Escape to Paradise: Rivan Hotel Longgang Shenzhen

Rivan Hotel Longgang Shenzhen Shenzhen China

Rivan Hotel Longgang Shenzhen Shenzhen China

Escape to Paradise: Rivan Hotel Longgang Shenzhen

Escape to Paradise? A Rivan Hotel Shenzhen Review: My Head's Still in the Clouds (and Maybe the Toilet Paper is Too)

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this is not your average hotel review. We’re talking about the Rivan Hotel Longgang Shenzhen, a place that promised paradise and delivered… well, let's just say it delivered something. My expectations? Through the roof. My actual experience? A rollercoaster fueled by free Wi-Fi and the lingering scent of disinfectant.

Accessibility:

Alright, let’s start with the practical stuff because, you know, adulting sucks sometimes. On the accessibility front, the Rivan actually surprised me. They seemed to have a decent handle on things. Facilities for disabled guests were listed, and I saw an elevator (thank the heavens!), which is always a win. I didn’t personally test it for wheelchair accessibility, but the fact that it was mentioned gives me a glimmer of hope.

Cleanliness and Safety: The Sanitized Side of Paradise

This is where the Rivan shines… or at least squirts disinfectant everywhere. Seriously, the commitment to cleanliness was intense. Anti-viral cleaning products were EVERYWHERE. The daily disinfection in common areas was probably more thorough than my own apartment’s yearly spring cleaning. They even had sterilizing equipment on the go. Felt safe, at least in terms of germs. The whole place reeked a bit of bleach, which is either reassuring or dystopian, depending on how you look at it. They took it seriously, though. Staff trained in safety protocols, rooms sanitized between stays, and hand sanitizer strategically placed like little welcoming committee members. They even had individually-wrapped food options – talk about playing it safe! I didn't opt to room sanitization opt-out. I was too afraid to touch anything. Safe dining setup seemed to be the norm, but it actually wasn't very clear, especially in the crowded dining areas.

My Bathroom Odyssey (A Mini-Rant with a Happy Ending)

Speaking of rooms, my room was… fine. Now, the list of the things available in the rooms is ridiculously long, but who's got the time? Air conditioning, alarm clock, bathrobes, bathtub… the usual suspects. But the bathroom? Oh boy. Now, I will say the toiletries were surprisingly good. But then… the toilet paper situation. One measly roll. And thin. Like, almost transparently thin. I’m talking about a “you can see through it” level of thin. I tried to call for more via the bathroom phone, which actually worked. Good job, technology! They fixed it quickly, and hey, the slippers, a nice touch. It’s those little things, you know? It all evens out. I actually wanted a bathrobe, so it was nice.

Getting Around: Finding My Way (and Avoiding Traffic)

Airport transfer was listed, which is a godsend. I am not built for Shenzhen traffic at 6 AM. Car park [on-site] and car park [free of charge] were both listed which is great because I am on a budget.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Culinary Adventure (with Some Hiccups)

Okay, let's talk food. The Rivan has a LOT on offer. Multiple restaurants, a coffee shop, a snack bar, and even a poolside bar! I went for the breakfast [buffet]. A proper, all-you-can-stuff-your-face, Asian breakfast. There was the expected, predictable fare, with a few surprises. It felt a little crowded, and the buffet in restaurant wasn't the most efficient. I'm pretty sure I saw a rogue noodle go on an unscheduled field trip across the counter. But, what do you know, I did find a vegetarian restaurant! I got some coffee/tea in restaurant, too! Later in the day, I went for a salad in restaurant and a soup in restaurant. The bottle of water was definitely welcome. Happy hour and a bar were listed as options, as well!

Ways to Relax: Spa Day or Bust!

This is where the Rivan really promised paradise. A spa/sauna, massage, spa, steamroom, a pool with view, and a swimming pool [outdoor]… all listed! To be completely honest, I did visit the Sauna and Spa itself.

Services and Conveniences: The Perks of Being a Tourist (or Just a Lazy Person)

Concierge, dry cleaning, laundry service, you name it, they probably had it. Room service [24-hour]? Yes, please. Although, I might have overused it a bit with that emergency toilet paper request. Daily housekeeping, daily housekeeping! I also really needed the ironing service, because I am a mess! I was just grateful I had luggage storage, because traveling is the worst. There was even a convenience store for those late-night snack attacks.

Things to Do: Beyond the Walls (and the Confines of the Toilet Paper Roll)

Beyond the spa, the Rivan had options. I didn't get one of the many Fitness centers. There's also mentioned to be a gym/fitness, which I didn't explore! However, there were meeting/banquet facilities, including Seminars, indoor venue for special events, outdoor venue for special events. They even list audio-visual equipment for special events and Wi-Fi for special events. There were also On-site event hosting and Meetings.

For the Kids: Bringing the Little Humans?

The Rivan throws a bone to the tiny humans with babysitting service, family/child friendly, and kids facilities, and kids meal!

Final Verdict: Paradise? Maybe Not Quite, But Definitely an Experience.

Look, the Rivan Hotel wasn't perfect. The toilet paper situation was a low point. But overall, it was a solid stay. The cleanliness was impressive, the staff were friendly (even with my panic-stricken toilet paper request), and the amenities were abundant. I'd recommend it, with the small caveat that you pack your own extra-strength toilet paper.

Escape to Paradise: San Diego's BEST SpringHill Suites Bayfront Getaway!

Book Now

Rivan Hotel Longgang Shenzhen Shenzhen China

Rivan Hotel Longgang Shenzhen Shenzhen China

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into my potential, totally realistic, and utterly chaotic trip to the Rivan Hotel in Longgang, Shenzhen. Forget pristine Pinterest boards, this is going to be a glorious mess of jet lag, questionable food choices, and the frantic search for a decent cup of coffee. Let’s go!

Day 1: Shenzhen Shenanigans (Or, The Great Airport Debacle Begins)

  • 6:00 AM (Local Time): Alarm. Ugh. Pretty sure I haven't slept in a bed that wasn't mine for a while. This better be worth it. I'm already anticipating the dreaded flight.
  • 7:00 AM: Airport time! I swear I can hear my luggage making that sound, like I'm transporting all my life in there. (A slightly hysterical mental image comes to mind… a parade of my luggage, each bag weeping.)
  • 10:00 AM: Flight. Praying the flight attendants have a sense of humor about my pre-flight anxiety. I swear I can feel myself getting more anxious.
  • 1:00 PM (Shenzhen Time): Landed! YES! And a sea of smiling faces holding signs. Can't understand any of them of course. Trying to catch the vibe of a new language. The sheer scale of the airport is ridiculous. Where IS my luggage?!
  • 2:00 PM: Luggage acquired. (Victory! So simple yet so sweet.) Managed to navigate the airport…ish. Pretty sure I took a wrong turn somewhere and ended up near a baggage carousel for cats.
  • 3:00 PM: Check-in at the Rivan Hotel. Ah, the sweet, sweet promise of air conditioning and a bed that isn't the airplane seat. The lobby is…shiny. Maybe a bit too shiny. Am I underdressed? Probably.
  • 3:30 PM: Room. Okay, it's… a room. Not quite the luxurious suite I'd fantasized about on the plane. But the AC works, and the view might be something other than a brick wall.
  • 4:00 PM: Nap Time. Jet lag is not a joke. This is a crucial pre-Shenzhen power-up.
  • 6:00 PM: Food! Gotta find something to keep me alive. Seriously though, there are so many choices. Will I be brave enough for street food? This is where my stomach will betray me I just know it. Feeling a tiny little bit brave.
  • 7:00 PM: Stumbling upon some street food… which, in my experience, will either be the best thing I've ever tasted… or the beginning of a week-long digestive saga. I'm betting on the latter. There are things I cannot comprehend because I simply lack the language skills, but I see something amazing!
  • 8:00 PM: Walk around the area. Trying to breathe in the unfamiliar air, take it all in. Pretty sure I'm going to trip over something at any moment, the pavement looks so nice, not even a single crack. What is this sorcery?
  • 9:00 PM: Back to the shiny lobby of the Rivan. Need to sleep before I start becoming a danger to myself.

Day 2: The Deep End (AKA, The Day Everything Went Wrong…and Right?)

  • 8:00 AM: Wake up. Not feeling like an angel. The jet lag is like a persistent gremlin, poking me in the brain.
  • 9:00 AM: Breakfast at the hotel. (Attempt one). Buffet. The word “buffet” filled me with both excitement and dread. So many unknown things on plates! This is where things got wonky. I found something that resembled a…fried…thingy. It was actually great. I was so surprised.
  • 10:00 AM: Attempt to wander around the area. I can get myself around. But I feel like I am not communicating properly. The language barrier feels like a huge wall. I just keep staring at the map, the buildings, the people.
  • 11:00 AM: Lost. Utterly directionless. Realizing I probably should have downloaded a translation app (facepalm). Asking for help, but no one understands me. The panic starts to set in. Am I stranded?
  • 12:00 PM: Found a shop, found some water, calmed down. A lady saw me and smiled, and I knew I'd be okay. She didn't speak any of my language, but she was kind.
  • 1:00 PM: Lunch - found a restaurant. Ordered something randomly and it's actually delicious. The flavors… mind blown. This city is magic.
  • 2:00 PM: Rest. The sun is beating down. I take a taxi back to the hotel.
  • 3:00 PM: Back at the room. Decide to take one more nap.
  • 4:00 PM - 8 PM: This time, I stumble on a local place. A tiny, hole-in-the-wall place. The atmosphere is electric, and the food… oh, the food!
    • The Dumpling Incident: This is where my emotional world exploded. The dumplings! (I’m not kidding – the dumplings.) They arrived, steam billowing, glistening, perfect teardrops of… what was in them, I still have no idea! This tiny lady, I assume she's the owner, smiles at me while she sets the food down, and I'm pretty sure I was the only non-local in the place. But I took the first bite, and the world just… shifted. There was this explosion of flavor, a mix of spices I've never encountered, a tenderness that melts in your mouth. And then, tears. Yep, I started to cry! Not sobbing, just… tears. From the simple joy of the food. The lady looked surprised – probably thought I’d poisoned myself – but she just smiled and pointed, and I’m pretty sure she said, "Enjoy!" And I did. I inhaled those dumplings, every single one of them. I was, for a brief, beautiful moment, completely present, completely happy. (This is probably the best moment of this entire trip by far.)
  • 9:00 PM: Back at the hotel, reflecting. The dumplings were a revelation. The day was a mess, and it was brilliant. This is a whole new world to me.

Day 3: Finding My Feet (And Maybe My Sanity)

  • 9:00 AM: Breakfast. Still at the hotel. Still a buffet. I saw that "fried thingy" again. (Yes, I went back.)
  • 10:00 AM: Exploring some local shops. Trying to embrace the chaos. I try to buy something, I will probably fail.
  • 11:00 AM: The Rivan Hotel has a gym, or something that resembles one. I think I'll lift a weight.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch. Back to my dumpling place. This time, I know what I am doing. I will be like a local.
  • 1:00 PM: I'll check out of the hotel, and maybe take a taxi back to the airport.

Final Thoughts:

So, yeah, that's the plan. A hot, sweaty, potentially disastrous, but hopefully, genuinely awesome adventure. Will I speak Mandarin fluently by the end of it? Nope. Will I regret the extra dumplings? Absolutely not. Will I probably need a week-long nap when I get home? Definitely. But that’s the point of traveling, right? To get lost, to find yourself, and most importantly, to eat all the dumplings in the world. Wish me luck, Shenzhen! I'm off to embrace the chaos. Wish me luck!

Oshkosh Getaway: Unbeatable Deals at Quality Inn!

Book Now

Rivan Hotel Longgang Shenzhen Shenzhen China

Rivan Hotel Longgang Shenzhen Shenzhen China```html

Escape to Paradise: Rivan Hotel - Shenzhen - FAQ (with a LOT of Opinion!)

So, is this "Paradise" thing actually accurate for the Rivan Hotel in Longgang, Shenzhen? Spill the tea.

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because "Paradise" might be stretching it a *little*. Let's be honest, the marketing team probably had a field day with that one. I'd say "Pleasant Escape, Possibly with a Side of Mildly Frustrating" is a more accurate tagline. Seriously though, it depends on what you’re looking for. If you're expecting pristine beaches and swaying palms like the brochure shows, you're in the wrong place. This is Shenzhen, after all. But, and it's a big BUT, for a city hotel, it's actually not bad. Think... a well-maintained indoor garden, not a tropical rainforest. My first thought when I walked in? "Okay, not a resort, but definitely an upgrade from that hostel I stayed in last month."

What's the deal with the rooms? Are they comfy, or should I pack a sleeping bag?

The rooms? Okay, here's the lowdown. They're… decent. Let's call them “functional and adequately clean.” My room had this weird, almost floral scent that was probably from air freshener, which I, personally, found a little overpowering at first. But you know, after a while, I got used to it. Like, strangely comforting. The bed was… surprisingly alright. Not a cloud-nine experience, but I didn't wake up feeling like I'd been run over by a truck, so that's a win! The bathroom? Standard hotel fare. Clean-ish. Okay, fine, it *was* clean, but the shower pressure could have been better. Seriously, it was like a sad little drizzle. But hey, it got the job done. And the view? Well, I got a view of… another building. Pretty standard city stuff. Honestly, I spent more time staring at my phone than the "spectacular vista". (I'm being a bit dramatic here, I know, but I'm trying to find it interesting!)

The food! Tell me about the grub! Is it edible?

Oh, the food. The food! Okay, so the buffet breakfast… that’s a story. It's a tale of highs and lows, a journey in which I embraced carbs as my friends. They have a noodle station, which is the star attraction, every time. I ate so many noodles that I swear I’m part noodle now. The Western options were… well, let's just say they aimed for "international" and sort of landed somewhere in the middle. The sausages sometimes tasted like... I have no idea what they tasted like, actually. Avoid? I don't know, try them. There's also a dim sum selection, and that's good. I tried it several times. But my biggest mistake was overeating. I swear, I could have rolled out of there! Bring your stretchy pants.

Ramblings aside: The on-site restaurants? Fine. Nothing to write home about, unless your home is incredibly excited by moderately priced Cantonese. There’s a decent Japanese place though. It kept me sane with my obsession with sushi. Honestly, food's food, you know? It's hard to go wrong with a full stomach.

What about the swimming pool? Is it actually usable, or just for Instagram aesthetics?

The pool… ah, the pool. Okay, the pool is actually… nice. Surprisingly nice. It's clean, it's a decent size, and it was actually refreshing on a hot day. (And Shenzhen gets HOT.) I spent a good afternoon there, just floating around, pretending I was somewhere much more exotic. The problem? It's popular. Seriously, it can get crowded. You might have to fight for a sun lounger. I’m not exaggerating. One day, I saw a guy practically camping out there to secure his spot. I got there too late. I had to make do with just dangling my feet in the pool. Which wasn't the worst. I mean, the towels were available, you could get a drink… it’s a win, really. But get there early, or prepare for a battle.

How's the customer service? Are they friendly, or do you feel like you're an inconvenience?

This is where things get a little… inconsistent. Some staff members were absolutely lovely. Super helpful, always smiling, going above and beyond. Top marks! Others... eh, let's just say their English needed some work, and sometimes I felt like I was speaking a different language altogether. There was a slight translation gap on my first check-in. I said "extra pillows please", and I received a towel instead. It's not a major deal, I understand, they deal with tons of people. But overall, the service was alright. Don't expect miracles, but they got the job done. And hey, a smile goes a long way, even if you don't understand each other perfectly.

Is there anything in particular that really annoyed you?

Okay, this is where I vent a little. The *WiFi*. Oh. My. GAWD. The WiFi was... inconsistent. Some days it was lightning-fast, other days it was slower than a snail in molasses. Seriously, I almost threw my laptop out the window a few times. I’d be in the middle of a video call, and it would completely cut out. I got so frustrated! I probably annoyed everyone in the hotel with my audible sighs of despair. I’d be tempted to recommend the hotel just because of the pool. But take a book to read, or a offline entertainment if you need to do something online - because the WiFi can be a nightmare.

Is the location actually good? Is it near anything interesting?

Location-wise, it's… fine. It's in Longgang, which isn't exactly the heart of Shenzhen's action. You'll need to take a taxi or use the metro to get anywhere truly exciting. There's a shopping mall nearby, which is convenient for essentials, and some local restaurants. The metro station is a reasonable walk. All I needed was a place to sleep after a long day. Which it did.

Okay, overall… would you recommend it? Be honest!

Alright, the million-dollar question. Would I recommend the Rivan Hotel? Hmm… it depends. If you're on a budget and want a decent place to crash in Shenzhen, then yeah, it's a solid option. It's not luxury, but it's not terrible. Just manage your expectations. If you're looking for something truly special, something Instagram-worthy, something *paradisiacal*... then maybe not. Think of it as a perfectly acceptable basecamp for exploring Shenzhen. A place to recharge, refuel on noodles, and maybe – just maybe – get some decent pool timePopular Hotel Find

Rivan Hotel Longgang Shenzhen Shenzhen China

Rivan Hotel Longgang Shenzhen Shenzhen China

Rivan Hotel Longgang Shenzhen Shenzhen China

Rivan Hotel Longgang Shenzhen Shenzhen China

Post a Comment for "Escape to Paradise: Rivan Hotel Longgang Shenzhen"