
Morgantown Marriott Waterfront: Your Dream Stay Awaits!
Morgantown Marriott Waterfront: Dream Stay? Let's Get Real! (A Messy Review)
Alright, alright, alright! So, Morgantown, West Virginia. You wouldn't exactly call it the bustling metropolis of your dreams, but the Morgantown Marriott Waterfront… that's supposed to be a slice of paradise, right? I went in with high hopes, visions of blissful relaxation dancing in my head. Did it deliver? Well, buckle up, buttercups, because this is gonna be less "polished travel blog" and more "scatterbrained traveler's diary."
SEO & Metadata Stuff (Gotta Play the Game):
- Keywords: Morgantown Marriott Waterfront, Morgantown hotels, West Virginia hotels, accessibility, spa, pool, fitness center, waterfront views, restaurant, bar, Wi-Fi, meeting facilities, family-friendly, rooms, Morgantown, travel review, vacation, weekend getaway.
- Meta Description (Too Long; Didn't Read): A brutally honest review of the Morgantown Marriott Waterfront! From accessibility to the spa, restaurants to Wi-Fi - all the good, the bad, and the slightly awkward, covered. Discover if this hotel lives up to the hype (or if you should just pack a picnic basket).
Let's Dive In! (And Hope I Don't Drown in Detail)
First things first: Accessibility is King. Okay, maybe not king, but it's certainly crucial! The Marriott, bless their hearts, mostly gets it right. Wheelchair accessible rooms are available (hallelujah!), and the elevator is your trusty friend. The facilities for disabled guests get a thumbs up (though I didn't need to fully utilize them, I appreciated the awareness). CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside the property offer that extra layer of security, which is genuinely comforting. Just a heads-up, though: while the hotel claims it's fully accessible, navigating some of the older sections might be a tiny challenge. Be sure you ask for assistance if you think you'll need it.
Rooms & Amenities: The Good, the Okay, and the "Wait, What?"
My room… The non-smoking rooms are a huge plus. Smelly rooms are an instant deal-breaker. And I'm happy to report, no cigarette smoke! The air conditioning was a godsend during that unexpected heatwave. The blackout curtains were pretty good at eating the sunlight. I always appreciate those, because I like to sleep in, and the daily housekeeping really kept the place tidy. The bed was comfortable, though the extra-long bed was a little weird, I have to admit. It felt like I was sleeping on a runway.
The Wi-Fi [free] was a LIFESAVER. And yes, again, free Wi-Fi in all rooms! And no, the internet wasn't stellar but it did the job. The Internet access – wireless was fast enough to upload my embarrassing vacation photos.
Now… the "wait, what?" moments. I'll be honest, my room needed a slightly more thorough cleaning. I found a stray sock in my closet and a mysterious stain on the carpet that may or may not have been chocolate. (I blame myself for the sock. No idea about the stain, though I do tend to knock things over). But hey, the room sanitization opt-out available feature makes you feel like they really care.
The Spa & Relaxation Zone (Cue the Sigh of Bliss… Mostly)
This is why I chose this specific hotel. I was craving some serious R&R. And the spa/sauna and spa are there. The massage was heavenly. Seriously, the masseuse worked out all the knots I didn't even know I had. I might be a different person now. The sauna was… hot. Really hot. But in the best possible way. The steamroom - well, let's just say I emerged looking like a prune. I did not indulge in the body scrub or the body wrap although I did hear great things.
The swimming pool was a major draw, and the pool with a view almost made me forget my work emails. It's an outdoor pool, which is perfect. The water was cool and refreshing. The only downside? The inevitable screaming children that seemed determined to disrupt my zen. (Not the hotel's fault, of course. Just a hazard of family life). They also had a fitness center, but I am not fit enough to lift that much weight.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Culinary Adventure (Sort Of)
Let's talk food. The Marriott has a decent selection, but don't expect Michelin-star dining. The restaurants and the poolside bar are your primary options and are fine.
The breakfast [buffet] was pretty standard, with your usual Western breakfast fare. My stomach was pleased. The buffet in restaurant was great. I particularly enjoyed grabbing the coffee/tea in restaurant. The Asian breakfast was available, too. The variety was decent, which is always a plus. They had a coffee shop, as well, if the buffet isn't your thing.
The Poolside bar was perfect for a quick drink. I can't live without my bottle of water.
There is room service, yes! It was a lifesaver after a long day of sightseeing.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter
The little things are where the Marriott really shines. The concierge was unbelievably helpful. He pointed me in the right direction when I needed a taxi, and was a fount of local knowledge. Currency exchange was a bonus. The daily housekeeping does a fantastic job (the cleaning crew is amazing). The dry cleaning was a welcome convenience. The elevator is always my friend.
For the Kids (And the Kid in Me):
The hotel is family/child friendly. There is a babysitting service. They have kids facilities and even a kids meal.
Cleanliness & Safety: Keeping My Germophobia at Bay
Okay, this is important. In today's world, cleanliness is everything. The Marriott takes it seriously. The anti-viral cleaning products definitely gave me peace of mind. I saw daily disinfection in common areas, and the staff seemed genuinely committed to hygiene. Hand sanitizer was readily available everywhere. The safe dining setup was reassuring.
Getting Around: Navigating Morgantown and Beyond
The airport transfer is convenient, and there's taxi service if you need it. The car park [free of charge] is a HUGE plus so your travel is budget friendly.
The Emotional Verdict: Could Have Been Better or worse
Overall? The Morgantown Marriott Waterfront is okay. Not perfect, but definitely not awful. Great for a weekend trip. But don't go expecting a flawless five-star experience. The staff are generally friendly and helpful. The location is convenient. The spa is a true highlight. My advice? Temper your expectations, pack your sense of humor, and prepare for a stay that's a mix of relaxation and minor imperfections. And if you really want to unwind, book a massage. Trust me. You deserve it.
P.S. - I almost forgot! The proposal spot is pretty romantic for a couple. Not that I needed it… (Wipes tear dramatically). Maybe next time! ;)
Santa Monica Sunsets & Luxury: Courtyard Marriott Escape!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups! This isn't your sanitized, perfectly-edited travel blog. This is real. Welcome to my Morgantown Marriott at Waterfront Place itinerary. Consider yourselves warned: it's going to get messy.
Day 1: Arrival and Mild Panic
- 2:00 PM: Arrive at the Morgantown Marriott. Okay, first impression? The building looks…well, a bit corporate. Big and shiny, but with that soul-crushing "conference center" vibe. The lobby smells faintly of overly-enthusiastic air freshener and ambition. (Did I mention I'm mildly allergic to both?)
- 2:15 PM: Check-in. The front desk lady is wearing a name tag that says "Tiffany" and seems utterly dead behind the eyes. I swear, she's seen a thousand weary travelers just like me. I stammer through my name, fumble for my ID. "Room 742." Seven hundred and forty-two. This is going to be a long walk.
- 2:45 PM: The room! Okay, it's…fine. Beige, functional, a king-sized bed that looks suspiciously like it's been stripped and re-made approximately 17 times. I unpack, hang my slightly-wrinkled dress, and the little voice in my head whispers, "Did I remember to bring enough pants?" Panic levels: Level 3.
- 3:30 PM: Stumble into the hotel gym. They have treadmills. I hate treadmills. I do 3 minutes of jogging, 10 minutes of walking. Now I feel like I might explode, and the urge to check out the pool is strong.
- 4:30 PM: Explore the "Waterfront" (as the hotel so grandly calls it). It's…a river. With a few restaurants. Okay, cool. I'm a bit underwhelmed, I was hoping for something a little more lively.
- 5:00 PM: Find a little bar and order a local brew. They've got a special on some kind of pretzel thing. "Salty." is my first thought, and the second? "I need food immediately." This is a good start, actually.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner! I decide on a local place, "Iron Horse Tavern." The menu seems ambitious, and I'm feeling brave, so I order the seafood boil. It arrives in a massive metal bucket, and my inner foodie lets out a happy sigh. It's fantastic. Absolutely, ridiculously good. The garlic butter? To die for. The pile of shells and crumpled napkins at the end? That's the real testament to how good the food was.
- 8:00 PM: Back to the hotel. I flip through channels on the TV. It's a sea of infomercials. Fall. asleep.
Day 2: The One True Experience & The Case of the Missing Socks
- 7:00 AM: Wake up, instantly regretting that second beer last night. Hit the gym again. The treadmill glares at me. I glare back. We reach a grudging truce.
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast. The hotel restaurant does a buffet. Embrace the carbs! Eggs, bacon, hash browns…I am slowly becoming everything I swore I wouldn't.
- 9:00 AM: The One True Experience. Today, I'm doubling down on my love for the town. I decided to go outside, and explore the downtown area. It has charming historical buildings.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch. I eat at a charming little cafe. The food is delicious. I'm starting to like Morgantown.
- 2:00 PM: More exploration. I find a cute little bookstore. I browse the aisles, reveling in the smell of old paper and possibility. I buy two books I'll probably never read. All the world's issues and wonders are stuffed right onto little shelves.
- 3:00 PM: Realization: My socks are missing.
- 3:15 PM: Scour the room. Checked under the bed, behind the curtains. Nothing the mystery of the missing socks remains.
- 4:00 PM: Another drink. This time, something fruity. Because I need to calm.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner. I eat again at my bucket of seafood. It was so good last night, after all.
- 8:00 PM: Sleep.
Day 3: Departure and the Lingering Questions
- 7:00 AM: Breakfast again. It is not as enjoyable as it was before.
- 8:00 AM: Pack. I still haven't found my socks. I'm convinced the hotel has a sock-eating monster.
- 9:00 AM: Check out. Tiffany is still behind the desk. She nods vaguely in my direction. I feel a weird pang of empathy for her.
- 9:30 AM: Depart.
- 10:00 AM: The journey back home.
- Questions: What was the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow? Where did all my socks go? When will I truly be at peace?
This itinerary isn't perfect. It's messy, it's forgetful, and it might have a few too many references to food. But hey, that's life, right? And honestly, I think I'll miss Morgantown. Even with the beige rooms and the missing socks.
Escape to Oregon's Hidden Gem: Howard Johnson's Roseburg Roseburg (OR) Awaits!
Morgantown Marriott Waterfront: Your Dream Stay... or a Reality Check? An Unofficial FAQ
Okay, spill it. Is the Waterfront Marriott *really* as amazing as everyone says?
Tell me about the rooms! Are they decent sized? What about the views?
What's the deal with the food? Are the restaurants any good?
What's near the hotel? Is it walkable?
Is it a good hotel for a business trip?
What are the downsides that the reviews *don't* tell you?
Okay, so, would you recommend it? Overall?


Post a Comment for "Morgantown Marriott Waterfront: Your Dream Stay Awaits!"