
Escape to Paradise: The Blue Sky Resort, Ranong, Thailand
Escape to Paradise: The Blue Sky Resort - Ranong, Thailand - A Review (Or, My Chaotic Holiday Diary)
Right, buckle up, buttercups! Because I just clawed my way back from Escape to Paradise: The Blue Sky Resort in Ranong, Thailand. And let me tell you, it was… an experience. This review isn't going to be your clinically precise, buttoned-up travel guide drivel. It's gonna be real. It’s gonna be messy. It's gonna be me.
SEO & Metadata Stuff First (Gotta keep the bots happy):
- Keywords: Ranong, Thailand, Blue Sky Resort, Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Spa, Swimming Pool, Massage, Restaurant, WiFi, Beach, Resort Review, Hotel Review, Family Friendly, Ranong Accommodation, Thailand Travel.
- Meta Description: Honest review of Escape to Paradise: The Blue Sky Resort in Ranong, Thailand. Exploring accessibility, amenities like spa & pools, food & dining, and overall experience. From the good to the… well, you'll see.
- Heading: Escape to Paradise: Ranong's Blue Sky Resort - My Unfiltered Review (Expect the Unexpected!)
Accessibility: The First Hurdle (and a Few Stumbled Steps)
Okay, so the website blabs about being "accessible." And, to be fair, they tried. There’s an elevator, which is a HUGE win in a place built on a hillside. But let me tell you, navigating the resort with a wheelchair (or even just dodgy knees, like mine) felt a bit like a treasure hunt. Ramps? Yes. Steep ones? You betcha! And the signage? Let's just say I spent a good hour trying to find the “wheelchair-accessible” bathroom near the pool. Turns out it was hidden behind a trellis and a particularly aggressive hibiscus bush. Found it eventually, though! So some points for effort. Accessibility is technically there, but it needs tweaking. Not perfect, but I give an extra point just for trying.
The Rooms: My Mini-Palace (Mostly)
My room? Pretty darn lovely! Air conditioning that actually WORKED (huge in Thailand!), and a window that opens for that glorious sea breeze. I’m a sucker for fluffy bathrobes and slippers, and they delivered! The blackout curtains were absolute gold, letting me actually sleep past sunrise. Bonus points for the room having a safe box. The free Wi-Fi was a lifesaver (and a necessity), and I did appreciate the daily housekeeping. The extra long bed, was just that. Plenty of space to sprawl out. Now, the interconnecting rooms? Perfect for families, or just nosy people like me pretending to be a family. The internet access-wireless was pretty steady, not going to lie.
Things to Do, Ways to Relax (Or, My Attempt at Zen)
This is where the Blue Sky Resort really shines! The outdoor swimming pool? Stunning. Seriously, panoramic views that made me gasp (and then promptly spill my cocktail – more on that later). There are multiple pools actually, perfect for varying the experience while at the resort. The Body scrub and body wrap at the spa were… well, pure bliss. My skin felt like a silk sheet. The massage was incredible. I have to give a little shoutout to the skilled masseuse, one of the best I've had. The sauna and steamroom were perfect for sweating out the travel stress. And the gym/fitness area…well, let's just say I looked at it. From a comfortable distance. A girl can’t be perfect, right?
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: My Culinary Adventures (and Misadventures)
The restaurants at the Blue Sky Resort offered a decent spread. The Asian cuisine was phenomenal, especially the Pad Thai. Seriously, to die for. The buffet restaurant was a culinary free-for-all (in a good way!). Happy hour at the poolside bar was a must-do (and a great place to witness some people-watching). The poolside bar served my cocktail which I may or may not have spilled in a moment of over-enthusiasm after getting my massage, again. The breakfast buffet was solid, with an Asian breakfast and Western breakfast. I did appreciate the endless supply of coffee and tea. The Vegetarian restaurant was appreciated by my friend. The room service was a good option, but they never could find the cutlery for my salad.
Cleanliness and Safety: My Germophobia’s Verdict
Look, I’m a bit of a germaphobe. But Blue Sky Resort seemed to take hygiene seriously. Daily disinfection in common areas was visible. Staff trained in safety protocol which made me feel secure. The hotel used anti-viral cleaning products and also has room sanitization opt-out available. They provided hand sanitizer liberally. I saw evidence of the professional-grade sanitizing services. The physical distancing of at least 1 meter was maintained (mostly!). I felt pretty safe considering the global situation.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter
Okay, so the concierge was a lifesaver. The laundry service was amazing for the stinky traveler such as myself. The gift/souvenir shop was dangerous to my bank account. The currency exchange was handy, but the rate? Ouch. The hotel also came complete with an elevator which was a win for accessibility, so kudos for that! I appreciated the daily housekeeping and found the luggage storage useful. They have safety deposit boxes in the rooms. The car park was free of charge.
For the Kids: My Observation of Wee Ones (And Their Parents)
I’m not a parent, so I'm definitely not the best person to judge this, but the place seemed family-friendly. There are kids facilities and a babysitting service. The kids meal options seemed pretty decent, too. Happy kids, happy parents, right?
Getting Around: Navigating Paradise (And the Roads Leading To It)
The airport transfer was smooth. The taxi service was readily available for trips into town. Having a car park on-site was a bonus for those with their own wheels.
My Verdict: Is It Paradise? (Probably Not, But Close!)
The Blue Sky Resort, Ranong, is not perfect. It's got its quirks (that ramp situation!), and it's not cheap. But the stunning views, the relaxing spa, the generally lovely staff, and the delicious food made it a worthwhile escape. Just a heads up - If you're looking for a meticulously pristine, hospital-clean experience, this might not be for you. But if you're seeking a beautiful, largely relaxing retreat with a touch of chaotic charm, then book it. Just don't forget to bring your sense of humor (and maybe a good pair of walking shoes!).
Final Score: 4 out of 5 stars. Would I go back? Absolutely. Especially for that Pad Thai. Seriously, I’m drooling just thinking about it.
Seville's HOTTEST Coworking Space: JOY Setas – Unbeatable Views!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's meticulously planned itinerary. This is my attempt at the Blue Sky Resort in Ranong, Thailand. Prepare for a rollercoaster of emotions, questionable decisions, and possibly a sunburn. Let's do this.
The Blue Sky Boogie: A Ranong Ramble (and Potential Disaster)
Pre-Trip Anxiety & Airport Shenanigans (aka, the 'Is My Passport Even Valid?' Phase)
Day 0 (aka the night before the flight): Okay, deep breaths. Did I pack everything? Did I remember my malaria pills? Did I even renew my passport? (Spoiler alert: Yes, panicked triple check. Found it safe and sound… mostly.) My travel buddy, bless his heart, is already in a full-blown panic about potential flight delays. He's convinced the luggage will be lost, aliens will land, and our entire trip will be ruined. I love him. He's also completely exhausting.
Day 1 (Departure Day - morning): Airport chaos! The usual suspects: ridiculously long security lines, that one guy loudly arguing about his carry-on, and the sheer, overwhelming smell of airplane food. I swear, it's the same across the globe. I'm currently fueled by lukewarm coffee and the vague hope my seat isn’t next to a screaming baby. We are good to go.
Arrival & First Impressions (aka, 'This is Actually Happening!')
Day 1 (Afternoon): Touchdown in Ranong! Humidity hits you like a wet towel to the face. Lovely. We finally made it to the Blue Sky Resort! Initial thoughts: "Whoa." The pictures online don’t even begin to do it justice. Lush greenery, stunning views, and that breeze! I'm in heaven already. Wait a minute, I need to check if there are any bugs, I need to ensure that the room is clean like it should be.
Day 1 (Evening): Sunset cocktails by the infinity pool. Seriously, this view alone is worth the flight. We order some local Thai dishes. The food is amazing (spicy as hell, but amazing!). We tried to have a conversation with another couple, but we kept getting distracted by the view and the general feeling of "holy crap, we made it." My travel buddy, after two Mai Tais, starts telling a very long, and slightly embellished, story about a pigeon he once befriended. I love him.
Unpacking and Exploring (aka, 'Where Did I Put My Sunscreen?')
Day 2 (Morning): Finally, time to unpack! (Or at least, attempt to unpack. My suitcase exploded upon opening. It's a strategic chaos.) The room is beautiful, the bed is comfy. I can’t get over the size of our balcony. The views from here are really mesmerizing.
Day 2 (Afternoon): Exploring the resort. We stumble upon a secret garden (okay, technically, it's just a well-maintained garden, but it feels secret!), and I momentarily forget how much my feet hurt from the uneven pathways. Quick dip in the pool (amazing, obviously), followed by a nap under a palm tree. This is the life.
Day 2 (Evening): Dinner at the resort restaurant. We get a little lost on the way (my sense of direction is, shall we say, optimistic). I can’t resist trying another Thai dish. It's delicious, but again, the spice! My eyes are watering! My travel buddy is surprisingly unaffected. I suspect he has developed some sort of immunity to chillies. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful, and the atmosphere is pure relaxation.
Hot Springs and a Hilarious Massage (aka, 'My Muscles Have Never Been So Relaxed…and Also, Slightly Mortified')
Day 3 (Morning): We booked a trip to the nearby hot springs. I'm picturing serene relaxation, maybe a little bit of mud mask action. Reality? Well, it's crowded. The water is hot, the air is humid and I’ve managed to splash someone inadvertently. Honestly; but the experience is still refreshing, and the scenery is beautiful. I still can’t believe the locals are used to these temperatures every day!
Day 3 (Afternoon): The massage! Oh, the massage. I went for the traditional Thai massage, which involves a lot of stretching and pressure points. Let's just say, my travel buddy and I both emerged looking like a pair of wet noodles. I've since discovered muscles I didn’t know I had. It was amazing and slightly mortifying, but I totally recommend it.
Dolphin Watching and the Market (aka, 'Where Did I Leave My Wallet?')
Day 4 (Morning): Dolphin watching excursion! We found a tour that will take us to the sea. The boat ride out was beautiful. But when we got the area there were no dolphins. A bit disappointing. We saw some fish but it wasn't the experience we were expecting. The boat ride was worth it though.
Day 4 (Afternoon): Afternoon at the local market. The sensory overload is incredible! Spices, fruits I've never seen before, and a cacophony of sounds. I got totally distracted by a vendor selling the most vibrant mangoes, and I promptly left my wallet at a souvenir stall. Luckily, the vendor was incredibly honest and found me. Crisis averted! This is where my travel buddy makes a comment about how I shouldn't be trusted with money. I love him.
The Double Down: That Pool, That View, That…Me (aka, 'Embracing the Bliss…and Potential Sunburn')
Day 5 (Morning - mostly): Back to the pool. Because that view, that peace. I might just stay here, in the water, forever. The sun is strong, the water is cool, and all is right with the world. This is what travel is all about, right? The feeling of complete and utter ease.
Day 5 (Afternoon): OK, I did get out of the water eventually. Lunch by the pool, another cocktail (or two), and some serious people-watching. I started noticing people's behaviours to get a bit of inspiration. It was time to do something different, so I decided to get a new outfit. This led to some really nice photos. I think I might be a natural.
Day 5 (Evening): Sunset at the bar again. This time, I try to watch the sunset while not losing track of my wallet. I get talking to another couple. One of whom has an incredible life story. We swap travel tips and the evening just flies past.
Departure & Reflections (aka, 'Goodbye, Paradise… Hello, Reality')
Day 6 (Morning): Time to pack (again, unsuccessfully). The bittersweet feeling of leaving. As I survey over the resort, I can't help but want to stay. It's probably the best trip I've ever had. My travel buddy is strangely quiet, probably mentally preparing for the long flight home.
Day 6 (Departure): Airport chaos (again). This time, I manage to navigate security without losing anything. As we wait for the flight, I reflect on the best moments. The incredible food, the stunning views, the hot springs, the massage (lol)… and the chaos that made this trip so memorable.
Day 6 (Evening): We are safely back. Home is nice, but I am already starting to plan the next trip.
Final Thoughts: This trip wasn't perfect. There were moments of panic, a lost wallet, and possibly a sunburn or two. But it was real. It was fun. And it's a memory I'll cherish. Ranong, you were amazing. And Blue Sky Resort, you were a dream. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to start planning my next adventure… and maybe learn how to pack a suitcase properly. Wish me luck!
Indulge in Downtown Minneapolis: The Hotel Indigo Experience
Right, so… Is this "Escape to Paradise" *actually* paradise? Like, is it worth the hype?
Ooh, that's the million-dollar question, isn't it? Here's the deal. They *try* hard with the "Paradise" label. The views? Phenomenal. Lush, green, the Andaman Sea stretching out like a beckoning sapphire. That’s where it starts. The problem is... life, right? Humans. Stuff happens. I went in expecting *perfection* after seeing the photos, and… well, reality is messier. Paradise? Maybe. A bit more like "Paradise-adjacent" at times. Let's be honest, paradise doesn't have leaky taps, and *someone* in my bungalow had a particularly enthusiastic snoring routine the first night. So, yeah. Take the "Paradise" with a pinch of salt. But the scenery… that's worth the trip alone.
What's the *deal* with the rooms? Bungalows, right? Comfortable? Modern? What should I *really* expect?
Okay, the bungalows. They’re… charming. Let’s go with charming. They *are* rustic, definitely. I got the impression they've been *lovingly* maintained – but, uh, maybe by elves? Look, the bed was comfy, the aircon worked (bless up!), and the mosquito net was essential. Don’t go thinking you're getting a sleek, minimalist hotel room. Think more… quaint beach hut. Honestly, it added to the feel. I’m a bit of a princess *sometimes*, and at first, I was like, “Ugh, a little bit of a damp patch on the wall?!” But then, you’re sitting on your porch, gin and tonic in hand, staring at the sunrise, and suddenly, the charm really clicks. Embrace the flaws. You're there to *escape*, right? Let the ants have a little territory. (Just be careful with the snacks at night).
Food! Tell me about the food! Is it any good? I’m a foodie, ya know?
Ugh, the food. This is where things get… mixed. The breakfast buffet was pretty standard. Eggs, toast, maybe some sad fruit. A little bit of a letdown, if I'm being honest. But the Thai food at the restaurant? *Amazing*. Seriously, some of the best Pad Thai I’ve ever had. And the curries! Oh, the curries! I tried the massaman curry and I’m *pretty sure* it’s the reason I’m now considering a career change to professional curry-eater. The seafood was fresh, the spices were fragrant, and the portions were generous. Word of warning: ask for “not too spicy” if you can’t handle the heat. Seriously. My tongue was still tingling three hours later. They also have a little beachside bar with some snacks. I spent an entire afternoon inhaling their spring rolls whilst watching the sunset. Pure bliss.
Okay, but what about the beach? Is the swimming good? I'm a big beach person!
Right, the beach. This is where it gets… complicated. The beach at the resort itself is… okay. It's not a pristine, white-sand, Instagram-worthy beach, okay? Think more… natural. There are some rocks, some shells, the sand isn't blindingly white. The water is generally calm, but again, not crystal clear. I mean, it’s not a *bad* beach. You can definitely swim, sunbathe, and generally mess about. But, and this is important, if you're expecting a postcard-perfect beach, you might be disappointed. However, from the resort, you can also book boat trips to other, MUCH nicer beaches on nearby islands. Do it! I spent a day on a completely deserted island with powdery white sand and turquoise water. It was *heaven*. So, the resort beach? Fine. The other beaches nearby? STUNNING. Prioritize a boat trip.
Is there anything to do besides, you know, sitting on the beach all day? I'm a bit ADD.
Oh, yeah! You're not stuck on a deserted island, don't worry. You can do: snorkelling (get a boat!), kayaking (they have kayaks!), hiking (there are some trails, but check the heat!), massages (amazing!), and, of course, eating your weight in Thai food. There are also cooking classes, which I *highly* recommend. I learned how to make green curry from scratch, and now my kitchen at home is a temple of deliciousness. Beyond that? Embrace the relaxation! Read a book. Sip some cocktails. Stare at the ocean. (I became awfully good at that last one). Honestly, the biggest thing is to just... switch off. I came back more relaxed than I have ever been. Which sounds cliché, but I swear it is true.
How's the staff? Are they friendly? What’s the vibe like? I hate rude people.
The staff? The staff are *wonderful*. Seriously. Warm, friendly, helpful. They go out of their way to make you feel welcome. I mean, they're probably used to tourists being ridiculous (I know *I* was after a few too many cocktails!), but they always had a smile and a genuine willingness to help. Lost my phone? They helped me find it. Need a ride to the market? No problem. The vibe is relaxed, easygoing, and unpretentious. It’s not a place for power suits or showing off. It's about chilling out, connecting with nature, and generally enjoying your time. Just make sure you tip them – they deserve it!
So, the downsides? Gimme the dirt. What *sucked*?
Okay, right. The flaws. Let's get real. The Wi-Fi. It's patchy at best. Prepare to be mostly off-grid. Which, honestly, I needed, but still. The mosquitos. Bring bug spray, and use it liberally. The walk to the restaurant from some of the bungalows is uphill and a bit of a trek in the heat. My calf muscles were screaming after a few days. And, if I *really* want to get nitpicky: some of the decor felt a bit dated. My recommendation – go prepared for a more "rustic" experience and pack your own little luxuries to elevate it. But the biggest downside? Leaving. Seriously. Leaving was awful. I wanted to stay and never return. You go there, you switch off, and you don't want to go back to real life. So, prepare yourself for post-vacation blues.
Would you go back? Seriously?
Damn straight I would. Messy bungalows, dodgy Wi-Fi, and all. The good far outweighs the bad. I went there a stressed-out human and came back feeling… renewed. Yeah, the experience wasn’t perfect, but itYour Stay Hub


Post a Comment for "Escape to Paradise: The Blue Sky Resort, Ranong, Thailand"