
Krabi Paradise Found: OYO 1046 Noppharat Resort Awaits!
Krabi Paradise Found? OYO 1046 Noppharat Resort: A Hot Mess Express of Sun, Sand, and… Stuff. (My Brutally Honest Review)
Alright, buckle up buttercups. We're diving headfirst into the turquoise (hopefully!) waters of Krabi Paradise Found: OYO 1046 Noppharat Resort. Because, let's be real, "Paradise Found" is a bold claim. Did I personally find paradise? Well, let's just say my suitcase is still trying to recover.
(SEO Time: Krabi Resorts, Noppharat Thara Beach Hotels, Accessible Hotels Krabi, Family-Friendly Krabi, OYO Hotels Krabi, Krabi Spa Resorts, Best Krabi Hotels, Krabi Hotel Reviews)
Right, let's crack this egg. First impressions? The resort… exists. It's not a mirage. It’s a collection of buildings nestled… somewhere. Getting there required a taxi that seemed to be powered by wishes and a prayer (more on that later in Getting Around).
Accessibility: Okay, let's be honest. I’m not in a wheelchair, so complete accessibility insights are beyond my skillset. But I poked around. The website claims to have "Facilities for disabled guests." This is where I'd really love some first-hand accounts from fellow travelers. There's a general elevator, so that's something. I saw some ramps, but navigating them might be a bit… challenging. The layout felt a bit like a maze. Definitely worth checking directly with the resort if accessibility is a must-have.
Internet. Oh, the Internet, the Internet…
Internet Access: "Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!" Yeah, well, that's the good news.
Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Yeah. It's there. Sometimes. Sometimes, it felt like the Wi-Fi was powered by the same wishes and prayers as the taxi. It cut out more often than my ex’s phone calls.
Internet [LAN]: They also had Ethernet in the rooms. Who uses Ethernet anymore? Apparently, I don’t, because I’m reviewing this online right now.
Internet services… Yeah, you could go online. When the planets aligned.
Wi-Fi in public areas: Better, usually. But again, spotty. Look, I’m typing this review, so eventually the internet worked. But be warned – don't rely on it for anything critical. Unless you’re into that whole "meditation on the nature of digital connectivity" thing. Then, you're golden.
Things to Do, Ways to Relax, And My Near-Death Experience By Masseuse.
Ways to relax: Okay, now we're talking. This is really what I had come for. Or so I thought.
Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]: This. They really piled on the options. And honestly – most of them are decent, but… I'll get to it.
The Pool: The outdoor pool looks stunning. Pictures don't lie. It's what got me to book in the first place. I'm talking crystal blue (again, hopefully). And the view? Spectacular. You can gaze upon the sea and lose yourself in the waves… until the sun hits you so hard you have to find shade, which is where the poolside bar comes in. More on that later. Poolside Bar: More often than the wifi, I found myself at the Poolside Bar. Cocktails that will probably be illegal in a few years. No worries.
The Spa: The spa had all the bells and whistles. It smelled delightfully of lemongrass. I opted for a massage because I was desperate to relax. The masseuse… bless her heart… she took her job very seriously. Like, bordering-on-aggressive seriously. I emerged feeling… both incredibly relaxed and like I'd gone a round with Mike Tyson. I swear, I almost passed out from the vigor. They probably need to tone that down a bit.
Fitness Center: If you're into torturing your body before the massage, the gym is well-equipped. I popped in for a few minutes. It looks clean; they have professional-grade sanitizing services. Bonus points for that. I can't really review it because I'm not a gym person.
Sauna/Steamroom: Spa/Sauna Yeah, those are there, too. I'm a wuss. I stuck to the pool.
Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Safe-ish
(Remember: This was my experience. Your mileage may vary, especially given how quickly things can change.)
Anti-viral cleaning products: Yay! The staff seemed to be using them. I didn't see them actively spraying, but I did see someone with cleaning spray.
Breakfast in room: Possible, but I didn't order.
Breakfast takeaway service: Also available, haven't tried.
Cashless payment service: Yep. Convenient.
Daily disinfection in common areas: Saw evidence of this. Good to see.
Doctor/nurse on call: Good to know, especially after my massage!
First aid kit: They had one. I didn't need it (thankfully).
Hand sanitizer: Everywhere. All the time.
Hot water linen and laundry washing: Assuredly. I felt clean in my bed.
Hygiene certification: I'm assuming.
Individually-wrapped food options: I saw some.
Physical distancing of at least 1 meter: Mostly observed. In the pool, it's a bit harder.
Professional-grade sanitizing services: See above.
Room sanitization opt-out available: I didn't opt out; and I wouldn’t have noticed.
Rooms sanitized between stays: I imagine so.
Safe dining setup: Felt pretty safe.
Sanitized kitchen and tableware items: Hopefully.
Shared stationery removed: Yep.
Staff trained in safety protocol: They mostly seemed like they were.
Sterilizing equipment: Probably.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: The Food Coma Cometh
Okay, let's talk food. This is my zone.
A la carte in restaurant: Available.
Alternative meal arrangement: Yep, I guess.
Asian breakfast: Delicious. Specifically, the noodles.
Asian cuisine in restaurant: The same noodles.
Bar: See above. Poolside bar is key.
Bottle of water: Complimentary. Hydrate or die, people!
Breakfast [buffet]: The breakfast buffet was… fine. Standard fare. Again, the noodles were fantastic.
Breakfast service: Efficient.
Buffet in restaurant: Yep.
Coffee/tea in restaurant: Standard. Get the coffee.
Coffee shop: Didn’t see one.
Desserts in restaurant: The desserts were mostly good.
Happy hour: Yessssssss. The only reason I didn't give this resort a 5-star rating, I had to sit at the bar and find Happy hour.
International cuisine in restaurant: Standard fare.
Poolside bar: (Yes, again. It's important).
Restaurants: Various. The main restaurant served… food.
Room service [24-hour]: Didn’t try.
Salad in restaurant: Meh.
Snack bar: Didn’t see one.
Soup in restaurant: Yep.
Vegetarian restaurant: I think they had some options.
Western breakfast: Standard.
Western cuisine in restaurant: Available. My tummy was happy.
Services and Conveniences: The Good, The Okay, and The "Oh Dear"
Air conditioning in public area: Yay.
Audio-visual equipment for special events: Probably. I didn't see any special events.
Business facilities: Yep.
Cash withdrawal: Yep.
Concierge: Available, but sometimes unavailable. Getting a taxi was a gamble.
Contactless check-in/out: Mostly.
Convenience store: Nope.
Currency exchange: There's some.
Daily housekeeping: Yes. My room was sparkly clean every day… until I got back.
Doorman: Someone at the front, sometimes.
Dry cleaning: I am not sure.
Elevator: Yep.
Essential condiments: I think so.
Facilities for disabled guests: See above.
Food delivery: Probably.
Gift/souvenir shop: Nope.
Indoor venue for special events: Probably.
Sicamous Getaway: Unbelievable Deals at Super 8!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's perfectly-planned itinerary. This is my Krabi adventure, and let me tell you, it's already shaping up to be a glorious, messy masterpiece. And we're kicking things off at the OYO 1046 Noppharat Resort.
The Krabi Catastrophe – A Work in (Very Slow) Progress
Day 1: Arrival and… Mild Panic?
- Morning (or what felt like it after that red-eye): Landed in Krabi. The humidity hit me like a warm, damp hug. Or maybe that was just me sweating from the pre-trip anxieties. Finding an actual taxi was a whole other saga. Picture this: me, squinting at a jumble of Thai script under the blazing sun, clutching my backpack like it was a life raft. Finally haggled a ride with a sweet-faced woman who claimed she knew where the Noppharat Resort was. ("Close enough" should be the unofficial motto of navigating Krabi).
- Afternoon: OYO 1046 Noppharat Resort Check-In and Room Debrief: The resort itself? Cute enough. Got the "garden view" room. Let's just say the "garden" was more like a collection of random foliage, but hey, at least there were trees. The room, however, was a tale of two halves. Half functional; half… well, "rustic." The AC sounded like a jet engine, but I wasn't complaining. The bed seemed to have a slight incline to it, but that was just the spirit of adventure, right? Shower had a bit of a leak, but the water was at least marginally warmer than the outside air.
- Late Afternoon/Early Evening: A Wander About… and Hunger Pangs (The Real Disaster): Okay, time to find food. This is where things get interesting, (aka bad). Stumbled into a local eatery. Looked promising. That is, until I noticed the… interesting use of cilantro. I consider myself a relatively adventurous eater. I'm not sure in which circumstances I'd consider 'cilantro as a garnish' as an adventure. The Pad Thai was tasty. I guess I consider myself adventurous enough!
Day 2: Beach Bliss (and Existential Dread?)
- Morning: Sunrise (Attempted) and Railay Beach Fever: Woke up (thanks, jet engine AC!) determined to see the sunrise. Spoiler alert: clouds. But the view was still beautiful -- the beach isn't a bad morning view.
- Now, Railay Beach! This is where the "wow" factor really kicked in. Picture this: towering limestone cliffs, emerald water, powdery sand… It’s ridiculous. The boat ride there was a sweaty, slightly terrifying, but ultimately exhilarating ride. I nearly fell over trying to jump out of the boat, and I somehow managed to drop my sunglasses in the sand.
- Getting Lost in the Beauty: spent the day swimming and people-watching. There were so many happy, tanned people. I felt like a big blob of white. I was the only one in my little corner of beach, so I took the opportunity to do some thinking.
- Is this it? Like, am I living the dream? Or am I just another tourist with a sunburn and a half-eaten mango? Sometimes, I truly felt like a movie star, other times I was just me. It was exhausting.
- Afternoon: Climbing (or Attempting to Climb) a Tiny Rock:. Decided to try rock climbing. The guide, bless his patient soul, tried to explain the difference between a "hold" and a "ledge." It was hot and I was wearing the wrong kind of shoes. I made it up ONE METRE and decided to give up.
- Evening: Sunset… and Regret: This time, I managed to catch the sunset. It was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. The sky exploded with color, the water glittered, and I almost cried. Then, I went to dinner and ate too much curry. Afterwards, I was too full. I regret everything. All I wanted was sleep.
Day 3: Island Hopping and… Boat Breakdown?
- Morning: The Phi Phi Island Disaster: Booked a tour of the Phi Phi Islands. Seemed like a good idea at the time. The boat was already crammed with people. The choppy waves turned my stomach. It was a bad start.
- The Breakdown… Literally: Not even an hour into the trip, the boat started sputtering. We. Were. Stranded. (Okay, not actually stranded, but close enough). While the crew were working on the engine, the captain asked "You like swim?" as he dangled his hand off the boat. I, for one, was not inclined to get eaten by a shark. It took forever for them to fix, so what did I do? Well, there was a brief period of mild panic, followed by a bout of boredom. And then: sheer, unadulterated, awe. The ocean was a dazzling mix of blues and greens, and the towering limestone cliffs were breathtaking. The whole experience reminded me of how small I was, but also, how lucky I was to get to experience it all.
- Afternoon: Snorkeling (and Swallowing Sea Water): Eventually, the boat made it to the first snorkeling spot. The water was, indeed, crystal clear. I bravely put on my snorkel. Before I knew it, I was swallowing half the ocean. I surfaced, desperately gasping for air, looking like a drowned walrus. In that moment, I realised the only thing scarier than the deep sea was me.
- Evening: Back to Noppharat… Exhausted: Back at the resort, I collapsed on the slightly-inclined bed. I'm pretty sure the sun has completely fried my brain. Ordered a cold beer from the mini-fridge (thank God for mini-fridges). Ate an apple. Tomorrow, I will try to be more relaxed, less dramatic, and less prone to existential crises.
Day 4: The Search for Tranquility (and a Good Massage)
Morning: A Spa Fail : Determined to achieve peak relaxation, I booked a massage. The masseuse? Lovely woman. The massage? Less lovely. I think she might have been using her elbows. It was less "blissful" and more "brutal." I walked out with a grimace.
Afternoon: Beach Time… Again? Yes. Back to the beach, I had a proper lie in. No dramatic adventures, no near-death experiences, just sand, sun, and the sound of waves. Bliss.
Evening: Dinner… Slightly Less Cilantro: Found a new restaurant! It was all about the food! The cocktails were amazing. I even tried the local beer.
Final Thoughts (and Emotional Breakdown): The trip hasn’t been perfect. I’ve gotten lost, sunburned, and nearly lost my mind more than once. But in the end, I would say it was good!
- Krabi is a sensory explosion. It’s beautiful, but it's also chaotic. And maybe that’s why I loved it.
I'm going home with a tan and a suitcase full of amazing memories (and maybe a slight case of PTSD from the massage). I’ll be sure to book tickets to come back.
If the hotel is still up, I might just go back to the OYO 1046 Noppharat Resort.
Now, where's that mini-fridge? I need a celebratory beer.

Krabi Paradise Found: OYO 1046 Noppharat Resort - The Good, The Bad, and the Slightly Greasy
So, is this place *really* paradise? Because the internet’s a liar, right?
Okay, let's be honest. "Paradise" might be overselling it *slightly*. Look, it's Krabi. It's Thailand. The beaches are stunning, the sunsets are Instagram-worthy (even if you botch the filters like I do). Did *I*, personally, feel like I discovered the lost city of Atlantis? No. Did I feel like I’d stumbled onto a good, solid place to chill for a few days? Absolutely. The OYO name kinda sets the expectation. You know you're not getting the Ritz, you know? You're getting…well, you're getting the OYO experience. Which, in this case, was mostly a good thing.
I mean, the first thing you see isn't some pristine pool shimmering in the tropical sun, it's...well, it's the reception area. Which, to be fair, was actually pretty clean and the staff were generally very friendly, albeit with a tendency to speak *very* quickly in a language I barely understood. I survived, though! And that, my friends, is what counts.
The rooms... what are they *actually* like? I’m picturing roaches and dampness. Please tell me I’m wrong.
Alright, deep breaths. Roaches? Thankfully, no. Dampness? Yes, a little. It's Thailand, people! Everything is a little damp! Think of the air conditioning as your new best friend because, trust me, you’ll need it.
The rooms themselves? They're… functional. Don't expect luxury. The bed was comfortable enough. The air con worked. The bathroom was… well, the shower head had seen better days, let's just say that. But, and this is a big but, it was clean. And the most important thing? It was quiet at night. After a day of exploring, all I wanted was peace, and I got it.
One thing, though. The walls are thin. *Very* thin. You can hear everything. And I mean, everything. Including the guy next door snoring like a particularly aggressive chainsaw. (Seriously, it was impressive.) Pack earplugs. Seriously. You’ll thank me later.
Food! Tell me about the food! Is there a restaurant on-site? Should I be stocking up on pot noodles immediately?
Okay, food is important! The resort *did* have a small restaurant. I tried it once for breakfast. Let's just say, I'm not entirely sure what I ate. Something involving eggs, toast and a very questionable sausage. Look, it filled a hole, alright? I wasn't expecting Michelin star quality and, thankfully, didn't get it.
However, the *real* food situation is amazing. Street food is everywhere outside the resort. Amazing Pad Thai! Fresh fruit! Everything is cheap and delicious. The best thing? You can walk right out the front door and be in food heaven in about two minutes. Forget the pot noodles. Embrace the chaos, the spices, and the sheer joy of cheap, delicious Thai food.
Pro-tip: Learn a few basic Thai phrases. It really helps with the "I want this! ... maybe?" ordering process.
What’s the deal with the location? Is it close to the beach? Is it easy to get around?
Okay, location is a HUGE win. Honestly, for the price, it was brilliant. It's literally minutes from Nopparat Thara Beach. And it’s not just *a* beach, it's a good beach! Long, sandy, and the sunsets are unbelievable.
Getting around? Easy peasy. You can rent a scooter right outside the resort. *Do* make sure you have the proper license, though. I learned that the hard way. (Just kidding…mostly. I got VERY lucky.) Otherwise, Taxis and Tuk-Tuks are readily available. Everything is pretty accessible, so exploring the area is a breeze.
What about the pool? Because, you know, *pool time* is basically essential on vacation.
Oh, the pool. Let's just say it's not the shimmering infinity edge of Instagram dreams. It's… decent. It was certainly clean and the water was, y'know, wet. It was crowded at times, especially with families. But at least, it provided a decent place to cool off and relax.
I had a moment in the pool. I was enjoying a swim, and this kid, maybe 6 years old, comes crashing in at full speed. He starts spluttering and doing the doggy paddle, clearly overwhelmed. (My own children are grown up, so my parenting skills are currently on "rusty" setting.) So, I did the only thing I could think of. I started doing some ridiculously exaggerated breaststroke, singing a terrible song. (Something about a frog and a duck and a very unfortunate misunderstanding.) The kid started laughing, and eventually, so did I. Moral of the story? The pool might not be perfect, but moments like that make it worth it. And, it's better than being stuck in my flat, looking at the rain...
Anything to really be aware of before booking? Like, the *hidden* downsides? The things the reviews gloss over?
Okay, here's the real talk. Remember the noisy walls? Bring earplugs. Seriously. Also, the resort is a little… basic. Don’t expect fancy amenities or a super modern vibe.
The Wi-Fi was spotty. Prepare to occasionally be disconnected from the world. Embrace it! (Or, you know, buy a SIM card... that's probably smarter.) And… well, there was one thing. The first morning, I woke up to find a small, but definitely aggressive, gecko taking up residence on my ceiling. It was… startling. I'm not great with lizards. After a moment of pure, unadulterated panic, I realized he was probably just as scared of me as I was of him, and he eventually moved to a less conspicuous part of the room. Still, be prepared for nature to, well, exist. Thailand, am I right?
So, would you go back?
Honestly? Yeah, I probably would. For the price, the location, and the sheer, unpretentious (and slightly chaotic) vibe, it's a good base for exploring Krabi. It's not perfect, but it has charm. It's got a certain... *je ne sais quoi* of a budget-friendly adventure. Will it blow your mind? Maybe not. Will it provide a decent, affordable place to crash, explore and eat incredible food? Absolutely. If I'm honest, the lizard incident *almost* put me off, but even that’s now part of the memory. And hey, I lived to tell the tale. And really, what more could you ask for?


Post a Comment for "Krabi Paradise Found: OYO 1046 Noppharat Resort Awaits!"