Tenerife Paradise Found: Stunning Apartments at Monasterio de San Antonio!

Apartamentos Monasterio de San Antonio Tenerife Spain

Apartamentos Monasterio de San Antonio Tenerife Spain

Tenerife Paradise Found: Stunning Apartments at Monasterio de San Antonio!

Tenerife Paradise Found? My Chaotic Tango with Monasterio de San Antonio: A Review of Epic Proportions!

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea on the Monasterio de San Antonio in Tenerife. Forget those perfectly polished travel blogs, I'm bringing you the messy, glorious truth, warts and all. This isn't just a review; it's a diary entry, a therapy session, and a love letter to strong Canary Island sunshine, all rolled into one.

Metadata & SEO (because, you know, gotta play the game):

  • Keywords: Tenerife, Monasterio de San Antonio, Apartments, Review, Accessibility, Spa, Swimming Pool, Restaurants, Wi-Fi, Family-Friendly, Luxury, Canary Islands, Best Hotels Tenerife, Wheelchair Accessible, Accessible Hotel Tenerife, Spa Hotel Tenerife
  • Meta Description (for those internet bots): A brutally honest review of the Monasterio de San Antonio in Tenerife, covering accessibility, amenities like spa and pool, food offerings, and more. Find out if this paradise is worth the price!

Accessibility: A Rollercoaster of Hope and Frustration!

Okay, let's get this out of the way first. Accessibility. This is where things got… complicated. The website boasted "facilities for disabled guests," which filled me with a naive joy. I pictured ramps, spacious rooms, a world designed for ease. Reality, unfortunately, offered a more nuanced picture. The main building, a converted monastery, is absolutely stunning. But the access? Well, let's say it’s… character-building.

  • Wheelchair Accessible: The ground floor areas were mostly manageable, with a ramped entrance to the lobby. But navigating the sprawling grounds felt like an Olympic sport. Some paths were steep, others paved with those charming – but evil! – cobblestones. Getting to the pool area required a bit of a (slightly harrowing) descent. I'd give it a solid 7/10 – requires planning and a good sense of humor!
  • Elevator: Yep, there's an elevator – thank the heavens! But it’s one of those classic European ones: small. Very small. Perfect for a couple of people… or one person in a wheelchair and a whole lot of patience.
  • Rooms: I didn't personally stay in an accessible room, but I saw one, and the layout looked good – wider doorways, accessible bathroom. However, double-check the specifics when booking. Verify everything. Twice.

Moving on - because you need a drink after that Accessibility section!

Rooms: My Private Sanctuary… mostly!

"Stunning apartments" the blurbs promised. And for the most part, they delivered. My apartment was spacious and well-appointed. The air conditioning was a LIFESAVER! (I'm a sweaty person, okay?) The balcony offered breathtaking views of, well, everything.

  • The Good:

    • Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Hallelujah! And it actually worked (mostly). This is crucial for a digital nomad like me.
    • Air Conditioning: Essential. Absolutely essential.
    • Coffee/Tea Maker: My morning ritual was intact. Thank you, Monasterio!
    • Blackout Curtains: Bliss. Pure darkness for glorious sleep.
    • Mini Bar: Okay, maybe I did splurge on the local wine. Don't judge!
    • The Bed: Comfortable!
    • Daily Housekeeping: Bless them. I am not a tidy person.
  • The Not-So-Good:

    • Internet [LAN]: Honestly, I didn't even try it. Wireless was good enough.
    • Soundproofing: Some mornings, I swear I could hear the seagulls plotting world domination.
    • Extra Long Bed: My feet still hung off the end… oh well…
    • Room Decorations & Room Decorations: Pretty generic.

Spa & Relaxation: Diving into a Pool of Bliss (and Mild Regret!)

Now, THIS is where the Monasterio truly shines. I’m a sucker for a good spa, and this one? Chef's kiss.

  • Pool with View: This is a huge highlight! The infinity pool overlooking the coastline is pure Instagram gold (and real life gold!). It’s stunning. Just pure, beautiful, 'I could stay here forever' vibes…
  • Spa/Sauna: The sauna was legit. The Steamroom melted away my tension. The spa, however?… Okay, I’m going to make a confession. I had a Body Wrap. A clay-based body wrap. The lady who did it was lovely, but… let's just say, I felt like a mummified sausage. And the smell… was… earthy. Very earthy. I’m not quite sure I’d do that again.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Food Glorious Food… and Occasional Confusion!

Okay, the food situation was, shall we say, a bit of a journey.

  • Restaurants: There are restaurants, plural. And that felt like a solid start.

    • A la carte in restaurant: They were all delicious, but that Western cuisine, specifically the Steak, stole my soul. Worth it.
    • Asian Cuisine in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant: I am not particularly well-equipped to comment…but the amount of options impressed, nonetheless.
    • Happy Hour and Poolside bar.: Very important!
    • Breakfast [buffet]: I'm a buffet devotee. And this one was a mixed bag. Some days: absolute heaven, with fresh fruit, pastries, and eggs cooked to perfection. Other days? A bit… chaotic. The queues could be long. The coffee was inconsistent. But hey, it's a buffet. If the first plate sucks, go back and GET ANOTHER.
    • Coffee/tea in restaurant: Solid.
    • Snack bar: Perfect for quick bites by the pool.
  • Room service [24-hour]: Yes! And it was surprisingly good. Perfect for those late-night hunger pangs.

Services and Conveniences: The Perks that Make a Stay Easier, or Forgettable!

  • Concierge Oh, the concierge! Invaluable. They helped me arrange a taxi, and gave me some amazing recommendations for local restaurants. Worth their weight in gold.
  • Daily housekeeping Always lovely to come back to a clean room.
  • Laundry service I was on a long trip, so this was a lifesaver.
  • Air conditioning in public area, Cash withdrawal, Elevator & Facilities for disabled guests: The basics!
  • Currency exchange, Doorman, Facilities for disabled guests, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Outdoor venue for special events, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events: The usual!

Things to Do: Beyond the Sun Lounger

  • Swimming pool [outdoor]: As noted above, this is a serious highlight. Just… glorious.
  • Fitness center, Gym/fitness: Didn't go. But it existed!

For the Kids: A Mixed Bag for the Little Rascals!

  • Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids meal: The hotel is definitely family-friendly. I saw plenty of kids enjoying themselves.
  • Kids facilities: Seemed decent enough.

Cleanliness and Safety: They Tried, They Really Did!

  • Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification, and Daily disinfection in common areas: They clearly took hygiene seriously.
  • Rooms sanitized between stays: Made me feel reassured.

Getting Around: Airport Transfer, Car Park and more:

  • Airport transfer: Available.
  • Car park [free of charge]: BONUS!

The Verdict: Paradise Found…with a Few Bumps in the Road!

Look, the Monasterio de San Antonio isn’t perfect. It has its quirks. The accessibility could be better, the breakfast buffet sometimes felt like a free-for-all, and the body wrap… well, let’s just say I'm still working through that one.

But despite the imperfections, I loved it. The location is stunning. The staff, in general, were lovely and helpful. That pool! That view! The blissful feeling of being on vacation… It was a truly memorable experience.

Would I recommend it? Absolutely. With a few caveats:

  • Accessibility: Contact the hotel directly to discuss your specific needs. Don't rely solely on the website.
  • Foodies: Explore the local restaurants, but enjoy the convenience of the restaurants at the resort itself.
  • Relaxation Seekers: Book a massage – but maybe skip the body wrap!
  • Overall: Go! Be prepared for a little chaos, embrace the sunshine, and get ready to fall in love with Tenerife. You won't regret it.

Final score: 8.5 / 10. (Minus half a point for the body wrap!)

Chelsea Hotel Toronto: Your Ultimate Canadian Getaway Awaits!

Book Now

Apartamentos Monasterio de San Antonio Tenerife Spain

Apartamentos Monasterio de San Antonio Tenerife Spain

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into my, uh, slightly chaotic trip to Apartamentos Monasterio de San Antonio in Tenerife. Get ready for a rollercoaster of sun, sangria, and maybe a few questionable decisions. Let's be real, this isn't going to be your perfectly polished travel brochure. This is the brutally honest, messy, and wonderfully unpredictable truth.

Pre-Trip Anxiety & The Great Suitcase Catastrophe

Before we even get to Tenerife, there was the pre-trip panic. You know the drill: "Did I pack enough socks? Am I forgetting something catastrophic? Will my passport magically vanish during the security check?" This time, disaster almost struck before I even zipped up the suitcase. I, in my infinite wisdom, decided to test out a new compression packing cube. Let me tell you, folks, it was less "travel hack" and more "battle against a sentient sausage casing." I was wrestling with clothes, sweat beading on my forehead, muttering under my breath about the sheer injustice of modern luggage design. Finally, with a groan and a triumphant (and slightly ripped) zipper, I won. Or so I thought.

Day 1: Arrival, Almost Impressive Views, and a Very Flustered Taxi Driver

  • Morning: Arrived at Tenerife South Airport. The sun hit me like a warm, golden… well, you get the picture. Immediately felt the holiday vibes kicking in. So did the queue at the taxi rank. Argh, the queue! But hey, I'm on holiday, so I try to stay positive.
  • Mid-day: Taxi ride to Apartamentos Monasterio de San Antonio. Ah, the hotel! The view from the balconies… stunning. Seriously, the Atlantic stretched out before me like a shimmering sapphire. I nearly choked on my jaw dropping open. Okay, maybe not nearly choked, but the views were impressive. The taxi driver, bless his heart, barely spoke English, and I butchered my Spanish trying to explain the address. We got there eventually, but the ride was a blur of frantic hand gestures and me accidentally saying "gracias" for everything.
  • Afternoon: The apartment itself was… perfectly serviceable. Functional, I’d say. Clean, with a balcony. I think I’ve found the perfect place to relax. Okay, wait a bit, let me just unpack. Oh god, the mess of the suitcase. I can’t. I’ll do that later.
  • Evening: My first meal! A glorious tapas feast at the local restaurant. I started feeling like I was really settled in the place. All the food was delicious. And the local vino? Sublime. I think I made a friend with the waiter, and he was really kind. We talked about something - don’t remember what.

Day 2: Beach Bliss (and a Near-Disaster with a Sunbed)

  • Morning: After a delicious breakfast of toast, jam, and some weird, but yummy, local juice, it was beach time! I headed to the nearest beach, got myself a sunbed, and that’s when the disaster began. I was enjoying the sun, and I was in a very relaxed state. Then, I decided to adjust the sunbed, and it just snapped. I fell on the floor making an embarrassing scene.
  • Afternoon: Thankfully, my ego survived, and I spent the afternoon swimming in the clear, blue water. The water was so warm and clear that it didn’t even matter that I’d been publicly humiliated. Afterwards I explored the little streets.
  • Evening: Went to a bar and watched the sunset. It was stunning. I could get used to this, I thought.

Day 3: Exploring the Town, the Search for a Good Coffee

  • Morning: Today, I went exploring. I walked all around the town, admiring the architecture. It’s very charming here.
  • Afternoon: Coffee. That's it! I'm obsessed with coffee. I tried so many places, but I couldn’t find a good one. It was an absolute tragedy!
  • Evening: Found a lovely restaurant that served traditional food. I wasn’t sure what I was eating, but it was delicious. And the local wine was perfect.

Day 4: Boat Trip and a Bad Case of Seasickness (My God)

  • Morning: Splurged on a boat trip to see the whales and dolphins. I’ve never done it before. The sea was calm. Life was good. Until I had a terrible case of seasickness.
  • Afternoon: I lay in the cabin, feeling awful. The rocking of the boat made my stomach turn, and I wished I was back on dry land. I was green around the gills.
  • Evening: I managed to recover enough to enjoy a simple dinner back at the hotel, but the day was a bit of a write-off. The sea was not my friend.

Day 5: Relaxation and Regret

  • Morning: A day of recovering from seasickness. I stayed at the apartment, and I read my book. I tried to relax, but I couldn’t stop thinking about my seasickness and the money I’d wasted on the boat trip.
  • Afternoon: Stumbled into the town and decided that I had to get that coffee. I found the perfect place, and the coffee was perfect.
  • Evening: Dinner at another local restaurant.

Day 6: The Quest for the Perfect Souvenir

  • Morning: Went shopping. I wanted to find the perfect souvenir.
  • Afternoon: I found a store that was selling the most beautiful handmade jewelry. I bought a necklace for myself, and I fell in love with it.
  • Evening: Went to see some live music. It was a perfect day.

Day 7: Departure and Goodbye (Or "See You Later, Tenerife, You Glorious Chaos!")

  • Morning: Packing. The dreaded packing. The compression cubes managed to escape their first nemesis. But thankfully, one last attempt, and I had them zipped up. Checked out of the apartment, said goodbye to the gorgeous view, and promised myself I'd be back one day.
  • Afternoon: Taxi to the airport (this time, I had learned a few basic Spanish phrases!).
  • Evening: Flight home. Exhausted but happy, and already dreaming of the next adventure.

Post-Trip Reflections (and a Few Final Thoughts)

So, Tenerife, you beautiful, chaotic, sun-drenched paradise. You gave me stunning views, delicious food, questionable coffee, and a near-death experience at sea. You humbled me, made me laugh, and left me wanting more.

Would I recommend Apartamentos Monasterio de San Antonio? Absolutely. It’s not a posh, sterile hotel, it’s a place where you can feel a bit like a local, where the staff are friendly, and the views will genuinely make you gasp.

Would I go back? Without a doubt. Maybe I'll even learn enough Spanish to order a coffee without causing a scene. And next time, I'm bringing a seasickness remedy AND a better suitcase.

Cheers to the messy, imperfect, and utterly unforgettable adventures. Here's to the next one!

Eden Prairie Escape: Fairfield Inn & Suites Awaits!

Book Now

Apartamentos Monasterio de San Antonio Tenerife Spain

Apartamentos Monasterio de San Antonio Tenerife Spain```html

Tenerife Paradise Found: Monasterio de San Antonio - Let's Get Real (and Maybe a Little Messy)

Is this place REALLY as good as the pictures? Because, let's be honest, sometimes those photos lie, right?

Okay, here's the deal. YES. And also, NO. Like, the pictures are stunning – the infinity pool overlooking the ocean, the modern apartments, the lush gardens… But here's the thing nobody tells you: the *feeling* you get when you're actually *there*? That's what the photos miss.

The photos are a promise. The reality? It's like that promise PLUS the smell of salt air, the squawk of a seagull (sometimes annoying, but hey, it's part of the experience!), and the absolute *bliss* of just… *being* there. I remember the first time I walked into my apartment, I did that little involuntary gasp thing. It *was* gorgeous, but more than that, it felt… right. Like finally exhaling after a long, stressful flight. It was gorgeous. (Just don’t expect the pictures to capture the slightly grumpy barista who makes *amazing* coffee downstairs. He just *is*.)

Okay, spill the beans. What's the biggest downside? No place is perfect, right?

Alright, alright, fine. I’ll be real. The biggest downside? You will never want to leave. Seriously. I went there thinking, "Oh, I'll explore Tenerife!" I packed hiking boots, a phrasebook, the whole shebang. Ended up spending half my trip just… lounging by that damn pool. And when I *did* venture out? I was constantly thinking, "I should be back at the apartment enjoying that view!" It's a serious problem.

And here's another: the internet. It's decent, but not always super fast. If you're a digital nomad who *needs* a lightning-fast connection, maybe bring a backup hotspot. I spent one afternoon battling a particularly stubborn upload of a vacation pic and nearly lost my mind (and the pic!). The sheer *inconvenience*! But hey, it forced me to look up, and that view… Yeah, still worth it.

What's the deal with the location? Easy to get around? Do I need a car?

The location is *mostly* awesome. You're close to some lovely restaurants and a short drive from the coast. The views, as I mentioned, are *insane.* But... it's not exactly in the heart of the action. You could walk to the nearest supermarket, but it's uphill, and after a day of sunbathing, it can feel like climbing Everest.

Real talk: a car is recommended if you want to explore properly. Public transport exists, but… Let's just say I witnessed a bus driver have a full-blown argument with a gaggle of pensioners about the correct change. That was *entertaining*, but also made me think, "Yeah, maybe a car..." If you're happy staying put, just taking the pool and the local restaurants, no, you don't NEED a car. But trust me, the island has to offer. Rent one.

The apartments – modern or… what? Are they actually comfortable?

Modern. Definitely modern. Think sleek lines, big windows, and… okay, yes, the occasional design choice that leaves you scratching your head. Like, what's with the tiny bathroom in apartment XYZ? But overall, yes! They’re comfortable.

The beds are seriously comfy (this is *vital* for me. I’m a princess when it comes to sleep). The kitchens are well-equipped, although I burned a pan trying to make toast, so maybe take that with a grain of salt. The balconies? Heaven. *Pure* heaven. I spent hours just staring out at the ocean, sipping wine, and generally feeling like a person of leisure. And that's the true definition of comfort. *That* feeling. The feeling of escaping the day-to-day is priceless.

Tell me about the pool! Is it as amazing as it looks? Because, come on, pools are a big deal.

THE POOL. Let's just say I was prepared, in all honesty, for the *pool* to be a letdown. You know how some pictures just… lie? Nope. The infinity pool is even MORE stunning in reality. The water is the perfect temperature. The views... I've already raved about them, haven't I? Well, they are still incredible.

But here's a secret: the best part *wasn't* the pool itself, it was the moment. I remember one morning, I woke up early, dragged myself out of bed, and walked to the pool. No one was there. Just me, the turquoise water, and the dawn breaking over the ocean. I sat there, just breathing, and it was… perfect. Like, actually. I nearly cried. And I'm not a crier, people! That’s the power of a good pool, kids! It has the power to make hardened, travel-weary people feel emotional.

What about the staff? Are they helpful? Rude? Do they speak English?

The staff? Mostly awesome! They're friendly, helpful, and speak English… although sometimes with a *very* charming accent that can lead to some hilarious misunderstandings. "Do you need help with your… *fudge*?" Nope, I needed help with my *luggage*, but I like the way that sounds.

I had a small issue with my air conditioning (because, let's face it, even paradise has its glitches) and they sorted it out immediately. There was a slight communication barrier, but they were patient and genuinely wanted to help. And that, my friends, is what matters. Though maybe I should brush up on my Spanish… next time!

Is it kid-friendly? I'm thinking of bringing the little monsters… er, I mean, my children.

Hmm. Kid-friendly… It *could* be. There's a shallow end in the pool, and the gardens are lovely for running around (although the views are a strong temptation to run to the edge, so watch out!). But it’s not a dedicated family resort. You'll be there, the other guests are there to relax. In all honesty, consider this: If your little angels are quiet and well-behaved, then fab! But if they are known for climbing on things and screaming, well, maybe pick somewhere else. (Or at least pack earplugs for everyone around you. Just a thought!)

The surrounding area has a few kid-friendly restaurants, so there is that. But I don't have kids so I can't say *too* much.

``` Book a Stay

Apartamentos Monasterio de San Antonio Tenerife Spain

Apartamentos Monasterio de San Antonio Tenerife Spain

Apartamentos Monasterio de San Antonio Tenerife Spain

Apartamentos Monasterio de San Antonio Tenerife Spain

Post a Comment for "Tenerife Paradise Found: Stunning Apartments at Monasterio de San Antonio!"