. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Yes. I could finally post that beach selfie! Internet access – LAN? Didn’t even touch that. Old school. Wi-Fi in public areas? Mostly good, but sometimes it was a little… wonky, especially when many people were online. I needed to get some work done some days, so I'd have to find a quiet spot. The whole experience was stressful. I even thought about buying a local SIM card, but honestly, I was on vacation, and a break was just what the Doctor prescribed, and I just wanted to enjoy myself.
Food Frenzy (and My Stomach's Adventure)
Restaurants, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant First off: Breakfast buffet? Yes, please! A glorious spread of everything, including bacon. Delicious stuff. I kinda went hog wild. Definitely not a food critic kind of review. More like a “I like food” kind of review. The coffee was also decent. I spent an hour or two at the coffee shop.
The Restaurants were definitely a highlight.
- The Poolside Bar. The most amazing Happy Hour, I think I had in my life. Cocktails, anyone? Pure bliss. Watching the sun go down over the pool and the sea… chef's kiss.
- The Asian Cuisine. I had some incredible Pad Thai, and the spring rolls were to die for. I still dream of that Pad Thai.
- Western Cuisine? Never found a fault, but I wouldn't go to Thailand to eat a burger.
The Spa Saga: Bliss, Budget, and Body Wraps
Body scrub, Body wrap, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Massage
The spa… Oh, the spa. This is why you go to Phuket. I indulged. Big time. Massages: Heaven. I'm not kidding, I went almost every day. Deep tissue, aromatherapy, the works. Body scrubs and body wraps? Yes, and yes. I emerged feeling like a new human. The sauna and steamroom were lovely. The Spa/sauna facilities? Top-notch. The only drawback: The cost. It's a splurge, people! But, for me, totally worth it. I'm still trying to budget to have a massage every day now that I'm back home.
Poolside Paradise (and My Sunburn Scare)
Pool with view, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]
The pool? Stunning. Swimming pool [outdoor]? Yep! I spent hours lounging by the pool, sipping cocktails. Pool with view? Oh, yeah! The view was gorgeous. A true picture postcard.
- (Confession): I might have fallen asleep in the sun one day. Sunburn? Oh, yes. Don't be like me. Wear sunscreen! And if you're fair like me, wear sunscreen religiously!
Things to Do (Beyond Laying Around):
Things to do, ways to relax
Okay. I'm not the most active vacationer. In my opinion, the best way to relax is at a spa or near a pool. But I did manage to venture out a few times. I took a taxi to the beach, saw some temples and watched the sunset. The hotel offered a few activities, but I was happy to do my own thing.
Cleanliness and Safety (Because, You Know, Life)
Cleanliness and safety, Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment
They were serious about cleanliness, and I appreciated that. Hand sanitizer everywhere. Daily disinfection in common areas. Felt safe. Staff trained in safety protocol? Definitely. They took things seriously, which was reassuring in the world we live in. I didn't feel like I had to worry about things like that.
Services and Conveniences - The Little Things That Matter
**Services and conveniences, Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash
Rock Hill's BEST TownePlace Suites? (Insider Review!)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your cookie-cutter travel itinerary. This is my messy, glorious, possibly disastrous, and definitely opinionated trip to The Lantern Resort in Patong, Phuket. Get ready for the feels, the fumbles, and the inevitable sunburn.
The Lantern Resort - Patong: A Psychological Rollercoaster (10 Days)
Day 1: Arrival & Immediate Regret (Mostly Kidding…Mostly)
- Morning (6:00 AM - 10:00 AM): Flight from… let's just say "somewhere chilly, where the sun is a myth" to Phuket. The airport? Okay, it wasn't terrible, but the crowds. Good lord, the crowds. Already sweating, and I hadn't even set foot in Thailand yet. Pre-emptive existential crisis brewing.
- Midday (10:00 AM - 1:00 PM): Transfer to The Lantern Resort. The driver? A cheerful chap with a penchant for speeding and a near-death experience involving a scooter. (Me: clutching my pearls. The driver: laughing.) Arrived at the resort. First impression? "Oh, this is ridiculously pretty." Photos definitely don’t do the place justice. Poolside heaven, already plotting how to spend the next ten days by the water.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Check-in. Nap. (Crucial. Jet lag is kicking my butt.) Then, the real test: navigating Patong Beach for the first time. Holy. Crap. The noise, the vendors, the relentless calls of "Lady! Massage?"… it's a sensory overload. But hey, I'm here, right? I'm doing this! Stumbled upon a little restaurant with a ridiculously spicy Pad Thai. Tears of joy, tears of pain… and a promise to myself to pack more tissues.
- Evening (5:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Dinner at the resort's restaurant. Delicious. Maybe a little too delicious, as I'm pretty sure I ate enough for two people. Strolled back to my room, got distracted by a street performer, and accidentally bought a ridiculously overpriced, but undeniably shiny, elephant-shaped statue. Regrets? Maybe later. Bedtime. Need some zen before the real chaos begins.
Day 2: Beach Bliss & Bargaining Battles
- Morning (7:00 AM - 12:00 PM): FINALLY! Pool time! Book, sunshine, and the soothing sounds of chlorine. This is it. This is the life. Made friends with a very chatty Australian couple. (Spoiler alert: I'll know their entire life story by the end of the week.)
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Ventured back into Patong. Okay, it's still chaos, but I’m starting to acclimatize. Went to the beach. The sand? Perfection. The waves? Surprisingly strong. The vendors? STILL relentless. Attempted to bargain for a sarong… and failed miserably. Apparently, my negotiation skills are non-existent. Ended up paying way more than I should have, but hey, the sarong is pretty. (And I'm telling myself that's what matters.)
- Evening (4:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Sunset cocktails at a beachfront bar. Gorgeous. Absolutely breathtaking. And then, disaster struck. Spilled red wine on my new sarong. Cue dramatic sigh. Managed to salvage it (kind of). Dinner at a small, local restaurant. The food was AMAZING. Seriously, I'm going to gain ten pounds.
Day 3: Elephant Sanctuary (My Heart!)
- Morning (8:00 AM - 12:00 PM): The reason I came to Thailand: an elephant sanctuary visit. Words cannot describe the emotional experience of spending time with these amazing creatures. Feeding them, watching them bathe… pure, unadulterated joy. Shed at least a gallon of happy tears. Absolutely worth every penny and the early wake-up call. This day, was utterly perfect.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Post-elephant glow. Took a long, relaxing shower to scrub the mud off. Sipped coconut water by the pool. Reflecting on the incredible morning. Still smiling. (Maybe I'll adopt an elephant?)
- Evening (5:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Thai cooking class! My kitchen skills are… let's say "developing." The green curry tasted amazing, which is amazing because I made it! Overate again. Seriously considering investing in elastic-waisted pants.
Day 4: Island Hopping & Seasickness (The Less Pretty Part)
- Morning (7:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Boat trip to Phi Phi Islands. The scenery? Stunning. The turquoise water? Unreal. My stomach? Apparently not so thrilled. Seasickness kicked in HARD. Spent most of the boat ride hovering over the side, contemplating my life choices. (Should have taken those seasickness pills!)
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Somehow managed to get off the boat and explored the islands. Maya Bay was packed, but still beautiful. Snorkeling was good, but mostly just wanted to get back onto solid ground.
- Evening (4:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Back at the resort, feeling shaky and slightly green. Ordered a bland dinner and vowed to never look at a boat again. Ate medicine. Slept the sleep of the seasick. I'll try to go to the beach tomorrow.
Day 5: Beach Recovery & Retail Therapy
- Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Slept in! Needed the rest after the boat trip. Spent the morning lounging by the pool, slowly recovering from sea sickness. The sun felt so good.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Retail therapy time! Hit up the markets in Patong. Finally successfully negotiated a price for a scarf! (Victory!) Bought far too many souvenirs (mostly for myself). My suitcase is already bulging.
- Evening (4:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Thai massage! Bliss. Absolute, pure, uncluttered bliss. My aching muscles melted away. The masseuse was a tiny woman with hands of steel. Fell asleep during the head massage and woke up feeling like a new person.
Day 6: Diving Deep (Literally and Figuratively)
- Morning (8:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Scuba diving lesson! Always wanted to learn. Nervous, but excited. The instructor was patient and encouraging. Descending underwater was both terrifying and exhilarating. Saw some incredible fish. Definitely going back for more!
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Exhausted from the diving. Napped by the pool. Ate a huge burger. Feeling my body is finally starting to adjust the time zones.
- Evening (4:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Dinner at a fancy restaurant. Splurged on the lobster. Delicious, decadent, worth it.
Day 7: Exploring Phuket Town
- Morning (9:00 AM - 1:00 PM): Day trip to Phuket Town. Beautiful old town with colorful Sino-Portuguese architecture. Explored the markets, visited a temple, and took a million photos.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Lunch at a cute cafe and tried Pad See Ew. Wandered the streets of the old town, getting lost and enjoying the atmosphere.
- Evening (5:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Back at the resort. Relaxing by the pool. Dinner at the resort restaurant, which never disappoints.
Day 8: Beach Day & Sunset Spectacle
- Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Beach day! Spent the morning swimming in the sea. Reading a novel. People-watching.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Sunbathing. A massage by the beach.
- Evening (4:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Watched the sunset, it did not disappoint.
Day 9: Farewell Feast & Last-Minute Souvenirs
- Morning (8:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Final dip in the pool. Farewell breakfast at the resort. Sigh. Already dreading leaving.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Last-minute souvenir shopping. Got a very large, and potentially impractical, piece of art I can hang on my wall.
- Evening (4:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Farewell dinner. Emotional speech about how the trip changed my life. (Okay, maybe not, but I'm definitely going

Escape to Paradise: The Lantern Resort – Your Questions (and My Ramblings) Answered!
So, *is* The Lantern Resort actually paradise or is it just… another resort?
Alright, alright, let's be real. Paradise is a BIG word. And The Lantern? Well, it's... pretty darn close, alright? Look, I *was* skeptical. I mean, "lantern" screams "rustic charm" and I'd heard conflicting things. But... the moment I stepped out of the cab, the air hit me. Hot, humid, and *perfumed*. It's like the resort used a cologne made of pure sunshine and blooming frangipani. That's a good start, yeah?
Here's the thing: It's not perfect. My first room had a wonky air conditioner that sounded like a dying walrus. Took them three tries and a very dramatic "I'M GOING TO MELT" speech from me at the front desk to fix it. But the staff? Honestly? They're amazing. Smiling, genuinely helpful. Like, super-zen-master-smiley. It’s like they're all secretly ninja monks who also happen to excel in the hospitality business. So, yeah, not *perfect*, but the flaws are quickly forgotten. Almost. (That walrus AC really haunted me.)
What's the best room to book? Give me the lowdown, the juicy secrets!
Okay, this is where I get opinionated. And messy. I'm a Villa girl, through and through. Forget practicality, forget budget (well, try to, anyway). That PRIVATE POOL. Oh, the sweet, sweet siren song of my own little oasis! The villas are seriously worth the splurge. Imagine this: waking up, stumbling out of your ridiculously comfy bed, and... *bam*... straight into the pool. No sharing with screaming kids (mostly, sometimes). No awkwardly maneuvering around other people's lounge chairs. Pure. Bliss.
Look, the regular rooms are probably perfectly fine. I hear they're nice. But the Villa? It's a game changer. You’re practically a god or goddess when you're in there. I spent an embarrassing amount of time just… floating. And contemplating the existential nature of fruit-flavored cocktails. Very worthwhile existential contemplation, I assure you.
Is the food any good? I'm talking real talk. Tourist traps are NOT welcome.
Okay, okay, listen up, foodies! The food at The Lantern is... *mostly* outstanding. Let's be honest, nobody wants to spend a fortune on a beautiful place and then eat cardboard. The on-site restaurant, The Spice Route (or whatever fancy name), is worth the visit. The Pad Thai? Amazing. The curries? Divine. I ate so much green curry, I swear I turned green. It was worth it. The desserts? Don't even get me started. Prepare to loosen your belt.
There was one slight hiccup. One night, I ordered a fish that, let's just say, didn't agree with me. I blame the overzealous use of chilies. And possibly my own overly enthusiastic palate. (Note: I am now allergic to the "overzealous use of chilies" theory.) But hey, even the best restaurants have off-nights. (The next day's breakfast was *amazing*; it made up for it.) Overall? Definitely a win for the taste buds.
What's there to *do* besides… you know… chill? I get bored, easily.
Okay, attention, restless souls! Yes, chilling is the main event. But! The Lantern understands. They have a spa. A glorious, heavenly spa. I got the Thai massage (because, duh). And I swear, I floated away on a cloud of aromatic oils and pure relaxation. It was so good, I almost fell asleep mid-massage, which, apparently, is a compliment?
They also have cooking classes (I'm terrible, but fun!), yoga (I tried... failed), and trips to the beach (the beach is amazing, by the way). Plus, Phuket itself is bursting with stuff. Go explore! See the Big Buddha! Visit the markets! Get a sunburn! (I did that last one). The resort is your home base, but adventure awaits!
Okay, so I'm considering it. What are the downsides? Give it to me straight, no sugarcoating!
Alright, truth time. My brutally honest assessment? Let's rip the band-aid off.
The Bugs. Yes, there are bugs. It's the tropics. Mosquitoes, ants, the occasional rogue gecko. Embrace it. Or bring industrial amounts of bug spray. (I did both.)
The Price. It's not cheap. You're paying for luxury. I’d say just save up, eat instant noodles for a month before you go. It's worth it. Really.
The Distance. Phuket is far. The flight is long. Jet lag is real. Bring snacks. And a good book (or, you know, your phone).
The Walrus Air Conditioner. Oh, and the "overzealous use of chilies" fish. See above.
Honestly? The downsides are minor. *Really*. The good stuff overwhelmingly outweighs the bad. If you're looking for a beautiful, relaxing escape with a touch of adventure (and a whole lot of delicious food), The Lantern is absolutely worth it.
Final verdict? Would you go back? Right now?
YES. Absolutely, unequivocally, YES. I'd pack my imaginary bags right now if I could. (And maybe bring a different air conditioner.) The Lantern Resort? Think of it as a little slice of heaven with a perfectly imperfect charm. The staff are wonderful, the food is amazing, and the private villas are life-changing. Just go. Go now. Tell them I sent you… (they probably won't care). But go anyway.
I'm already planning my return. Seriously. Green curry, here I come... and so is my new obsession for those private pools. Just thinking about it makes me smile big and wide. Book it. Before I book it again. Again and again. Seriously. Go. Go. Go!


Post a Comment for "Escape to Paradise: The Lantern Resort Awaits in Phuket!"