
Racine's BEST Kept Secret: Knights Inn Mount Pleasant - Unbeatable Deals!
Racine's "BEST Kept Secret" – Knights Inn Mount Pleasant: Deal or Disaster? Buckle Up, Buttercups! (A Rambling Review)
Alright, folks, let's cut the crap, shall we? This isn't a glossy brochure. This is real life, and my experience at the Knights Inn Mount Pleasant – the self-proclaimed "Unbeatable Deals" champion – deserves the full, unvarnished, and probably slightly chaotic treatment. So, grab a cuppa (hopefully one you made yourself, 'cause… you'll see), and let's dive in.
Metadata & SEO, Ugh… Let's Get This Over With:
- Keywords: Mount Pleasant Hotel, Wisconsin, Knights Inn Review, Budget Hotel, Accessible Hotel, Free Wi-Fi, Swimming Pool, Clean Hotel, Breakfast, Pet-Friendly Hotels, Racine, Deals, Affordable, Family-Friendly, Spa, Fitness Center, Restaurant, Bar
- (Apologies to the SEO gods. I'm trying!)
Accessibility – The "Meh" Factor
Look, accessibility is important. And the Knights Inn Mount Pleasant, well, they try. They claim to have facilities for disabled guests. The elevator is, thankfully, functioning. But it's not exactly a ramp-filled wonderland. My companion, bless her heart, uses a walker, and while she could navigate the main areas, the "accessible" rooms… let's just say a little more space wouldn't hurt. The bathroom? Functional. Comfortable? Nope. I'd put it in the "tolerable" category, but hey, at least there were grab bars. Silver linings, people. Silver linings.
The Great Wi-Fi War of '23: My Personal Internet Saga
Oh, the Wi-Fi! The bane of my digital existence. Remember those early internet days? The dial-up screaming? Well, sometimes, at the Knights Inn, it felt like we were still in the dial-up era. The promise of "Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!" is tempting, I won't lie. But let's be honest. It lived up to its name, in its own way. The Wi-Fi, let's just say, it was intermittent. There were times when my laptop felt like a paperweight. And, remember, if you need to use Internet [LAN], it is available. I wasn't thrilled. And as the internet is mentioned so often, the fact there are Internet services at all is a bonus. The Wi-Fi in public areas, however, sometimes seemed to work faster. So there's that. I spent one afternoon basically tethered to the lobby, trying to upload a rather important video. Let's just say my frustration got the better of me. And the receptionist might have heard a few choice words muttered under my breath.
The Sanitization Symphony (or Lack Thereof)
Let's talk Covid. Because, let's face it, it's still out there. The Knights Inn claims to take things seriously. Professional-grade sanitizing services are supposedly in effect. Daily disinfection in common areas, Room sanitization between stays, Hand sanitizer placed everywhere (thank goodness!). The staff are trained in safety protocol. But… I'm gonna be honest. Did it feel like a gleaming, germ-free palace? Not exactly. I'm not saying they weren't doing anything, but the overall vibe was less "sterilized sanctuary" and more "kinda clean, mostly". The breakfast area, particularly, was… well, the less said about the breakfast and its questionable hygiene, the better. I never ate anything, instead opting for the breakfast takeaway service. The whole thing felt awkward. Maybe I'm just paranoid. (I probably am.) But the lack of a deep, deep clean made me super anxious and worried.
Dining, Drinking, and the Culinary Cliffhangers
Okay, here's where things get… interesting. See, the Knights Inn does have some options, though I wouldn't say its food is the best.
- Restaurants: They have some, but I wouldn't describe them as a "culinary highlight".
- Bar: There's a bar. It has booze. You probably won't get poisoned.
- Poolside bar: Sadly I never got to visit.
- Room service: Yes, but it's 24-hour. Does that mean it's any good? No.
- Asian cuisine in restaurant/ International cuisine in restaurant: There are some options.
- Happy hour: There's a happy hour!
- Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop: There are places where you can get coffee/tea at the restaurant or coffee shop.
As for the food itself, well, it's your standard hotel fare. I did have a (pre-packaged) bottle of water. There was a buffet in the restaurant with Breakfast [buffet] options, but I chickened out. I did see a salad in the restaurant which wasn't bad. And, in a bizarre twist, they claim to have a vegetarian restaurant. Honestly, the whole dining experience was a bit of a beige blur.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax (Or, The "Spa" Mirage)
Right, the "relaxing" options. This is where things get truly questionable. The swimming pool [outdoor] was actually pretty decent. Cleanish, at least. The pool by the view, where swimming pool is on display, was in fact a nice view. As for the spa? Forget about it. Or maybe it did exist, but the whole place was such a maze that I just never found it. Maybe it's a secret, a hidden oasis of relaxation. Maybe I just wandered around like a lost puppy. Regardless, don't arrive expecting a luxurious spa experience.
- Gym/fitness - Not great if I am to be honest. Small and not well kept.
- Sauna - It had something, but I could not find it.
- Steamroom - The same.
Cleanliness and Safety – The Constant Worry
Here's where I have to be brutally honest. Cleanliness was… a concern. I mentioned the Covid protocols, but the rooms, while appearing clean-ish, had a lingering something in the air. The carpets, while having a carpeting on the floor, looked worn. I'm not saying it was a disaster area, but it definitely wasn't pristine. The staff trained in safety protocol, were generally amicable. There was a front desk [24-hour]. The CCTV in common areas seemed to be working. The smoke detector seemed to be working. Fire extinguisher. Security [24-hour]. All the basics were seemingly in place at least, and that is a plus. They will protect you at least.
The Room – My Temporary Cave of Solitude
Okay, the room itself. This is where the "budget" part of the equation really shines.
- Bed: The extra long bed was comfortable.
- Air conditioning: It worked. Praise be!
- Desk: There was a desk, which I appreciated.
- Closet: Closet was an important closet.
- Coffee/tea maker: It worked.
- Refrigerator: The refrigerator chilled things.
- Bathroom: It did what it needed to do.
- The blackout curtains were amazing.
- Free Wi-Fi I have previously stated.
- There was a wake-up service but it was unused.
Services and Conveniences – The Glimmer of Hope
Okay, on the plus side, the Knights Inn does have some conveniences.
- Elevator: Yay! Elevator on-site.
- Cash withdrawal: Nice to have.
- Laundry service: Useful.
- Luggage storage: Always a plus.
- Daily housekeeping: Meh.
- Air conditioning in public area: Nice.
- Parking: I believe the Car park [free of charge] was free. Which is a plus.
For the Kids (If You Dare…)
I didn't bring any kids with me. But they do have Family/child friendly options.
Getting Around – Car, Car, Everywhere
You'll need a car.
- Safe Park: The Car park [free of charge] was a safe park.
The Verdict: Unbeatable Deals?… Maybe…But with a Side of "Meh"
Look, is the Knights Inn Mount Pleasant a terrible hotel? No. Is it a great hotel? Also, no. It's a budget hotel. You get what you pay for. The deals might be "unbeatable" if you're truly on a shoestring budget. The price, to be fair, was pretty cheap. But prepare for some imperfections. Prepare for spotty Wi-Fi. Prepare for potentially questionable cleanliness. Prepare for a vaguely underwhelming experience
Hyatt Place Houston Northwest: Vintage Park's Luxury Oasis Awaits!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into a weekend in Racine, Wisconsin, a place I imagine is about as exciting as watching paint dry… but hey, adventure finds you, right? And this itinerary? Well, it's less "slick travel brochure" and more "slightly panicked, caffeine-fueled ramble of a human trying to survive in the Midwest."
Friday: Arrival and the "Oh God, Where Are We?" Phase
- 2:00 PM: Arrive at the Knights Inn in Racine. Okay, first impressions… It's a Knights Inn. Let's just say, the website photos might have benefited from a generous smattering of filters. The carpet is a shade of beige that vaguely resembles old library books. My inner critic is already whispering, "This is a mistake." But, hey, a bed is a bed, and at least the AC seems to be working. Fingers crossed!
- 2:30 PM: Unpack. Or, attempt to unpack. One suitcase exploding onto the bed is almost unavoidable. My travel companion, let's call him "Greg," is already grumbling under his breath about the lack of "continental breakfast." Greg is a creature of habit and routine. I, on the other hand, thrive in chaos. We are destined for a rocky but a truly memorable trip.
- 3:00 PM: The Great Search for Food. This is where the real adventure begins… or, more accurately, where my stomach begins to rumble with the fury of a thousand Vikings. Google Maps is our only friend. We stumble across a diner that, from the outside, looks like it hasn't been updated since the Eisenhower era. I'm strangely drawn to it. The neon sign is flickering, and inside, I bet they serve REAL coffee, the kind that could prop up the leaning tower of Pisa.
- 3:30 PM: Diner Deep Dive. The diner! It's PERFECT. The waitress, a woman named Carol with a beehive and a cigarette in her ear, greets us with a "Well, how ya doin', dears?" We order burgers and fries. The fries are exactly the kind you get at diners, maybe even the best I've had yet. The coffee is strong enough to fuel a small rocket ship. I'm suddenly feeling a whole lot better about this whole Racine thing. Greg is still complaining about the lack of avocado toast. Oh, well. I'm too busy, for the first time since arriving, enjoying life.
- 5:00 PM: A slight detour to the grocery store. The hotel room fridge is a lonely place. Need beer and snacks, stat. Also, chips. Can never have enough chips.
- 7:00 PM: Back at the hotel. Trying to watch TV, but the remote is a labyrinth of buttons. The channels are a mystery. I give up and stare out the window. What is there to see? Oh, wait. Just a parking lot. Well, at least the sky is pretty.
Saturday: Culture and the Unexpected (Maybe Not in That Order)
- 9:00 AM: Attempt at the continental breakfast. Okay, maybe Greg was right. The "continental breakfast" is a sad affair of lukewarm coffee and suspiciously pale pastries. We sneak out and hit a local coffee shop that actually seems to serve decent coffee.
- 10:00 AM: Racine Art Museum. Okay, this is actually pretty cool. Who knew Racine had an art museum? We wander through the galleries, making witty (or what we think are witty) comments about the art. There's a particularly bizarre installation featuring glass sculptures, and I swear I saw Greg almost touch one! He denied it.
- 12:00 PM: Hot Dogs and History. We find a local hot dog stand. This is where the real fun begins. I am convinced these hot dogs are the work of angels. I order two. Greg just asks for mustard.
- 1:00 PM: Drive-by of Frank Lloyd Wright's SC Johnson Administration Building. It's impressive, even from a distance. I'm no architecture buff, but even I can appreciate the grandeur of this place.
- 2:00 PM: The Chocolate Factory! Okay, here's where I lose my mind. We stumble upon a local chocolate factory… and the chocolate is a religious experience. Let me just say, I may have bought a significant amount of chocolate. I am ashamed, but not enough to stop me from eating all of it. Greg just wants a Diet Coke at this point. This is why we are best friends.
- 4:00 PM: Exploring a small antique shop. More for Greg than myself. He actually found something cool. A weird-looking tea pot. Said it was a "steal."
- 6:00 PM: Dinner in Mount Pleasant. We went to an Italian restaurant. Mediocre. Nothing to write home about.
- 8:00 PM: Return to the hotel. More beer and chips. More TV-induced existential dread.
Sunday: The Escape (At Last!)
- 9:00 AM: Repeat of the dismal breakfast situation. I start to question the concept of "breakfast" entirely.
- 10:00 AM: Another coffee shop run. This time, the coffee is even better. Or maybe I'm just delirious from chocolate withdrawal.
- 11:00 AM: Checking out of the Knights Inn. We're free! It was a fun experience, and one that will be shared with my friends for years to come.
- 11:30 AM: The Drive Home. Goodbye, Racine! Until next time, you quirky, unexpected place. I’m not sure I’ll miss the beige carpet or the questionable coffee, but I will definitely miss the surprisingly good hot dogs and that chocolate!
And that's it. The story of a weekend in Racine, Wisconsin. It wasn't perfect. It wasn't polished. But it was ours. And hey, that's what counts, right? Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a chocolate coma to recover from. And maybe Greg can find us some avocado toast on the way home.
Escape to Oregon Coast Paradise: Depoe Bay's BEST Travelodge Awaits!
Okay, let's be real: "BEST Kept Secret"? Is that a joke? What *is* the Knights Inn Mount Pleasant, and why should I care?
"Unbeatable Deals!" What does that *actually* mean? Like, how cheap are we talkin'? Spill the tea! (Or, y’know, the lukewarm complimentary coffee…)
The rooms... are they... *clean*? I'm not expecting the Ritz, but I also don't want to star in a horror movie.
The location! What's around there? Am I going to be stuck in a desolate wasteland?
Okay, so, the *real* question... Is there a pool? Because if there's no pool, I'm out. (Just kidding... mostly.)
What about breakfast? Is there at least some kind of complimentary coffee/pastries situation? Because a girl’s gotta caffeinate.
I heard there was a mix-up with my room once and the staff were… less than helpful. Honest opinions, please!
Okay, you've intrigued me (or maybe scared me a little). What's your OVERALL verdict? Should I book it?


Post a Comment for "Racine's BEST Kept Secret: Knights Inn Mount Pleasant - Unbeatable Deals!"