
Stowe's BEST Kept Secret? The Lodge at Spruce Peak's Unbelievable Luxury!
The Lodge at Spruce Peak: More Than Just a Luxury Lodge – It's a Vermont Dream (and the Occasional Headache)
Okay, so I've just emerged, blinking, from The Lodge at Spruce Peak. And honestly? I'm still trying to process it all. They weren't kidding when they called it a "best kept secret." More like a well-guarded treasure chest overflowing with… well, everything. Let's unpack this, shall we? Prepare for a bumpy ride, because my notes are a delightful mess, much like my brain after a week of pampering.
Accessibility: Tick, Tick, Tick! (Mostly)
First off, kudos to Spruce Peak for actually thinking about accessibility. This is HUGE for me, because it's often an afterthought. They have facilities for disabled guests! Elevator access is a given, which helps, but I'm curious to know how much more they have… like actual accessible rooms? On my next visit, I'm going to dive deep into this!
Rooms: Your Private Sanctuary (with a few quirks – and a LOT of luxury)
Right, let's talk rooms. My room, the "whatever-it-was-called" suite, was… overwhelming. Think: "If a ski resort and a five-star hotel had a baby." Seriously. Air conditioning? Check. Blackout curtains? Hallelujah! I needed those, because between the fresh air and the altitude, I needed sleep. Bathtub? Obviously. And not just any bathtub, a fancy one. Big enough to swim in. And the robes! Pure, fluffy heaven. I practically lived in them. The closet was huge, way too big for my travel wardrobe, but it's always nice to have options, right? I loved the little details. The complimentary tea selection, the refrigerator stocked with goodies, the in-room safe box (though I'm not sure what I thought I needed to protect!), the slippers… it's all there. And the soundproofing? Magical. I slept like a damn log.
Now, the quirks. My personal bugbear: the bathroom phone. Do people actually use these? I'd love to know. I also found myself fiddling with the intercom system for a good half hour trying to figure out how to get to someone. And while my room was non-smoking, so was the whole place, which is great! (I'm a non-smoker). But there was something about it all, like it felt too perfect, like they've lost a little bit of the quirky charm.
Internet: The Good, the Bad, and the Sometimes Annoying
Free Wi-Fi in ALL Rooms! Bless their hearts. Amazing, right? Except the internet access [LAN]? Good luck with that. I did manage to get the Wi-Fi [free] up and running after a brief struggle with the password and the cable. The speed was decent, definitely better than my home connection, but a little wonky at times. My important emails sometimes needed a little "oomph" to send, which made me miss some important deadlines.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Culinary Adventure (potentially leading to overeating)
Brace yourselves, because the food situation at Spruce Peak… is a thing. The restaurants themselves are gorgeous. You can choose to dine in an A la carte restaurant, a Buffet, or a Vegetarian restaurant, or enjoy Asian cuisine in the restaurant. They have the works. I had the Breakfast [buffet] the first morning, which was incredible. The coffee/tea was spot on, the western breakfast was perfect, the salad was fresh, and the desserts… don't even get me started. There was also a Poolside bar, which I didn't get to, alas, because of the weather. The staff had to be extra careful during food service, the service was flawless and everything was safe, and up to standard, but it felt less inviting somehow because of this. There was even a Snack bar, which I didn't have any issues with. But it felt sometimes as though I had to choose between perfection and true enjoyment.
They even offer Room service [24-hour]. This is dangerous. So, obviously, I ordered it. More than once. The bottle of water was always there as if they were prepared. I spent a lot of time sampling their menu, which I'm not sad about.
Things to Do, Ways to Relax: An Exhausting Marathon of Pampering
Okay, so the "relaxing" part was the main event. Let's get right on it.
- The Spa: Oh, the spa. It's a wonderland. I didn't get to experience every single treatment, but I did manage to squeeze in a Body wrap, a Massage, and, the pièce de résistance, a glorious Body scrub. A person could live in that spa alone. The Sauna! The Steamroom! The Spa/sauna combination was pure bliss.
- Fitness Fanatics: The Gym/fitness center was impressive, and they also offer Fitness center facilities. I am not one of those. So, I didn't go, alas.
- Pool Party? They have a Swimming pool [outdoor]! I didn't go, because the weather. But the Pool with view looked stunning in all the pictures I saw.
Cleanliness & Safety: They're Taking it Seriously (and I appreciate it)
I need to give a massive shout-out to Spruce Peak's commitment to cleanliness. Amidst everything, it felt safe. There was Anti-viral cleaning products, and a Daily disinfection in common areas. They were using Professional-grade sanitizing services, which was evident everywhere.
Services and Conveniences: The Perks of Luxury (with a bit of extra cost!)
They have the works. Concierge service? Yep. Cash withdrawal? Check. Luggage storage? Of course. Daily housekeeping? My room was spotless every day. But let's be real: some of these conveniences, like the dry cleaning and ironing service, come with a premium price tag.
For the Kids: Family-Friendly, But Maybe Not Kid-Proof (Yet)
While they've got a Babysitting service and Kids facilities, I didn't travel with children, so I didn't test these out. It gives off "luxury resort" vibes, which can be a double-edged sword.
Getting Around: The Vermont Shuffle
Airport transfer is available, which is great for those flying in. You can also do a Taxi service. Car park [free of charge] is a definite plus! The Valet parking is another luxury, which I didn't try out.
Overall Impression: Worth It (with a few caveats)
Look, The Lodge at Spruce Peak is undeniably luxurious. It's beautiful, the service is top-notch, and the amenities are incredible. It's a place where you can truly escape.
SEO and Metadata (Here We Go!):
- Title: The Lodge at Spruce Peak: A Vermont Luxury Review (With a Few Quirks!)
- Description: Honest, unfiltered review of The Lodge at Spruce Peak in Stowe, Vermont. Discover its unbelievable luxury, accessibility, dining, spa, and more. Find out if this "best kept secret" lives up to the hype! Read about my personal experiences.
- Keywords: The Lodge at Spruce Peak, Stowe Vermont, luxury hotel, spa, ski resort, accessible hotel, Vermont vacation, reviews, lodging, dining, swimming pool, sauna, family-friendly, best hotels, accessibility, concierge, room service, free wi-fi, spa, body wrap, massage, food, restaurant, bar, room.
- Metadata:
og:title: The Lodge at Spruce Peak: A Vermont Luxury Review (With a Few Quirks!)og:description: Honest, unfiltered review of The Lodge at Spruce Peak in Stowe, Vermont. Discover its unbelievable luxury, accessibility, dining, spa, and more. Find out if this "best kept secret" lives up to the hype! Read about my personal experiences.og:image: (Insert a stunning photo of the lodge or a key feature here)twitter:title: The Lodge at Spruce Peak Review: Luxury with a Side of Quirkstwitter:description: Discover the highs and lows of The Lodge at Spruce Peak in Stowe, VT. Honest review of its luxury amenities & hidden details. #Stowe #Vermont #LuxuryHotelrobots: Index, Follow (to help with getting there)
Final Verdict:
Go. Just go. But maybe pack an extra dose of patience, a sense of humor, and a willingness to be utterly pampered. And take advantage of those robes! They're worth the trip alone. I plan on going back, and will be sure to update my review. And I will be sure to investigate the accessibility situation very soon.
Red Bluff Getaway: Super 8's Unbeatable Deals!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're heading to The Lodge at Spruce Peak, and let me tell you, packing for Vermont in any season feels like fighting a sentient closet. This isn't your pristine, Instagram-ready itinerary. This is the real dirt on a trip to hype-tastic Stowe.
Day 1: Arrival and the "Pre-Ski Anxiety" Special
Morning (ish) - The Great Packing Debacle & Flight from Hell: Remember that sentient closet I mentioned? Well, it won. I ended up stuffing my ski gear into a bag that seemed determined to become a black hole. I swear, socks vanished, reappeared weeks later smelling suspiciously of…well, you don't want to know. And the flight? Let's just say the turbulence was a free rollercoaster, complete with a crying baby and a dude hogging the armrest. I landed in Burlington looking like a disaster and smelling like airport coffee and sheer existential dread.
Afternoon - The Lodge at Spruce Peak: "Ooooh, Fancy!" Finally, made it to the lodge. The exterior? Gorgeous! The lobby? Woodsy meets luxury – like a five-star lumberjack convention. Checked in, grabbed the room key, and had that moment of pure, unadulterated joy: "I'm here." The room? Stunning. Fireplace. Balcony. Mountain view. Immediate emotional reaction: utter relief, followed by a minor freak-out about actually being responsible for this beautiful space.
Late Afternoon - Gondola Glances & the Dreaded "Ski Prep" Okay, time to ski. Gondola ride up was picture-perfect. Snow-dusted peaks, those impossibly adorable Stowe chalets dotted below… and a knot of pure, unadulterated pre-ski anxiety in my stomach. I’m not a pro. I fall. A lot. (You’ll hear all about the epic wipeouts later, I promise.) Spent an embarrassing length of time just deciding which run to start with. Settled on the easiest one. It was fine. The relief of making it down in one piece? Priceless. Though, I do think I saw a squirrel give me the side-eye.
Evening - Apres-Ski Bliss (and a Little Regret): Huddled by the fire in the slopeside Tavern. Ordered that hot chocolate with the extra whip cream and that perfect French onion soup. Felt like I was in a movie. Now, about the little (okay, big) regret: I’d planned to pace myself with the après-ski drinks. That plan…didn’t survive the second round of beers. Karaoke night was…memorable. Let's just say I’m pretty sure I butchered a Journey song, and everyone's heard me.
Day 2: Snow, Slips, and the Search for Serenity
Morning - The "I Can't Feel My Legs" Phase & the First Fall: Woke up, felt every single muscle screaming in protest. Getting dressed felt like a triathlon. Hit the slopes again, with the best intentions to be a graceful, gliding snow queen. Reality? Slipped on a patch of ice, took a glorious, sprawling tumble that left me giggling, then red-faced. This is going to hurt tomorrow, I can feel it.
Mid-day - The Spa Oasis and the "Almost Fell Asleep in a Jacuzzi" Threat: Desperately needed some muscle soothing after yesterday's shenanigans. The on-site spa was a lifesaver. Deep tissue massage. Steamy sauna. Jacuzzi. I could feel the stress melting away, leaving me utterly relaxed. Almost fell asleep in the jacuzzi, which would probably have been a bad look, but still…
Afternoon - The Relentless Pursuit of the Perfect Run/The Great Pizza Mission: I decided to conquer a slightly more challenging run. Emphasis on "slightly." Found myself on a black diamond I definitely wasn't ready for. Hilarity (and maybe a few tears of terror) ensued. I'll spare you the details, but let's say I perfected the "pizza slice" maneuver. Needed to replenish myself, so I set out, determined to find the perfect pizza nearby. Did a little exploring the area, and managed to get in the car. We found it. It was a thing of beauty.
Evening - Fine Dining and Stargazing Mishaps: Tonight: fine dining at the lodge's restaurant. Excellent food, and a chance to pretend I'm sophisticated. We looked out the window at the stars. Wanted to do some stargazing by a fire pit, but it was freezing. I gave up fast.
Day 3: Farewell (and the Promise of a Return)
Morning - The Ultimate Slope and the "Going Home Blues": One last run down the slopes. This time, actually felt like I got the hang of it. Gliding, enjoying the scenery, feeling a genuine "this is awesome!" moment. Then, it was time to pack up, say goodbye, and wrestle luggage (again). Packing? Just as messy as the way in.
Afternoon- The Drive Home/The Post-Vacation Depression: Hit the road back to the airport. The drive was actually pretty. I started already missing the mountains and the cozy lodge vibes. Post-vacation depression setting in, but also a huge, warm feeling of satisfaction. Because this trip was real. Raw. Messy. And everything it needed to be. I'm going to be back… soon.

So, what *IS* this "BEST Kept Secret" everyone's whispering about? Seriously, is it even WORTH the hype?
Alright, alright, let's cut through the marketing fluff. The "secret" is The Lodge at Spruce Peak. It's, like, THE place to stay in Stowe if you're not, you know, counting pennies. And the hype? Okay, it’s… mostly deserved. I say *mostly* because nothing is perfect, and honestly, that’s what makes life interesting. (More on that later…)
Picture this: you drive up, and BAM, jaw drops. (Happened to me. Twice!) It's all perfectly designed, like something out of a movie. But then you see the price tag and… uh… maybe breathe deeply? But yeah, it's *Stowe* luxury. High-end, but with a Vermont vibe. Think cozy fireplaces, massive windows overlooking the slopes, and enough space to swing a… well, a really large cat, I guess. (Don't judge my cat analogies.)
Okay, okay, convince me. What REALLY sets it apart from, say, just… another fancy hotel? Is it just the price tag?
Alright, here's the gospel truth. It's NOT just the price tag. (Though, let's be honest, that's a *significant* factor.) It's the FEEL. It's the entire experience. It starts with the staff. They're actually *nice*. Not that fake, overly-polished "customer service" nonsense. They're friendly, helpful, and genuinely seem to enjoy their jobs. I asked a concierge for a recommendation for a local maple creemee stand (because, priorities!), and he spent, like, 10 minutes drawing me a map. That's the level of detail we're talking about.
Then there's the location. Right on the slopes. Literally ski-in, ski-out. Which, for a klutz like me, means I can fall dramatically in front of the hotel, get up, dust myself off, and pretend it was totally intentional. (Been there. Done that. Multiple times.) Plus, the views! The Green Mountains are stunning in every season. Seriously, autumn is a painting come to life, and winter… well, you feel like you’re inside a snow globe.
The spa! Is it as ridiculously amazing as everyone says? And, more importantly, is it worth the cost?
Okay, can we just take a moment for the spa? *Deep breath*. Yes. YES, it is. It's called the Spruce Peak Spa and Wellness Center. It's not just a spa; it's a mini-vacation *within* your vacation. Seriously, the relaxation rooms alone… I swear I saw a harpy fall asleep there once and then, like me, immediately regret it when I woke up.
The treatments are heavenly. The massage I got? I practically floated out. And, okay, yes, it's expensive. Like, "consider eating ramen for a month" expensive. But. BUT. The quality is undeniable. It is *worth* it, at LEAST once during your stay. Go get a body wrap. Treat yourself. You deserve it. (And if you don't, go anyway. You *still* deserve it.)
Alright. Time for a confession: I went twice. The second time I spent an entire afternoon in the steam room and sauna. I basically turned into a prune. Regrets? None. Just the memory of all the money I spent. Worth it. Don't look at how much, or you'll start to question your life choices. Let's move on...
What about the food? Does it live up to the hype? Are there any actual *good* restaurants on-site? (Because fancy hotel food can be a roll of the dice...)
Okay, the food. This is where it gets… complicated. The main restaurant, Solstice, is very fancy. And expensive. And the food is, you know, *fine*. Good, even. But it's not the culinary experience of a lifetime. Honestly, I found it a little… stuffy. Like, I felt the waiters judging my choice of a cheese burger.
However! There are other options. The Pantry is a total lifesaver for breakfast and lunch. Casual, delicious, and actually affordable! Plus, you can get a latte and people-watch, which is one of my favorite pastimes. And there's a small spot called, "The Tavern at Spruce Peak" that has great burgers and brews. So, the food situation? Pretty solid. You'll find something you like. Be prepared to pay for the privilege, though.
Tell me about the kid-friendly aspects of The Lodge at Spruce Peak. Is it a good place to bring the whole family, or is it more geared towards couples looking for a romantic getaway?
Ah, the children! This is important, right? The Lodge is *absolutely* family-friendly. They have a kids' club, which I didn't personally experience (because, adulting), but I saw a whole bunch of happy kids running around, so, take that as a good sign.
The pool is great for kids (and adults, let's be honest). There's a game room. And, of course, the whole ski-in/ski-out thing is a huge bonus. They make it super easy to get the kids on the slopes. But, I'd say if you go, book a suite and *separate* the kids from the adults' spaces as much as possible.
Okay, what was the *one* thing that REALLY blew you away? The single most memorable experience?
Okay, this is the part where I *totally* gush. And, full disclosure, might get a little emotional. It was the evening I sat by the fireplace in the lobby, just… *taking it all in*.
I had finally, *finally* gotten my act together and was actually there. I'd survived the chaos of the journey, the car ride, and the parking garage where I almost lost my sanity trying to find a spot. And I was just... *there*.
The fire was crackling, the snow was falling softly outside, the lights were dimmed, and there was a general feeling of quiet contentment, even though I was surrounded by other people. I had a glass of wine, and everything just felt… perfect. (Okay, maybe I had *two* glasses of wine. Don't judge.) It was a moment. A solid, crystallized, beautiful moment. I never wanted it to end. And it didn't, for a few hours. It was a memory that I'm still living off. It was magic; a truly special moment.
Anything I should absolutely *avoid*? Any downsides? Because, again, nothing is perfect.
Alright, let's be real.Delightful Hotels


Post a Comment for "Stowe's BEST Kept Secret? The Lodge at Spruce Peak's Unbelievable Luxury!"