
Denver's BEST Hotel Near Anschutz Medical Campus? (SpringHill Suites Review!)
SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz: The Good, The Glitches, and The "Meh"
Alright, let's be honest, when you're schlepping to Denver for the Anschutz Medical Campus, you're probably not planning a luxury vacation. You're there for appointments, treatments, or maybe just to support a loved one. You need convenience, accessibility, and maybe a sliver of sanity. So, how does the SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz stack up? Let’s dive in, flaws and all. Prepare for a bit of a bumpy ride, because, well, that's life, isn't it?
Location, Location, Location (and Everything Else is Secondary):
First things first: Location wins. This hotel is practically on the Anschutz campus. Seriously, I saw people in scrubs strolling across the parking lot. This is HUGE if you’re trying to minimize travel time and stress. No fretting about parking, navigating Denver traffic, or late-night dashes to the hospital. Pure, unadulterated convenience. Accessibility is a major plus, with the hotel boasting wheelchair access and facilities for disabled guests. Elevators galore, wide hallways – they’ve clearly thought about this.
Rooms: Functional, but Not Exactly "Wow":
The rooms are… well, they're SpringHill Suites. You know the drill. Air conditioning that actually works (a lifesaver in the Colorado sun!), a comfortable bed, a desk for working (or, you know, crying into your laptop), and a refrigerator for those emergency snacks and bottled water. They even had free Wi-Fi in all rooms!, which is a necessity in this digital age, and Internet access – wireless and Internet access – LAN options, because gotta have options. The bathrooms were clean, and they provided toiletries and towels. Nothing fancy, but functional. Non-smoking rooms are a definite plus, and the blackout curtains are a godsend for those early morning sunrises (or late-night naps).
However, let’s be honest: my room's view was, shall we say, uninspiring. A parking lot. Glamour wasn't exactly the name of the game, but hey, I wasn't there for the scenery.
Cleanliness and Safety: Pandemic Era Protocols (Mostly) Observed:
Okay, this is where things got… interesting. They've clearly made an effort to address the pandemic with a full range of anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, and professional-grade sanitizing services. Staff trained in safety protocol, and there were hand sanitizer stations scattered about. I noticed the room sanitization opt-out available option, which is a nice touch. And they had individually-wrapped food options, which are a given nowadays.
That said… the first day I arrived, I noticed a stray tissue under the desk. Not a massive deal, but it made me wonder. And while I definitely believe in cashless payment service, walking to the front desk for all my needs got old quickly. The physical distancing of at least 1 meter wasn't always strictly adhered to. Overall, they're trying, but perfection is never guaranteed.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Mixed Bag:
The breakfast [buffet] was… okay. Lots of carbs, pastries, and the usual continental suspects with breakfast [buffet] and breakfast service available. The Asian breakfast and Asian cuisine in restaurant options were completely absent. I had a coffee/tea in restaurant and bottle of water, but nothing blew me away. The coffee shop wasn't anything special, and I didn't see anything labeled "Vegetarian Restaurant," but vegetarian options in the restaurant were available.
There is a bar, but I didn't partake. The poolside bar and happy hour, while lovely in theory, proved to be more theory than reality when I was there. There's a snack bar for those late-night cravings. A restaurant is on site, but its hours weren't always convenient. The room service [24-hour] is a lifesaver, though!
Services and Conveniences: Some Gems, Some Gaps:
Here's where SpringHill Suites shines in some areas. The front desk [24-hour] is crucial. The constant support of the concierge and the car park [free of charge] saved me money and sanity. The elevators are fantastic for facilities for disabled guests. The daily housekeeping was efficient. There's a convenience store for essentials. The dry cleaning was incredibly helpful, and the laundry service was a godsend. Luggage storage was offered as well. Also, there were safety deposit boxes.
However, I didn't see anyone in a dedicated doorman role. The food delivery options were limited. They facilities for disabled guests are fantastic, but I don't know about their bicycle parking.
Things to Do (and Ways to Relax): Mostly Within Reason:
Let's be real: you're likely not here for a spa day. But the hotel DOES have a fitness center, which I appreciated. It's small, but it allows to work out. I didn't see a sauna, spa, steamroom, swimming pool, or a pool with view. I was disappointed.
My Take: The fitness center was okay, but no massages, body scrub, or body wrap. No pampering.
For the Kids (or at least, for families):
A family/child friendly environment, which is good news if you're traveling with kids. They provide kids facilities and a babysitting service.
The Little Quirks (and My Random Rambles):
- I walked past someone in front of the shrine and the smoking area.
- I didn't see any couple's rooms, or room decorations.
- The meeting/banquet facilities seemed adequate but I did not test it myself.
The Verdict: Practicality Over Polish
The SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz is not a luxury hotel. It's not a destination in itself. BUT, it's incredibly convenient. The accessibility is top-notch, the location is unbeatable, and the basic needs are met. While I'm not giving it five stars, it's more than acceptable for the target demographic. If you're focused on appointments at Anschutz and need a clean, comfortable, and accessible basecamp, this hotel delivers. Just don't expect to be wowed. Expect functional. And expect convenience. And sometimes, in a medical situation, that's the most important thing of all.
Escape to Paradise: Unbelievable Garlands del Rio, Puerto Vallarta!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because planning a trip to Denver, staying at the oh-so-charming SpringHill Suites at the Anschutz Medical Campus? Let’s just say I'm not going to sugarcoat this. Prepare for the emotional rollercoaster that is ME trying to plan a trip. And honestly, the reality of traveling? It’s rarely as smooth as the brochure makes it seem.
Denver Delight (or Disaster?): A Stream-of-Consciousness Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival, Anxiety, and Pizza Dreams
- 1:00 PM: Arrive at Denver International Airport (DIA). Okay, deep breaths. Flying always messes with my stomach. I swear, the air pressure alone is enough to give me the heebie-jeebies. The plan is to grab the hotel shuttle to the SpringHill Suites. Praying it's not one of those overly cheerful, singsongy drivers. Ugh.
- 1:45 PM: Shuttle arrives! This is the moment I realize I'm dragging way too much luggage. Seriously, who needs this many shoes? It's a total mystery to me.
- 2:30 PM: Check-in at the hotel. Okay, the lobby is clean, modern, and… bland. I'm not a fan of bland. The front desk person seems nice, though. Score. The room… yep, a standard hotel room. Not exactly exciting, but comfy enough. The free wifi better work, or I’m going to lose it.
- 3:00 PM: Unpack, kinda. It's more like… shove things into a general vicinity of where they should be. My suitcase is more of a suggestion these days. Start to feel the existential dread of being alone in a hotel room. Time to distract myself.
- 3:30 PM: Time for a walk! I need air after the confined space of the plane and the airport. This hotel's location near the Anschutz Medical Campus means I'll be surrounded by…well, medical stuff. Hopefully, no surprise medical emergencies on my watch.
- 4:00 PM: Decide to find a decent pizza place. I'm dreaming of crispy crust, gooey cheese… and the comfort of carbs. Google Maps, show me the way! Hopefully, the food is better than my packing skills.
- 6:00 PM: Pizza acquired and consumed. Ah, life is slightly better now. Over-ate, of course. Always do.
- 7:00 PM: Decide to watch whatever is on TV.
- 9:00 PM: Attempt to sleep. Toss, turn, and overthink everything I said to the pizza delivery guy. This is going to be a long night.
Day 2: Museums, Mountains (Sort Of), and a Total Melt Down (maybe)
- 8:00 AM: Wake up after approximately 4 hours of sleep. Stressed the f*ck out, but I need to eat. Breakfast, assuming this place has it.
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast, or what passes for it at a hotel. The fake scrambled eggs and questionable coffee are… well, they are there. I need a real breakfast. Something with actual flavor.
- 10:00 AM: The Denver Museum of Nature & Science! It's supposed to be amazing. Okay, I’ll try to embrace my inner child and not get too cynical. The museum is HUGE. I swear it's like a maze.
- 12:00 PM: The dinosaur exhibit? Honestly, pretty cool. I'm easily impressed by giant bones. Suddenly, I feel small. It's humbling.
- 1:00 PM: More on the dinosaurs! I actually got way to into the dinosaurs and could've spent another hour. But wait, lunch is calling.
- 1:30 PM: Quick and underwhelming lunch at the museum cafe. Overpriced, as per usual.
- 2:30 PM: Attempt to visit the US Mint. Apparently, they aren't doing tours. That's a real bummer. I could have bought a half-dollar and called it a day. Oh well.
- 3:00 PM: Decide to try for the mountains. This is where things get potentially disastrous. I have a rental car. I have absolutely no idea how to get to anything.
- 4:00 PM: Drive. Get lost. Curse at Google Maps. Feel the pressure of the Rockies looming in the distance. This is not going well.
- 5:00 PM: Find some sort of viewpoint. Mountains are… mountains. They're big. They're majestic. I am… sweating, stressed, and slightly nauseous from the drive.
- 6:00 PM: Decide to have dinner. I just want comfort food and a safe space.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner at a random place. It’s alright. The company (me) is tolerable.
- 8:00 PM: Back at the hotel. Seriously consider ordering room service… then remember the prices. Think long and hard about just going to sleep.
- 9:00 PM: More TV. Try to avoid thinking about the drive tomorrow. Tomorrow I have to get back to DIA.
Day 3: Departure (and a sigh of relief)
- 7:00 AM: Actually managed some decent sleep! Maybe the altitude is getting to me. Either that or the existential dread has subsided.
- 7:30 AM: Another breakfast, this time a little less depressing.
- 8:00 AM: Final packing. Actually tried to fold this time. Success! (Sort of).
- 9:00 AM: Check-out.
- 9:30 AM: Drive back to the airport.
- 10:30 AM: Return Rental car.
- 11:00 AM: Security. Take off my shoes… again.
- 12:00 PM: On the plane.
- 1:00 PM: Goodbye, Denver! You were… an experience.
Reflections:
This trip wasn't perfect. Heck, it was far from perfect. But what trip ever is? I got lost, I ate too much pizza, I stressed about the mountains, and the hotel was, well, a hotel. But I saw some dinosaurs. And that, my friends, is a win. Until next time, Denver. And maybe, just maybe, I'll learn how to navigate a mountain road.
Escape to Paradise: Alpenhotel Tirolerhof Awaits in Stunning Austria
SpringHill Suites Denver Anschutz Medical Campus: The FAQ You ACTUALLY Need (And Maybe a Little Therapist's Couch Time)
Okay, FINE, is this SpringHill Suites really the "best" hotel near the Anschutz Medical Campus? Like, REALLY?
Look, "best" is subjective, right? Are we talking "best" as in, "luxurious spa day and private butler"? Because NO. This ain't the Ritz-Carlton (thank GOD, my bank account needs a break). But, after a *very* stressful stay at the campus (let's just say, family stuff...), I'd say, yes. For the *practical* reasons most people are looking for, absolutely. Proximity to the hospital? Stellar. Free (and edible!) breakfast? Essential when you're running on fumes. Cleanliness? Yeah, it was actually clean. Unlike, you know, *some* places I've stayed. So, YES, for a solid, reliable, stress-reducing basecamp, it's top-tier. "Best"? Let's say "Top of the pile for *this* situation." And honestly, sometimes that's all you need.
Seriously, how CLOSE is close? Will I be late for appointments because of parking or traffic? I'm already a mess.
You ARE a mess? Join the club! The proximity is *fantastic*. My room overlooked the campus, which was both a blessing (short commute) and a curse (constant reminder of where I was). But honestly, you can practically *roll* out of bed and into the hospital. Parking? The hotel has its own (paid) parking, and while it can get busy, it's usually manageable. The biggest headache, and this is a Denver thing in general, is the traffic. Get the heck out of there around rush hour. Early or late are your best friends! And honestly, if you're *that* stressed, just walk. The stroll is surprisingly pleasant in good weather, if you have the time. And bring a protein bar...or three.
The free breakfast. Is it... edible? Because hotel breakfasts are often a tragedy.
Okay, this is crucial. Hotel breakfasts are often where hope goes to die, right? Cold scrambled eggs and sad-looking pastries? UGH. But SpringHill Suites? Surprisingly good. The scrambled eggs were actually, you know, *scrambled, not congealed protein bricks*. They had a waffle maker (which, yes, I used... multiple times). Fruit, yogurt, cereal, the usual suspects. And, bless their hearts, they had decent coffee. Look, it's not gourmet, but it's fuel. Fuel you desperately need before a long day at the hospital. I'd give it a solid 7/10. Maybe an 8 on "desperation" days.
The rooms... are they small little shoeboxes? I need space to, like, EXIST. And not feel claustrophobic.
The rooms ARE suites, thank the heavens, not tiny rooms. A suite means separate living, and sleeping areas and, more importantly, a couch to crash on after a day of bad news. They're reasonably spacious, especially compared to, say, a cramped, overpriced hotel room in a city center. I really liked the separation, it gave me the illusion of "leaving" the medical stuff at the "office". The seating area with the sofa IS a lifesaver. And the beds? Comfortable enough, especially when you're completely exhausted from worrying. They have decent storage space. You won't feel like you're crammed into a sardine can, which is a MAJOR win when you're already dealing with a ton of stress.
What about the staff? Are they sympathetic? Or will I be stuck with the typical hotel indifference?
This is where SpringHill Suites truly shines. Okay, it's not ALL sunshine and rainbows, but the staff, without exception, was genuinely *kind*. They understood that people staying there were probably going through a tough time. I witnessed them helping a family struggling with luggage, offering extra coffee to someone looking lost, and just generally being *human*. Now, I’m not saying they are therapists, and they won’t solve all your problems, but the fact they were NOT cold was a huge comfort. I mean, when I burst into tears at the front desk because of a particularly awful phone call, the woman behind the counter actually offered me a tissue *and* a hug. It felt so good. It's the small things, you know? They won't be indifferent, which is a massive improvement over some hotels.
Are there any downsides, even small ones? Gotta be something.
Of course there are. (Nothing is perfect, people!) * **Parking Fees:** I did mention the parking is paid. Small, but annoying, expense. * **Restaurant Options:** Not a TON of great restaurants within walking distance. You'll probably have to drive or order delivery. * **Noise:** Depending on your room, you might hear some noise from the street or other guests. Request a room away from the elevator if you are sensitive to that. * **Pool/Gym:** They *have* a pool and a gym! I didn’t use them. (Who has the time?) * **It's a Hotel:** It's not your home. It's still a hotel. You're still not in your own bed. The loneliness can sneak up on you.
Okay, spill the tea. Would you stay there again? Seriously?
Absolutely. No hesitation. If I needed a hotel near the Anschutz Medical Campus again? SpringHill Suites is my first, and probably only, choice. The practicalities, the proximity, the staff... it all adds up to a significantly less stressful experience during, let's be honest, a stressful time. It's not glamorous, it's not luxurious, but it's reliable. It's safe. It's *comfortable* enough. It's one less thing to worry about, and when you're already juggling a million anxieties, that's worth its weight in gold. So, yeah. I'd go back. And that's the highest recommendation I can give. Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I need a waffle. And a therapist.


Post a Comment for "Denver's BEST Hotel Near Anschutz Medical Campus? (SpringHill Suites Review!)"