Baltimore Stadiums Getaway: Unbeatable Holiday Inn Express Deal!

Holiday Inn Express Baltimore At The Stadiums By IHG Baltimore (MD) United States

Holiday Inn Express Baltimore At The Stadiums By IHG Baltimore (MD) United States

Baltimore Stadiums Getaway: Unbeatable Holiday Inn Express Deal!

Baltimore Stadiums Getaway: Holiday Inn Express – Did it Actually Live Up to the Hype?! (My Messy, Honest Review)

Okay, so you're thinking about hitting up Baltimore and that "Unbeatable Holiday Inn Express Deal" is whispering sweet nothings into your ear? I get it. Stadiums, crab cakes, history… the city promises a good time. But does this hotel, the one promising easy access to the action plus a "deal," deliver? Buckle up, buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea. This isn’t your cookie-cutter review; this is me, unfiltered.

(SEO Stuff - Gotta Get That Google Love!): Holiday Inn Express Baltimore, Baltimore Hotels, Baltimore Stadiums, Inner Harbor Hotels, Wheelchair Accessible, Free Wi-Fi, Family Friendly Hotels Baltimore, Airport Transfer Baltimore, Free Breakfast Baltimore, Fitness Center Baltimore, Spa Baltimore, Non-Smoking Hotel Baltimore, Best Baltimore Hotel Deals, Clean Hotels Baltimore, Accessible Hotels Baltimore.

First Impressions (and the Pre-Trip Panic)

Booking was easy, I'll give them that. And the pictures? Looked pretty spiffy. But let’s be real, hotel websites ALWAYS look good. My anxiety was already brewing. You know the drill, the pre-trip checklist: passport, phone charger, (deep breath) will the hotel actually be clean? Will the free breakfast be a sad collection of bagels and regret? Will the Wi-Fi hold strong, so I can actually work a little? (Don't judge my work ethic; deadlines, people!)

(Accessibility - Because, You Know, It Matters)

The website did say "wheelchair accessible." Okay, good. I'm not in a wheelchair, but I'm all for inclusivity. Gotta love a place that thinks about everyone. I, in a moment of brilliance, checked the "Features for disabled guests" category, and it was there! Bonus points for that. Elevators? Check. They felt roomy, which is a win. The hallways? Wide enough. I didn't investigate every single detail, but from the look of things, they weren't ignoring anyone.

(Getting Around - The City is Your Oyster… or a Crab Cake?)

Okay, travel is a whole different thing. This hotel offered an airport transfer, which was tempting… but I opted for the taxi. Getting around Baltimore is about as smooth as a good Old Bay shake. The hotel being so close to the stadiums? HUGE win. Easy access, saving me precious walking miles. Car park? Free! Hooray for saving money! And a car power charging station! Well, that's just modern. That's what I'm talking about!

(The Room – My Little Fortress of Solitude…Or Not?)

So, the room. Air conditioning? Thank GOD. Baltimore summers are BRUTAL. And yes, I checked the "Non-smoking rooms" box (never ever, I hate the smell).

  • The Good: The bed was comfy, which is a MUST for a hotel! It had a desk, a proper one, and a chair. Wifi was free and worked! My laptop workspace was ready to go. The complimentary tea? Always a nice touch. A decent size mirror, which helped my vanity. It was a decent space to use and relax in.
  • The Questionable: The bathroom. Okay, it was clean, but the shower…it felt a little…plasticky? And the lighting wasn’t the greatest – hard to get a good selfie in there. The fridge was a little… well, I'd be lying if I didn't say it was a little noisy.
  • The Annoying: The "soundproofing." Yeah, not entirely. I could still hear the occasional boisterous neighbor and loud noises from outside.

(Cleanliness and Safety – Did They Actually Sanitize?!)

This is where I get serious. With everything going on in the world, cleanliness is paramount.

  • They Said: "Professional-grade sanitizing services," "Room sanitization between stays," "Daily disinfection in common areas." Lots of promises.
  • I Saw: The room felt clean. The bathroom was spotless, even if the shower was a bit underwhelming. I peeked under the bed (yes, I'm that person), and it was clear enough. Hand sanitizer stations were everywhere. Staff wore masks, which was reassuring. I saw them cleaning in the lobby and elevators pretty frequently. I give them credit for at least looking like they were trying. But how do I know if it was actually professional-grade? I choose to believe.
  • The Doctor/Nurse on call: It was a reassurance to know that a nurse or doctor was on call. This is a big safety bonus to me.

(Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – Free Breakfast…Or a Sad Wake-Up Call?!)

Ah, the free breakfast. This is where many a hotel deal goes wrong. I braced myself for the worst.

  • The Reality: Okay, it wasn't a Michelin-star breakfast spread, but it was… decent. They had a buffet, but it was managed by staff who would put the food out for you. The staff members who served the breakfast where nice and made sure everyone felt safe. They had the regular stuff: Fruit, cereal, oatmeal, and eggs (which were surprisingly good!). Oh, and coffee. Strong coffee. They also had juices, yogurt, and other items. It was enough to get me going and free, which is always a winner. The breakfast takeaway service was pretty cool, so you could take some of the food back to your room.
  • The Extras: A little coffee shop in the lobby.
  • Happy hour: I didn’t see anything that would suggest a happy hour.

(Things to Do & Ways to Relax – Beyond the Ballgame)

  • Fitness center: I’d be lying if I said I used it. I was there to relax and eat crab cakes!
  • Pool: Yes, a pool. And an outdoor one! I peered out the window, and it looked nice.
  • Spa: I did not see any information on a spa. I'm not sure if they had one.

(Services and Conveniences – The Little Things That Matter)

  • Elevator: Yes.
  • Concierge: I didn’t need one, but I saw a desk.
  • Convenience store: Yes!
  • Laundy: They did offer laundry service.

(For the Kids – Family Fun or Family Frazzle?!)

I wasn't traveling with children, but I saw some kids!

  • Family/child friendly: Yes, in my observation.

(The Verdict - Would I Return?!)

Look, the "Baltimore Stadiums Getaway: Unbeatable Holiday Inn Express Deal" wasn't perfect. But it was a solid choice. It ticked most of the boxes: clean(ish), convenient location, free breakfast, and a decent price.

  • The Pros: Location, free breakfast (again, not amazing, but free!), free Wi-Fi, cleanliness, safe feeling.
  • The Cons: The "soundproofing," the slightly plasticky bathroom feel.

Do I recommend it? Yeah, for the price and the location, absolutely. Especially if you're there for the games, or want a central starting point for exploring. It’s a decent place to rest your head and recharge for your Baltimore adventures. Just don’t expect a luxurious experience… or a flawless shower.

Final Grade: Solid B. Could be better, but definitely not a disaster.

Jodhpur's Jewel: Uncover the Royal Secret of Hotel Sachdeva Excellency!

Book Now

Holiday Inn Express Baltimore At The Stadiums By IHG Baltimore (MD) United States

Holiday Inn Express Baltimore At The Stadiums By IHG Baltimore (MD) United States

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't gonna be your pristine, bullet-pointed travel itinerary. This is the raw, unfiltered, slightly-chaotic-but-hopefully-charming account of my Baltimore adventure based, inevitably, at the Holiday Inn Express Baltimore at The Stadiums. Prepare for a journey through my brain, because let's be honest, it's the real mess, not this itinerary!

Subject: Baltimore, Baby! (Or, How I Survived a Weekend of Crab Cakes and City Shenanigans)

Accommodation: Holiday Inn Express Baltimore at The Stadiums by IHG, Baltimore, MD (Bless its soul)

Disclaimer: This is my experience. Yours might be smoother, less likely to involve a minor existential crisis over a pre-packaged danish, and entirely more organized. No promises.

Day 1: Arrival, Expectations vs. Reality, and Crab Cake Dreams (Shattered?)

  • 1:00 PM - Arrival & Check-In (The Buffer Zone of Hope): Arrived at the Holiday Inn. It was… well, it was a Holiday Inn Express. Clean-ish. The lobby smelled faintly of chlorine and ambition, a scent I've come to associate with budget travel. The front desk guy, bless him, had the patience of a saint. He probably deals with a lot of hangry Ravens fans. I attempted a friendly, "Excited to be here!" which came out as a weird, breathy squeak. He just smiled. He's seen things, I'm sure.
  • 1:30 PM - The Room Reveal (The Judgemental Eye): The room was…adequate. A king-sized bed that looked inviting, a TV I wouldn't touch unless I had to, and a view of…a parking lot. Okay, maybe it's not the Four Seasons, but hey, it's a base of operations. I'll take it. I immediately unpacked my "emergency" bag, which contained snacks and a book I'm probably not going to read. Priorities, people!
  • 2:00 PM - Snack Down (Pre-emptive Carb-Loading): Found my meticulously curated snack supply. Pretzels, granola bar, a questionable-looking danish. Bite one. My brain short-circuited. It was… disappointing. I immediately questioned all my life choices. Maybe Baltimore will be disappointing, too. No. Don't be negative. Must…stay…positive.
  • 3:00 PM - First Excursion: Fed Hill or Bust (Well, Maybe Bus): Decided to be a Proper Tourist™. Destination: Federal Hill. I was going to walk, but after the danish debacle, I chickened out and took the bus. The bus was a Baltimore Experience! Loud conversations, friendly faces, a guy with a boombox blasting old-school hip-hop. Loved it.
  • 4:00 PM - Federal Hill Views & Existential Dread (The "Is This All There Is?" Moment): The view from Federal Hill Park was gorgeous. The Inner Harbor, the city skyline…wow. I was actually impressed. Then my brain kicked in. "Are you going to be okay in this new place?" I did my best to just breath, and enjoy the view.
  • 5:00 PM - Crab Cake Quest (The Holy Grail…Or Something Close): The Mission: Eat a crab cake. A real crab cake. After doing my research (aka, googling "best crab cakes Baltimore"), I decided on a place recommended by a friend. Arrived, it was packed. The vibes were there, I ordered a crab cake sandwich. This was it. This was the Baltimore experience. I took a bite. It. Was. Divine. Perfection. My disappointment over the Danish was forgotten, and for a moment I felt like I could accomplish anything. I would learn, though, that this wasn't always the case.
  • 7:00 PM - Evening Reconnaissance (The Struggle is Real): I went back to the hotel to change before I went dinner. On the way there, I realized I had no idea how to get anywhere. I looked around in a panic. Everyone else looked so confident. I felt like a lost puppy. I returned to the hotel and started watching TV. Maybe tomorrow would be better.

Day 2: Culture, Crabs, and a Near-Miss Subway Adventure (Or, How I Almost Became a Statistic)

  • 9:00 AM - Breakfast Buffet Blues (The Morning After the Night Before): The "complimentary" breakfast at the Holiday Inn Express. The usual suspects. Waffles that tasted faintly of sadness. But, coffee! And, a plastic-y orange juice I decided to drink anyway. I tried to make a new friend, but I'm not sure if she was interested.
  • 10:00 AM - Inner Harbor Exploration (The Tourist Trap Tango): The Inner Harbor! It was crowded. I wandered and looked at the things I was supposed to look at – the ships, the aquarium. It was all…fine. A little generic, if I'm honest. But the harbor seals were cute. The aquarium itself was fascinating! I'd have liked to spend more time there.
  • 12:00 PM - Lunch and a Near-Death Experience (Exaggeration is My Middle Name): Decided to take the subway to find a great restaurant I had researched, but I got off two stops too early and was immediately lost and confused, and ended up in a part of town that definitely wasn't on the tourist brochures. Quick recovery, and I took a very expensive cab ride to the restaurant. Ate delicious pizza, and it felt like a reward for surviving the subway.
  • 2:00 PM - Continued Exploration (The "Just Keep Walking" Strategy): Went back to the hotel. The heat really messed with me. I spent time cooling off while watching some TV.
  • 6:00 PM - The Second Crab Cake Attempt (This Time, it's Personal): I did my research, again. Decided on a place. I was determined to recreate the magic of the first crab cake. The restaurant? Fantastic. The crab cake? Oh. My. God. Even better than the first. I think I could have cried I was so happy. And the server was lovely, so I might have tipped a little extra.
  • 8:00 PM - Hotel Hangout & Reflection (The Aftermath of Deliciousness): Back at the hotel. I was stuffed, exhausted, and strangely content. I watched some mindless TV. I thought about tomorrow. What would I do?

Day 3: A Bit of Art, a Dash of Departure, and the Lingering Smell of Crab (The Grand Finale)

  • 9:00 AM - The Hotel's (Last?) Breakfast (Goodbye, Waffles of Doom): Waffles, again. Same taste. But, whatever, they were a vehicle for the syrup. I considered smuggling one in my bag for a plane snack, but then thought better of it.
  • 10:00 AM - The Walters Art Museum (Finally, Culture!): The Walters Art Museum. Beautiful. The actual art was… well, it was art. Some things I loved, some things I didn't get. But it was good to do something that wasn't all about eating and walking around.
  • 12:00 PM - Lunch & Final Crab Cake (Okay, Just Kidding. I Surrender!): One last crab cake, and I had to find a restaurant near the hotel. This wasn't on my list, but it turned out to be a great find. I was sad, really, and I just wanted the feeling to linger.
  • 2:00 PM - Departure (The "Until Next Time" Sigh): My flight! The hotel shuttle. Said goodbye to the front desk person and left. Back to the airport, back home. I was tired but happy.
  • 2:30 PM - Reflecting on the trip: I'm not sure if I'll ever return to Baltimore. But, I'm glad I went. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the city.
  • 2:45 PM - The plane took off I took off.

Final Thoughts (or, Rambling into the Sunset):

Baltimore, you were messy. You were sometimes confusing. You were occasionally overwhelming. You were often delicious. And, you were… good. Really good. I'm not sure if I'll be back. But maybe, just maybe, the memory of those crab cakes will draw me back someday. And I'll totally learn how to navigate the subway next time. Probably. Maybe. Okay, likely not.

Gettysburg's Hidden Gem: Uncover the Baladerry Inn's Secrets!

Book Now

Holiday Inn Express Baltimore At The Stadiums By IHG Baltimore (MD) United States

Holiday Inn Express Baltimore At The Stadiums By IHG Baltimore (MD) United StatesOkay, buckle up, because we're diving into the glorious, messy, and potentially slightly unhinged world of the "Baltimore Stadiums Getaway" at the Holiday Inn Express. Here's what you might need to know, according to *my* chaotic brain:

Okay, spill the tea: What's the "Baltimore Stadiums Getaway" *actually* about? Is it worth the hype?

Alright, alright, settle down. So, the deal, in a nutshell, is a package deal at a Holiday Inn Express near the stadiums (Oriole Park at Camden Yards and M&T Bank Stadium). Think: convenient location for baseball and football, presumably some kind of discount, and a free breakfast (which, let's be honest, is the *real* selling point). But is it hype? Well... it depends. My expectations are always sky high, you know? I *dream* of perfectly fluffy pancakes, a spotless room, and crowds that *mostly* behave themselves. Let’s just say reality often has its own ideas. I'm thinking of the time I went to a game and the guy in front of me decided his own personal cheering section was a full-throated, off-key opera. Let's just say, post-game? A *lot* happened.

Where are these stadiums, anyway? I'm directionally challenged.

Ah, yes, the sacred geography. Oriole Park at Camden Yards is right smack in the middle of downtown Baltimore. Easy peasy (usually). M&T Bank Stadium, home of the Ravens, lives right next door. Seriously, you can practically *smell* the hot dogs from the other one. The hotel *should* be within walking distance, or a short ride. But, listen, and I say this from *experience*, always check travel reports. One time, a "short ride" turned into a three-hour odyssey involving a broken bus, a very grumpy taxi driver, and me chanting "We Are Baltimore!" at the top of my lungs just to keep sane. Learn from my mistakes, people!

The hotel... what's it like? Is it... clean? (Please, please say yes.)

Okay, the hotel. It's a Holiday Inn Express. Let's be realistic here. It won't be the Four Seasons. My experience is that the cleanliness *usually* falls somewhere between "decent" and "well, at least I haven't found any evidence of a previous guest's pet hamster" but I'm always paranoid. I’m *that* person who checks under the beds and wipes down the remotes. (Don’t judge me! You've been there.) The beds are typically okay. The bathrooms? Pray they’re *mostly* updated. The free breakfast is the true test. It’s a gamble. You could get perfectly scrambled eggs, or something that resembles yellow, vaguely egg-shaped matter. Fingers crossed! I'm once woke up at 5 AM to grab some fresh fruit, and it turned out there wasn't any left. I was devastated.

Breakfast time! Tell me about the free breakfast. Is it worth dragging myself out of bed for?

This is where the *real* drama unfolds, folks. Okay, the breakfast at the Holiday Inn Express… it’s free. Let's start there. You get your basic options (cereal, toast, maybe some sad-looking pastries). Sometimes there are waffles, which are a godsend. The coffee is… well, it's coffee. It'll wake you up. The eggs, as described earlier, may or may not be a culinary masterpiece. But, as much as I enjoy complaining about the breakfast, it is a good way to start the day! I, like every other human on the planet, LOVE waffles.

Okay, so... parking? City parking is a monster. What can I expect?

Parking? Brace yourself. Parking in Baltimore, especially around game days, is an adventure. The hotel *might* have its own parking, which is a major win. If not… street parking is a lottery. Bring your patience, and maybe some good walking shoes. Sometimes you can find a garage. The cost is usually a surprise. And, if you’re *really* unlucky… you might experience the legendary Baltimore Parking Enforcement. I once lost my car for two days. It was *not* a fun experience. I would have to pay a ton of money... But, I got a good story out of it.

What if something goes wrong? Like, *really* wrong? (God forbid!)

Okay, deep breaths. If the room is a disaster, complain. Politely. If the plumbing fails, complain. If the breakfast is truly inedible, (you guessed it) complain. Holiday Inn Express has procedures. Sometimes, though, things *do* go sideways. I once had a fire alarm go off at 3 AM, and spent an hour in the freezing cold in my jammies. I also remember when the elevator broke, and the wait took *forever*. When it comes to truly awful situations, I try to treat it like a story. Because it *is*. It makes for a good memory. And a good story makes for a good trip.

Is this "Getaway" good for families? Or a romantic getaway? Is it good, period?

Good questions! It *could* be great for families! But also… could be a disaster. Kids love baseball and it's good to get some family time in. It *could* be a romantic getaway. But the reality is … let's be honest. I'm not one for romance. A good bed, fresh coffee, and a decent game? That's about right. The "good" depends on how much you enjoy baseball or football. If you despise both, skip the getaway. This package is for sports fans! If you're flexible, happy to roll with the punches (and a potentially slightly questionable breakfast), and love a good game, then… it could be pretty darn awesome! Just lower your expectations and bring some sanitizing wipes! And maybe your own pillow. And DEFINITELY some snacks!

What should I pack for the ultimate Baltimore Stadiums Getaway?

Pack light! (hah!). First off: Comfortable shoes! You'll be doing a lot of walking. Then: Your team's gear. A hat, a jersey, maybe a crazy foam finger. Sunscreen, even if it’s cloudy (Baltimore can be sneaky). A portable charger for your phone (you *will* want to take a million photos). Snacks (for the game AND the possibility of a breakfast disaster). Sanitizing wipes (see above). A good attitude. Extra cash (for parking… and maybe a celebratory beer). And, perhaps most importantly: a sense of humor. Because, trust me, you’re going to need it.
Hotel Bliss Search

Holiday Inn Express Baltimore At The Stadiums By IHG Baltimore (MD) United States

Holiday Inn Express Baltimore At The Stadiums By IHG Baltimore (MD) United States

Holiday Inn Express Baltimore At The Stadiums By IHG Baltimore (MD) United States

Holiday Inn Express Baltimore At The Stadiums By IHG Baltimore (MD) United States

Post a Comment for "Baltimore Stadiums Getaway: Unbeatable Holiday Inn Express Deal!"