
Raleigh's HOTTEST Hotel? AC Hotel North Hills Review!
AC Hotel Raleigh North Hills: My Hot Takes (and Cold Towels)
Alright, folks, buckle up. We're diving headfirst into the AC Hotel Raleigh North Hills. This isn't just a review; it's a therapy session, a love letter, and a slight rant all rolled into one. And trust me, after my stay, I needed all three.
First Impressions (and a Near-Miss with the Elevator)
Pulling up, the AC Hotel screams "slick modern." It's all clean lines and that vaguely European aesthetic that makes you feel like you should be speaking French. Which, spoiler alert, I’m not. Finding the entrance took a second, though. Maybe I'm just spatially challenged, but I swear I wandered around looking like a lost puppy for a minute before spotting the doors. But hey, they've got a car park on-site (free of charge), a major win in my book.
[Accessibility]: I didn't personally test the accessibility myself, but the Facilities for disabled guests are listed, and that's always a good sign.
Rooms: Home Sweetish-Chic, with a Few Quirks
Let’s cut to the chase: the rooms are gorgeous. Honestly, the non-smoking rooms and the whole vibe is… so Instagrammable. Minimalist, sleek, and generally pleasing to the eye. But let’s get real. The whole vibe is "designed by someone who's never actually lived in a room, just photographed one."
- [Available in all rooms]: The good news? They've got everything. Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone (who uses this anymore? me, probably, when drunk), Bathtub, Blackout curtains (a godsend!), Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed (appreciated!), Free bottled water (always a win!), Hair dryer, High floor (score!), In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, and Wi-Fi [free] (a double-win!). Finally, and always for me, Window that opens. It's the small things.
- The Bad News: The lighting. Oh, the lighting! It's all moody and dim, which is great… until you're trying to find your lost contact lens at 2 AM. Then it's less chic, more "adventure time." Also, the bathroom? Lovely, but the counter space is practically non-existent. Where am I supposed to put my army of beauty products? They do have a mirror, though!
[Getting around]: Airport transfer available, Bicycle parking, Car park [on-site] available, Car power charging station, Taxi service, and Valet parking should cover you for ease of transport.
[Internet]: Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Yes. A thousand times, yes. This is non-negotiable. And the Internet [LAN] and Internet services are there, too. A good option.
Dining, Drinking & Snacking: The Ups and Downs of Being a Foodie
Okay, let’s talk about food. The AC Hotel has options, but here's the tea (probably some fancy herbal blend, knowing this place):
- [Restaurants]:, the A la carte in restaurant, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar. Oh, and a Snack bar too.
- The Good: The breakfast! The International cuisine in restaurant was actually pretty solid. I dug into that Asian breakfast and it hit the spot. Also, they've got a Bar, because, well, obviously. And the Poolside bar is a total vibe. Crucially, yes, they had proper coffee. This is a victory.
- The Less Good: The A la carte in restaurant was fine, but nothing to write home about. And the prices? Let's just say my wallet winced.
- [Dining, drinking, and snacking]: Alternative meal arrangement, Bottle of water, Salad in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant, Room service [24-hour] are all available.
[Cleanliness and Safety]: My OCD Approves (Almost)
Let's face it, in today's world, cleanliness is KING. And the AC Hotel? They're putting in the work.
- [Cleanliness and safety]: They had Anti-viral cleaning products, Cashless payment service, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer everywhere. Hot water linen and laundry washing, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment
- The Verdict: I almost felt like I could eat off the floors (don’t worry, I didn’t). Seriously, the overall cleanliness was impressive. BUT, and there’s always a “but,” I did notice a few crumbs on the lobby coffee table one afternoon. Minor, sure. But it earned them a half-point deduction in my meticulous rating system.
[Services and conveniences]: The stuff you'd expect and some you don't!
- [Services and conveniences]: Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, On-site event hosting, Smoking area, Terrace, Xerox/fax in business center
- The highlights: Concierge service (friendly and helpful!), Dry cleaning, Laundry service. The Convenience store saved me more than once.
- The lowlights: I missed the Doorman service when I arrived. It wasn't terrible but let's face it, I like a doorman.
[Things to do, ways to relax] - The Pool, and the Siren Song of the Sauna
- [Things to do, ways to relax]: Fitness center, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor].
- The Highlights: The Swimming pool [outdoor] is beautiful; honestly, it felt like a scene out of a movie (minus the paparazzi). After a long day, the Sauna was exactly what I needed to relax and recover. I think I might have fallen asleep.
- The Downside: The Fitness center seemed fine (equipment-wise), but I didn't have the energy to actually use it. Blame the delicious pastries.
- [Spa]: I didn't have time to try the Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath. Next time!
A Few More Ramblings (Because I Can)
- [For the kids]: Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal.
- [Business]: Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, Seminars, Xerox/fax in business center.
- [Safety, Security, & Accessibility]: Access, CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Check-in/out [express], Check-in/out [private], Exterior corridor, Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour], Non-smoking rooms, Pets allowed unavailable, Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms, Soundproof rooms.
- The Extras: They have a Shrine, a Proposal spot, and Couple's room options too.
- **

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to embark on a Raleigh, NC adventure – and let me tell you, knowing me, it's gonna be less meticulously planned itinerary and more… well, let's call it "organized chaos." This is gonna be my AC Hotel Raleigh North Hills saga, and trust me, it's shaping up to be a wild ride.
Day 1: Arrival and a Touch of "Urban Exploration" (Read: Wandering Aimlessly)
- 2:00 PM: Arrived at Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU). Ugh, flying is starting to feel less like a glamorous journey and more like herding cattle. The security line? A glorious exercise in patience. My luggage arrived (miracle!), and the first emotional hurdle of the trip was successfully cleared.
- 2:45 PM: Uber to AC Hotel Raleigh North Hills. Okay, first impressions: the hotel is sleek. Very… designed. I immediately got that feeling, like, "Am I cool enough to be here?" (Spoiler: Probably not.) The lobby is gorgeous, though. That kind of "ooh, look at the fancy chandeliers" aesthetic.
- 3:30 PM: Checked in. The front desk person? Delightful. Gave me a room on the 7th floor. Immediately went up and dropped my bags. Not even unpacking yet. Gotta acclimate to the situation.
- 4:00 PM: "Urban Exploration" Begins (aka, aimless wandering). North Hills is the… the neighborhood, I guess? It's got a "vibe." Lots of high-end stores and, like, restaurants. I felt a tiny pang of inadequacy surrounded by so many fashionable people. I, on the other hand? Rocking the "I-just-flew-here-and-am-too-tired-to-care" look.
- 5:00 PM: Found a coffee shop. Needed a pick-me-up. The barista made a latte art that was way better than anything I could do. Took a photo, obviously.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner at a restaurant which I'm not disclosing. Got some chicken, got a salad, and got a side of overthinking. Ate my dinner, feeling the exhaustion setting in. Decided my room was a better place to spend the rest of the evening.
- 7:30 PM: Back to the hotel. Room is nice. Seriously though, I am the type of person that can spend hours in a hotel room. Not even being snarky, it just feels safe. Finally unpacked, and collapsed on the bed. Checked social media. Felt pangs of jealousy at everyone else's more exciting lives. Deleted social, felt better.
- 8:00 PM: Watched some Netflix. "The Bear." Perfect food-based entertainment.
- 10:00 PM: Slept like a rock. Seriously, the bed? Amazing.
Day 2: Art, Beer, and Potential Regret (and a LOT of walking)
- 9:00 AM: Woke up. Seriously, still obsessed with the bed. Had a quick breakfast, also had a quick breakdown (minor).
- 9:30 AM: Walked to the North Carolina Museum of Art. This was on the list. I was hoping this would be a highlight.
- 10:00 AM: Museum time! The art was good, lots of good artists. I was particularly moved by… something. The beauty and sadness within the human experience, captured through paint or sculpture. I felt both inspired and deeply melancholic. Art can be like that, can't it? You can be transported to another state of being.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch. Found a sandwich shop nearby. Realized I was famished. Ate everything. So good.
- 2:00 PM: More Walking. I was just walking around, trying to process all the art. I loved it. I don't know how to explain it. I can't even explain what I'm talking about.
- 4:00 PM: Beer tasting. There's a bunch of breweries around here, right? I did some research and selected a few, and went to one. I got the beer flight. Some were good, some were… adventurous. I accidentally over-imbibed. Let's just say my coordination suffered.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner, and made it to the hotel, but I'm not sure about the next few hours.
- Over the next few hours: Let's just say there may have been a chaotic text to a friend involving a regrettable late-night snack and an overly enthusiastic karaoke attempt in my room (thank god for soundproofing). I think, at one point, I tried to order room service in Spanish. Don't ask.
- 1:00 AM: Finally passed out.
Day 3: Redemption Day (or So I Hope)
- 9:00 AM: Woke up. Head throbbing. Never. Again.
- 10:00 AM: A hearty breakfast. Got some eggs and toast and coffee, a large coffee. Went down to the shops, got some ice cream.
- 11:00 AM: Back to the hotel, checked out, and headed to the airport. Reflecting on the whole experience, it was messy, yes. But it was mine. And, despite the occasional self-inflicted chaos, I wouldn't trade it for anything.
So there you have it. The Raleigh adventure. It wasn't perfect, it wasn't flawless, but it was real. And that, my friends, is what matters. Now I need a nap…
Hilton Head Island Paradise: Unforgettable Bluewater Getaway at Spinnaker Resorts!
So, AC Hotel North Hills... Is it *actually* "hot"? Like, in a good way?
Okay, fine. Let's talk about the *rooms*. Were they… *good*?
The North Hills location - convenient or a pain in the… well, you get it?
Let's talk about the *bar*. Because that's important.
And the *breakfast*? Crucial.
Okay, *anything* redeem this experience?
So, should I stay there?


Post a Comment for "Raleigh's HOTTEST Hotel? AC Hotel North Hills Review!"