
Taipei's BEST Hotel Near Main Station: Click Hotel Review!
Click Hotel Review: Taipei's Main Station Champion (or Is It? A Rambling Review)
Alright, folks, strap in. This isn't your standard, dry-as-a-bone hotel review. You're getting me, warts and all, after spending a few caffeine-fueled days at the Click Hotel near Taipei Main Station. And let me tell you… it was a trip. (Pun semi-intended, given the whole travel thing.)
SEO & Metadata (because, well, I'm trying to be helpful here):
- Keywords: Taipei hotel, Taipei Main Station hotel, Click Hotel review, Accessible hotel Taipei, wheelchair accessible hotel, Free Wi-Fi Taipei, Best hotel Taipei, Spa hotel Taipei, Clean hotel Taipei, Family-friendly hotel Taipei
- Meta Description: A brutally honest and detailed review of the Click Hotel near Taipei Main Station. Discover its pros, cons, and everything in between, from accessibility to amenities, food, and overall vibes. Find out if it's the best choice for your Taipei adventure!
Getting There & Around (Getting Started… Kinda Messily):
First off, Taipei Main Station is a MONSTER. Like, a sprawling, underground labyrinth of trains, buses, and food stalls. Finding the Click Hotel (or any hotel nearby) is a feat worthy of Indiana Jones. They do offer Airport Transfer, which I'd highly recommend (consider it the "Avoid the Chaos" option). Otherwise, you're navigating the subway system like a local… or stumbling around like a lost tourist (that was me, mostly). Once you actually get to the hotel, the proximity to the station is definitely a massive plus. Taxi service is readily available, and they also offer Car park [free of charge] and Car park [on-site], which is rare in this busy part of town. Bicycle parking is another nice touch.
Okay, Let's Talk Accessibility (Because It Matters):
I'm not a wheelchair user, folks, but I did make a point of checking this out. The Facilities for disabled guests seemed pretty decent overall: Elevator, ramps, and accessible rooms. HOWEVER… and it’s a big HOWEVER… you REALLY need to call ahead and confirm specific details. Some areas felt a little cramped, and I’m not entirely sure how wheelchair-friendly the entire hotel is (especially given the sometimes-crowded corridors). They do have Facilities for disabled guests, but it’s not perfect. Needs a bit more attention.
The Room: My Cozy, Mostly Clean Haven (with a Few Quirks):
Alright, let’s jump into the nitty-gritty of ROOMS. Mine was alright. Standard size. Clean. Air conditioning worked like a champ (THANK GOD, Taipei summers are brutal). They've got the essentials: desk, a TV with satellite/cable channels, and a safe box. Non-smoking rooms are the norm, which I appreciated.
The best part? The bed. Seriously. I think it was an extra long bed. I'M TALL, and it was amazing. The blackout curtains were a lifesaver after a long day of exploring. Complimentary tea and free bottled water were a nice touch too.
And the bathroom? Okay, the mirror was perfectly lit. I'm a sucker for good bathroom lighting. It had a separate shower/bathtub. (They do seem to be putting those in all the rooms, judging by my friends' experiences!)
Now, a few quirks. The window opened… a tiny bit. Not enough for a good breeze, unfortunately. Speaking of breezes, the smoke detector was a little TOO sensitive. I accidentally set it off twice. Twice! (Note to self: don’t burn the toast.) And while the daily housekeeping was efficient, one day my bathrobes weren't replaced. (First World Problems, I know, I know…)
Important: They state to provide Anti-viral cleaning products and Rooms sanitized between stays, but I didn't personally witness any hazmat suits or anything (not that I was looking). I did notice the staff seemed to make an extra effort.
Internet & Tech (Because, Duh, We're Connected):
FREE WI-FI. Boom. All rooms. Solid connection. That's all you really need to know, right? Okay, fine, I'll elaborate. The Wi-Fi was generally reliable. No dropouts. (Important for streaming Netflix after a day of walking.) I also saw Internet access – LAN available, but I didn’t use it.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fueling the Adventure:
Okay, let's talk about food. Breakfast [buffet] is the way to go. They've got a great Asian Breakfast, and a decent Western Breakfast. (Think scrambled eggs, bacon, and bread alongside congee and dumplings.) The Coffee/tea in restaurant option is a lifesaver while you're waiting for your breakfast. I loved the coffee shop downstairs… great for a quick pick-me-up.
I did have dinner in the Restaurants once. They serve both Asian cuisine in restaurant and International cuisine in restaurant. I was craving pasta and it was alright. Not mind-blowing, but perfectly edible. The Happy hour in the bar was a nice touch. I almost made it to the Poolside bar. (More on that later.)
Services & Conveniences (The Little Things Matter):
The 24-hour front desk is a major plus, especially if you're arriving late or have questions. Their staff is good (more on that later). They offer Concierge services. Laundry service and dry cleaning are available, which is fantastic for a longer stay… or if you, like me, spill coffee on yourself constantly. The Luggage storage was super helpful when I arrived early. They'll provide an Invoice provided if you need it.
Things to Do & Relax (The Spa, the Sauna… Oh My!):
Okay, this is where the Click Hotel really shines. They boast a Pool with view! (More on that below). They have a spa/sauna. There's a gym/fitness center. There's a Foot bath. Seriously.
The Pool Debacle (Or, My Pursuit of Relaxation):
Okay, the POOL. The view. THE PROMISE OF TRANQUILITY. The Click Hotel has a pretty decent-sized Swimming pool [outdoor] on the roof. The view is fantastic. I was SO excited.
So I get up there, all set for a relaxing swim…
…and it's packed. Like, sardines-in-a-can packed. Kids splashing. People everywhere. The romantic picture in my head of serene swimming was shattered.
I did manage to squeeze in a fifteen minute dip (not a swim, a dip). It…wasn't exactly relaxing. Not the hotel's fault, per se, but a bit of a letdown. Next time, I'll try to go very early. Or maybe just enjoy the Sauna, which ironically, was blissfully empty.
Cleanliness, Safety & Security (Important Stuff, Obviously):
I'm not a germaphobe, but I do appreciate a clean hotel. The Click Hotel seemed to prioritize this. The daily disinfection in common areas was noticeable. They offered Cashless payment service, which is super handy. Hand sanitizer was readily available. The 24-hour security and CCTV in common areas made me feel safe. The fire extinguisher was nice to see. And if like me, you need it, they have a Doctor/nurse on call.
What Could Be Better:
Honestly? The crowd in the pool. That's my biggest complaint. Also, slightly clearer signage in the hallways would be nice. And maybe a little more personality in some of the rooms? Just throwing that out there.
For the Kids/Family (I Didn't Experience This, But Here's What I Saw):
They do have Family/child friendly options. They say they offer Babysitting service and Kids meal.
The Staff (Mostly Good Vibes):
The staff at the Click Hotel were, for the most part, fantastic. Friendly, helpful, and always ready with a smile. They seemed genuinely concerned with ensuring guests had a good stay. There were a couple of exceptions (who weren't especially friendly), but generally, they are fantastic.
The Verdict: Should You Book the Click Hotel?
Okay, the big question. Would I recommend Click Hotel?
Yes.
Why?
- Location: Prime location near Taipei Main Station. Transportation heaven.
- Amenities: Pool (potentially crowded), spa, gym, and decent breakfast.
- Cleanliness: Generally clean.
- Price: Reasonably priced for the location and amenities.
- Staff: Mostly excellent.
Why maybe not?
- The pool can be a zoo.
- Accessibility could be

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into my Taipei adventure! Specifically, the Click Hotel - Taipei Main Station branch. Let's see if this place lives up to Instagram (spoiler alert: it probably won't).
Day 1: Arrival, Jet Lag, and Questionable Noodles
- 14:00 - 15:00: Arriving & Initial Panic. Landed at Taoyuan International Airport (TPE). Immigration? Smooth(ish) sailing. Bags? Found 'em. Taxi to Click Hotel? Expensive. I nearly choked when the meter hit the equivalent of a month's rent. Seriously, Taipei taxis… they know how to work it. Anyway, finally arrived at the hotel and the lobby, while modern, smelled faintly of… cleaning supplies and desperation. "Okay," I thought, "Let's do this."
- 15:00 - 16:00: Check-In & Room Revelation. Check-in was… efficient. The staff were polite but clearly dealing with a constant stream of sleep-deprived tourists. Got to my room. It looked… adequate. Like, clean enough, small enough, but the window faced a brick wall. Fantastic. My emotional response? Definitely a grumble and a sigh. Oh well, I'm here to explore!
- 16:00 - 18:00: Exploring The Neighborhood! Took a walk around the area, I needed some food badly, saw that the hotel was super close to the Taipei Main Station which was nice, but the streets were packed, a real sensory overload. I eventually found a noodle shop that looked promising, and since the pictures had noodles on them, I was going in.
- 18:00 - 20:00: Noodles & Regret. Oh lord, the noodles. They smelled amazing. The first few bites were glorious. Then… spicy. So. Spicy. My mouth was on FIRE. I was sweating, tearing up, and internally screaming. But I couldn't stop eating it. It was like a weird culinary challenge. I finished the bowl (mostly). Regret level: High.
- 20:00 - 22:00: Jet Lag Wins. Back at the hotel, my eyelids began to droop. Jet lag hit me like a freight train. I tried to stay awake, but my brain went to mush and I crashed into sleep.
Day 2: Temples, Lost in Translation, and the Eternal Quest for Good Coffee
- 09:00 - 10:00: Wake Up (Eventually). After the night I had, I have to find some great coffee. After wandering around for about 30 minutes I thought I found a hipster Coffee shop, and went in. "Hello", I said. Nobody was there. "Hello?" I asked louder. After about 5 minutes, some person came into the shop and said "we're not open yet." Ok… I guess I'll go back to the hotel.
- 10:00 - 12:00: Lost in Translation & Longshan Temple. Taipei Metro is incredible, but the signs were not, and I was lost. Eventually, I made my way to the Longshan Temple. Mind-blowing. Incense smoke, elaborate carvings, people praying… It was a total sensory overload in the best way possible. I just stood there, marveling at the sheer beauty and intensity of it all. The crowd was pretty thick, but the experience made it all worth it. I tried to decipher the fortune sticks and almost understood what they told me.
- 12:00 - 14:00: Lunch Attempt #2 & Eating in The Street. Got hungry again and found myself at a bustling street food market. Everything looked so delicious! It was a bit overwhelming, but I dove in. The flavors were insane! I tried some kind of dumpling I can't remember, it was fried and had a dipping sauce to die which was pretty spicy, and some skewers that were cooked to perfection. I'm not sure what they were, but they were good!
- 14:00 - 16:00: Ximending & Shopping Spree (Kinda). This place is AMAZING! Bright lights, super cool shops, and the energy was just infectious! I wandered around, window-shopping and trying on clothes. The shopping was pretty good, I had to resist the urge to blow my budget, but I probably did anyway. I'm a sucker for cute stuff.
Day 3: The Upside Down, and more adventures!
- 09:00 - 11:00: The upside down and the park. The park was so peaceful after walking around those busy streets all day. The upside down was interesting, I have to say, the photo opportunities were pretty good as well, I ended up staying there for a while.
- 11:00 - 13:00: More lunch! I went in search of the best food, and I got a recommendation from a local, he told me to go to a restaurant named "Din Tai Fung". I waited an hour to eat there, but it was worth it. The dumplings were AMAZING, I have no words to describe how beautiful and how good they were.
- 13:00 - 15:00: The Hotel. Went back to the hotel and just relaxed, I got what I was paying for. I decided to watch a movie and sleep because that was the best I could do.
- 15:00 - 17:00: The night market. Went to a night market to look for some street food and I find some crazy stuff. I found a place that was selling this chicken dish, which I was looking forward to, until I tried it. It was too spicy for me, and after eating all that food for 3 days, I was tired.
- 17:00 - 19:00: Leaving! It was time to leave, I went to the airport and everything went well, no problems.
**Final Thoughts on Click Hotel: ** It's… fine. The location is AMAZING. Seriously, right at the Taipei Main Station? Genius. But the room? Basic. The lack of a decent coffee situation in the morning? Crime! However, for the price and the convenience, it does the job. Would I stay there again? Maybe. Probably. Mostly because I'm a sucker for convenience and a good deal.
Taipei, you beautiful, chaotic, noodle-filled, spicy place. I'm officially hooked. Bring on the next adventure!
Lansing Getaway: Unwind at the Luxurious DoubleTree by Hilton!
Okay, seriously, is Click Hotel *actually* a good hotel near Taipei Main Station? My feet are already aching just thinking about lugging my suitcase around...
Alright, let's get real. "Good" is subjective, yeah? But after stumbling out of Taipei Main Station looking like a drowned rat (thanks, surprise Taiwanese downpour!), I can tell you... yeah, *Click Hotel* is pretty darn good. Especially if you're a tired traveler. It's like... *right there*. I'm talking barely-had-to-sweat-and-stress-about-directions close. Literally, you walk out, see the building, and think, "Sweet, I can collapse soon." That alone is worth its weight in gold, especially after wrestling with MRT transfers and a language barrier. It's not the Ritz, mind you, but it's a solid, clean basecamp for exploring Taipei. And let's be honest, sometimes 'good' means 'convenient' when your legs are screaming.
What's the deal with the rooms? Are they shoeboxes? (I'm claustrophobic!)
Okay, so the room size... yeah, they're not exactly sprawling villas. My first thought when I opened the door was something along the lines of, "Well, this is... cozy." Translation: It's a smallish, efficiently designed space. But honestly? I didn't feel *that* cramped. They use the space REALLY well – clever storage, a decent-sized bed (comfy, I might add!), and a bathroom that's surprisingly… functional. And look, you're in Taipei! How much time are you *really* planning on spending in your room? (Aside from collapsing after a day of street food adventures, obviously.)
My biggest gripe? Sometimes, the walls felt a *little* thin. I'm not sure if it was the hotel or just my loud neighbors, but I definitely overheard some… interesting conversations one night. Let's just say I learned a lot more Mandarin than I intended. Bring earplugs, just in case. Just a pro-tip from a fellow traveler who learned the hard way!
Okay, but the breakfast? Everyone always talks about the breakfast. Is Click Hotel's breakfast worth waking up for?
Alright, breakfast. Here's the unvarnished truth: It's not the kind of breakfast you’ll write home about. It’s more like a "fuel-up-for-the-day" kind of breakfast, not a "gourmet-experience" breakfast. There's a decent selection – toast, some fruits (usually watermelon and pineapple, the staples!), a few hot dishes that rotate (sometimes congee, sometimes scrambled eggs... sometimes something I couldn't identify, but it tasted edible!), and maybe some pastries. Coffee is… well, it’s coffee. Not the best, not the worst. Think of it as breakfast that keeps you going, not breakfast that blows your mind.
BUT, and this is a big but, there's a little 7-Eleven right downstairs. And in Taiwan, that's a game changer. Seriously, the selection. I’m talking onigiri, tea eggs, amazing coffee… the possibilities are endless. So, if the hotel breakfast isn't *your* jam, the convenience of the 7-Eleven is a lifesaver. I had a particularly bad day where the only thing that got me through was a ridiculously delicious matcha latte from 7-Eleven because, after a particularly harrowing experience with a super-spicy pot, the hotel breakfast simply wouldn't cut it.
Is the staff friendly? I get nervous about dealing with hotel staff when I don't speak the language perfectly.
The staff at Click Hotel? Generally, yes, very friendly. They're used to dealing with tourists, and most, if not all, speak decent English. They're helpful with directions, can call taxis, and will generally try their best to make your stay pleasant. I had a total brain-fart moment trying to figure out the MRT system on my first day. The front desk staff (a *very* patient young woman, I recall) walked me through it, step by step, and even drew me a little map. Bless her heart! They're not overly chatty, which I personally appreciate. They're efficient and professional, which is exactly what you want after a long flight.
However, and this is a small detail, but I noticed a few instances of communication hiccups, which is understandable. Sometimes, it's easier to just nod and smile, even if you don't quite understand. But they genuinely try! And that goes a long way, especially when you're jet-lagged and slightly disoriented.
Anything else I should know before booking? Any hidden gotchas?
Okay, a few things. Firstly, the location is AMAZING for accessing transportation. You're IN Taipei Main Station. It's a total breeze to get anywhere, including the airport express. Secondly, the Wi-Fi was… spotty at times. Don't expect blazing-fast speeds. It did the job, but don’t plan on streaming movies constantly. Bring a portable charger because outlets are a premium and, well, you're gonna be snapping tons of photos.
Also... and I'm gonna be brutally honest here... the *soundproofing*. As I said… it's not the best. Bring earplugs. And if you're a light sleeper, request a room away from the street. I once spent a good portion of the night listening to a particularly passionate karaoke session coming from a bar a few blocks away. It was… memorable. In a very sleep-deprived way. But hey, that's part of the charm, right?
And one last thing: Check for deals! I scored a pretty sweet rate by booking in advance. And, remember that 7-Eleven downstairs? Yes, it's your new best friend.
Would you stay there again? Be honest!
Okay, the *real* question. Would I stay at Click Hotel again? Absolutely. If *location* is paramount, and let’s be real, it often IS, then it's a solid choice. It's a convenient, clean, and (generally) friendly place to crash after a long day of navigating the glorious chaos that is Taipei. It's not luxury, but it's definitely functional… and that little 7-Eleven downstairs is a lifesaver. Plus, you get the experience of a new place, like all the experiences from the previous questions.
Look, I'm a realist. I travel on a budget. I love street food. And I value a good night's sleep (when possible). Click Hotel delivers on all those counts. Yes, there are minor imperfections. Yes, the breakfast isn’t world-class. Yes, the walls are *thin*. But the good outweighs the bad. And if you're looking for the perfect basecamp for your Taipei adventure, it's a strong contender. But pack those earplugs!


Post a Comment for "Taipei's BEST Hotel Near Main Station: Click Hotel Review!"