
Bentonville's BEST Extended Stay? (Select Suites Review!)
Bentonville's Best Extended Stay? Let's Talk Select Suites (and My Hotel Hangover)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just survived a week at Select Suites in Bentonville, and I'm here with the real, unvarnished truth. Forget those glossy travel brochures. I’m offering you my soul, and probably my slightly-sore butt from all the sitting. This isn’t just a review; it’s a confession. And my confession starts with… accessibility.
(SEO keywords: Bentonville hotels, extended stay Bentonville, Select Suites review, wheelchair accessible hotel, Bentonville Arkansas, family-friendly hotels, pet-friendly hotels)
First off, let me tell you, I DON'T have a wheelchair. But I do have a bum knee that loves to remind me I'm not 25 anymore. So, I was keen to see how Select Suites stacked up. It looked promising online, and the website yammered on about accessibility. Reality? Mixed bag, baby.
Accessibility: Getting around the property itself was pretty decent. The hallways are wide, and the lobby is spacious enough. The elevators? Thank god for elevators. My bad knee appreciated the hell out of them. BUT… some of the signage could be clearer. A few times, I wandered around like a confused badger looking for the fitness center. And the little ramp up to the outdoor pool? A bit steep for someone with mobility issues. I'm not gonna lie, I stumbled once, gave a frustrated yelp, and swore softly under my breath. (Okay, maybe not that softly.)
Wheelchair Accessible: I saw a few rooms specifically marked as wheelchair accessible, which is a HUGE plus. I peeked in (with permission, of course!) and they seemed well-equipped, with grab bars and wider doorways. Kudos. BUT… did I mention that ramp? Still a minor quibble, though.
Internet, Internet, EVERYWHERE! (and a bit of a rant)
Internet & Wi-Fi: Okay, this is where Select Suites got a gold star. FREE Wi-Fi in all rooms! YES! And it actually worked. I'm talking solid, reliable Wi-Fi. I was able to binge-watch my shows and work on my "super important" blog (ahem), without buffering hell. They also offered Internet [LAN] – which, honestly? I didn’t use. That felt like something from the nineties. However, this is important for somebody. Internet services, Wi-Fi for special events. I did notice a bit of slower-than-normal internet during a weekend. Perhaps a big meeting? But on the whole, it was pretty good.
(Rant alert!) I hate hotels that nickel-and-dime you for Wi-Fi. It’s 2024! It’s a basic human right, right up there with clean water and chocolate chip cookies! Select Suites gets it. And I appreciate that. The fact that they had Wi-Fi in public areas was a plus too. I never had to go far for connectivity.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax (or, Did I Actually Leave My Room?)
Alright, this is kind of where things get interesting. I’m not the most adventurous traveler. I’m more of a “stay in my pajamas and watch Netflix” kind of person. However…I was forced myself to check out some of the things.
Fitness Center: The Gym/fitness center existed. That's all I can say. It's small, but it had the basics. Treadmill, some weights, some of those weird machines that look like something out of a torture chamber. I briefly considered using the Fitness center, but remembered my inherent laziness. Nope. Skipped it.
Swimming pool & Spa/Sauna: Swimming pool [outdoor]: The outdoor pool looked inviting, but I’m a ginger, and sunlight is my enemy. I did see a few people lounging around, looking relaxed. Spa/sauna: I didn't see this. However, I did spot a sign for a local spa nearby with amazing reviews.
More on Relaxing: What would’ve made it better? A hot tub! Maybe a rooftop bar with a view. But hey, I can't have everything, can I?
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (or, My Quest for the Perfect Breakfast)
Okay, let's get down to brass tacks: food. I was a bit disappointed here, ngl.
Restaurants: While there weren’t any official restaurants on-site (a serious minus), the Poolside bar was a nice touch. They seem to Breakfast takeaway service, and I saw a lot of folks grabbing coffee and bagels. I might be in the minority here, but having at least a decent hotel restaurant is a must for me. I felt a bit stranded at times.
Breakfast [buffet]: Okay, the free breakfast was okay. Breakfast service. Buffet in restaurant. Western breakfast. Your standard hotel fare: eggs, bacon, those weird, rubbery sausage links. Coffee/tea in restaurant, the coffee was… well, it existed. The pastries were edible, but nothing to write home about. Some days it felt like the same thing. A few times, I just skipped it altogether and ordered room service (more on that later).
Room service: Room service [24-hour] Thank god, I am so thankful for 24-hour room service. I ordered pretty much everything. The burgers were decent, the fries were crisp. And the ability to get food delivered to my door in the middle of the night? Pure bliss.
Snack bar: There was a small Snack bar in the hotel. If you needed a quick fix, there was something. My only issue: no decent dark chocolate.
Safe Dining Setup & Hygiene (or, Did I Survive the Germs?)
Anti-viral cleaning products. Daily disinfection in common areas. Hand sanitizer. This place seemed to be taking Covid seriously. They certainly talked about it. There was an abundance of hand sanitizer everywhere, and the staff wore masks. I felt safe enough, which is a huge relief.
Rooms sanitized between stays: Yay! Sanitized kitchen and tableware items: Yay! Individually-wrapped food options: Mostly, yes. Staff trained in safety protocol: Seemed so. Rooms sanitized between stays: Most likely.
Cleanliness and Safety: This is important. I have a weak stomach. My biggest gripe, however, was the smell in the hallway. I think they were overusing cleaning products. I'd be walking back to my room, trying to avoid the cleaning cart, and gag at the overwhelming scent. Not ideal.
For the Kids (or, Where Were the Tiny Humans?)
Family/child friendly: Didn’t see a lot of kids, to be honest. Babysitting service: Didn’t see this either. Kids meal: Not sure.
Service and Conveniences (or, The Little Things That Matter)
Concierge: There was a concierge, and he was helpful. Cash withdrawal: Yes! Dry cleaning: Yes! Laundry service: Yes! Elevator: THANK GOD! Luggage storage: Yes, no issues here. Ironing service: Yup. Express Check-in/out: I used it!
The Room (or, My Cozy Little Cave)
Okay, let’s talk about the room itself. My room was spacious and clean. Not fancy, but comfortable.
Air conditioning: Essential. Alarm clock: Yup. Bathrobes: Didn't see. Coffee/tea maker: Essential! Desk: Present! Free bottled water: Yup. Hair dryer: Yup. Fridge: Yes. TV & Internet Access Yes Separate shower/bathtub: Separate shower/bathtub Sofa: Yes!
Things I loved: The comfy bed, the large TV, the quiet. Seriously, soundproof rooms are a godsend for a light sleeper like me.
Things I didn't love: The lack of a decent view (I was facing a parking lot) and the occasionally wonky Wi-Fi (which, again, was mostly good).
The Quirks, the Imperfections, and the Honest Truth.
Check-in/out [express]: I’m a fan of the express check-in/out, because I hate talking to people. But the staff was genuinely friendly and helpful. Seriously, these people seemed to genuinely care. And that’s a big deal. Exterior corridor: It was an exterior corridor. Non-smoking rooms: Yes, and thank heavens for that! Pets allowed unavailable: Not good. Smoke alarms: Good. Fire extinguisher: Good.
Security [24-hour]: Felt safe. Getting Around: The location was okay. This is Bentonville, so it's not like you're going to miss a ton of things. There was Car park [free of charge] and Car park [on-site] which was very convenient.
Hyatt Regency Hill Country: Your San Antonio Oasis Awaits!
Alright, buckle up buttercups. We're going to Bentonville, Arkansas. My therapist (yes, I have one, don't judge) keeps telling me I need to "embrace the chaos." This itinerary? Well, it's my attempt. Good luck deciphering it. Consider this a travel document, but also… therapy.
Extended Stay America Select Suites - Bentonville – Operation: Walmart & Beyond!
Day 1: Arrival and Existential Dread in a Mini-Kitchen
- 1:00 PM: Arrived in Bentonville. The drive was… fine. Arkansas is surprisingly green. I'd expected more… dirt. Maybe I'm projecting.
- 1:30 PM: Checked into Extended Stay. Decent. The bed doesn't look too suspicious. The kitchenette, though… Oh, the kitchenette. It's like a miniature crime scene. A microwave, a fridge that hums like a dying insect, and a single, sad-looking coffee maker. My soul weeps. I swear I saw a cockroach scuttle under the fridge, and it just looked at me with pure contempt. I'm already behind on my "leave the house" schedule.
- 2:30 PM: Unpacked. Or attempted to. I'm a chronic over-packer. Three suitcases for a two-day trip? Don't ask. I’m pretty sure I packed more toiletries than clothes.
- 3:00 PM: Walmart reconnaissance. This is the official mission. Walmart HQ is a must-see. I wanted to see the history and the whole darn thing. So, I went, and wow. I’ve never seen so many people milling about, all seemingly driven by some unspoken Walmart Force. Found myself aimlessly wandering the isles. Grab a cheap air fryer, and I just had to pick up a gallon of pickle juice. They didn't have my favorite brand, so I had to "settle" for someone new. The horror. Then, realizing I'd been in there for an hour, I fled. I think I needed therapy after this Walmart escapade.
- 4:00 PM: Back to the hotel. Contemplating the meaning of life while staring at a bag of gummy bears I bought at Walmart. I swear, the fluorescent lights are starting to mess with my head.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner at Cracker Barrel. Because… Americana, I guess? Also, I'm secretly obsessed with their biscuits. I'm not proud of it. Ordered far too much food. The waitress was… overly enthusiastic. I have a feeling I'm being judged for my solo-dining experience.
Day 2: Art, Coffee, and a Crisis of Confidence (in my navigational skills).
- 8:00 AM: Wake up. After a night of tossing and turning, I am sure I'm still battling the Walmart induced PTSD.
- 9:00 AM: Coffee. The hotel coffee is a disaster. I need a caffeine intervention. Head to Onyx Coffee Lab (a real recommendation this time). Oh, the coffee? Divine. The atmosphere? Hipster central. I felt a little out of place in my slightly-too-small jeans and the t-shirt I'd had for about a decade now.
- 10:30 AM: Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art. Okay, this is legit. The architecture is stunning. The art… well, some of it I loved instantly. Some of it made me question my sanity. I spend like, an hour just gaping at a massive sculpture by some guy I didn't know. Realizing my jaw was hurting after a while, I finally moved on. I felt a sense of calm, gazing at the paintings of nature. That was until I ran into that painting by a certain famous artist that made me go "Oh, yeah, I've seen that one before."
- 1:00 PM: Lunch at a restaurant downtown. I thought I knew where I was going. I saw the map and everything. Somehow, I managed to get completely lost. A couple of times, I just pulled over and cried. I didn't cry, and I did arrive eventually. It was a bit further out than expected.
- 2:00 PM-ish: (I'm already behind and losing track of time). Exploration of the Bentonville Square. Cute, small town. I bought a silly hat. Regret quickly set in.
- 4:00 PM: Doubling Down on the Walmart Experience. (Against my better judgment). I needed more… supplies. And possibly a deep dive into existential retail therapy. This time, I was prepared. I had a list. I had a plan. I still ended up spending an hour and a half in the seasonal aisle, contemplating the purchase of a giant inflatable flamingo. (I did not buy it. I have my limits.) I also found a brand of salsa that was the pinnacle of my day.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner. I may or may not have gotten lost again on the way to the restaurant. This time, I was hungrier, so I just grabbed something nearby.
- 7:30 PM: Back to the hotel. Packing. Sighing. The room looks like a warzone.
Day 3: Departure and the Unshakeable Feeling I've Forgotten Something Vital
- 8:00 AM: Wake up. Check out.
- 9:00 AM: The drive home begins. I reflect on the trip.
- 10:00 AM: I start to get bored, as I start to listen to the radio.
- 11:00 AM: I suddenly remember the gallon of pickle juice. I should have drank it.
- 12:00 PM: Drive home.
This itinerary is a disaster. A glorious, chaotic, uniquely me disaster. But hey, I survived. And I probably ate a few too many biscuits. Mission accomplished? Maybe. Mostly? Definitely.
Escape to Sunshine: Your Dream Sebring Getaway at La Quinta Inn & Suites!
Bentonville & Beyond: Your Burning Extended Stay Questions Answered (Finally!)
Alright, spill the beans! Is this "Select Suites" place *really* the best for a long haul in Bentonville? Because, let's be honest, long-term stays can be a *nightmare*.
Okay, okay, deep breaths. "Best" is a loaded word, right? Like, are we talking "best" for budget, best for instagrammable aesthetics, or best for actually *surviving* three months straight in a strange town? I've stayed at the Select Suites, and let me tell you, it's a mixed bag, like a bag of trail mix where some of the nuts are delicious and some are... well, questionable (I’m looking at you, suspiciously soft cashew).
My official, slightly-hazy, honestly-held opinion? It's *good*. Not perfect. Definitely not the Ritz. But for the price, and for the *convenience* of being, you know, actually *in* Bentonville (unlike the places way out on the highway), it’s a solid contender. It *definitely* beat the creepy roadside motel I accidentally booked my first night. Shudders.
What about the rooms? Are they, like, clean? Because I'm not trying to share my bed with a family of dust bunnies. That's a hard pass.
Okay, here's the deal with the rooms. Clean-ish. Let me rephrase: *generally* clean. I'm a bit of a neat freak, and I will confess - on my first inspection, I saw one rogue hair on the bathroom counter. One. Single. Hair. I almost lost my marbles. After a deep breath (and a quick wipe down with my Lysol wipes, naturally), I calmed down.
The cleaning staff seems to fluctuate in enthusiasm. Some days, the rooms sparkle. Other days... let's just say I've developed a rather intimate relationship with the dust bunnies under the bed. I suspect they may be breeding. Bring your own cleaning supplies. Seriously. You'll thank me later. Also, the furniture is... functional. Not exactly designer, but it's comfy enough to collapse on after a long day of... well, whatever you're doing in Bentonville.
Kitchens! Because eating out every single night for three months is gonna bankrupt me. How are the kitchenettes? Adequate? Or should I pack a full-blown catering setup?
The kitchenettes... ah, the kitchenettes. They are the lifeblood of a long-term stay! And the Select Suites ones are... okay. Think "starter kitchen." You get a mini-fridge (that actually *works*, which is a win!), a microwave (ditto!), a stovetop (usually two burners, and sometimes one works better than the other), and a few basic utensils and plates/cups.
Don't expect to roast a whole Thanksgiving turkey in there. You *can* make simple meals. Pasta, scrambled eggs, frozen pizza (the college student's best friend, am I right?). I learned to love my Instant Pot during my stay. Highly recommend. Pack a good chef's knife. The ones they provide are... well, let's just say they're not designed for chopping a pineapple. And the lack of a dishwasher? Brutal. Be prepared to wash a lot of dishes.
Location, location, location, right? Is this place actually *convenient*? Because I'm not trying to spend an hour each day just getting to the good stuff.
This is where Select Suites *shines*. It's actually *in* Bentonville. Shocking, I know! You're close to the downtown square (hello, Crystal Bridges!), the Walmart Museum, and all the cute little shops and restaurants. Walking distance? Maybe not EVERYTHING, but definitely a quick drive.
Traffic can be a bit of a beast during peak hours, but overall, the location is a huge win. It makes life, well, *liveable*. I could pop over to the farmer's market on Saturday mornings, and grab coffee easily. Absolute game-changer. Plus, for me, the proximity to the 21c Museum Hotel was a huge bonus. Date night dream!
Amenities! Free breakfast? Pool? Laundry? What's the damage? (And is the gym a joke?)
Okay, let's break down the amenities. Free breakfast? Yes, but temper your expectations. Think continental: pastries, cereal, yogurt, maybe some sad-looking pre-made omelets (avoid the omelets!). It’s enough to grab a quick bite, but don't expect anything gourmet. I mostly stuck to the cereal and coffee. And it will get repetitive.
Pool? Yes, a small outdoor pool. Good for a quick dip on a hot day. Gym? I'm being charitable when I call it a gym. It has a treadmill, a bike, and some weights. It’s more like a glorified closet with exercise equipment. Don't ditch your regular gym membership just yet. Laundry? Yes, coin-operated laundry facilities are available. Bring plenty of quarters. And your own detergent. It's a tight squeeze, though. I once witnessed a full-blown *laundromat meltdown* in the laundry room. Drama, folks, drama.
The staff: Are they friendly? Helpful? Or will they make you want to scream into your pillow every time you need something?
The staff… ah, the staff. It’s a gamble. Some of them are absolutely lovely, genuinely friendly and helpful. They'll go out of their way to assist you. Others… well, let's just say their customer service skills could use a bit of a polish. The front desk can get *busy*, especially during check-in and check-out times. Prepare to be patient.
I had a particularly memorable experience where the internet went out, and I *needed* to submit an important work project. The first response? "Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (Eye roll). Eventually, they did fix it. But, the inconsistency is... present. It's a mixed bag, like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get. But, hey, at least there's usually someone there at all hours. Which saved me once at 3AM when my key wouldn’t work. (It may have been operator error. Possibly.)
What's the *worst* thing about Select Suites? Lay it on me. I'm a big girl (or guy).
Alright, alright. The *worst* thing? Aside from the rogue hair and the questionable omelets? Okay, here's the brutal truth: the noise. Depending on your room location, you're likely to hear traffic. From the street outsideWallet Friendly Stay


Post a Comment for "Bentonville's BEST Extended Stay? (Select Suites Review!)"