
Escape to Paradise: Hammock Beach Golf Resort & Spa Awaits!
Escape to Paradise: Hammock Beach – Where Paradise Tries to Get Its Act Together (Mostly)
Okay, so Hammock Beach Golf Resort & Spa… the name alone whispers promises of lazy days and sun-kissed skin. And, honestly? Parts of it deliver. Parts… not so much. Let's dive in, shall we? Forget the polished travel brochures; this is my brutally honest, caffeine-fueled take.
Accessibility: A Mixed Bag, Bless Their Hearts.
Look, I'm not a wheelchair user, but I did take a good look around. The basics seem covered: elevators are present, and there’s a nod towards accessible rooms. But it's the little things… the sometimes-steep ramps, the hallways that aren't quite wide enough for two wheelchairs, the occasional door that’s a bit sticky… you get the picture. They try, and that's something. Just don't expect perfection.
- Metadata: Accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Facilities for disabled guests, Elevator, Ramps, Room layouts.
Internet: Bless Technology (and the Lack Thereof, Sometimes).
Free Wi-Fi in all rooms? YES! Praise the digital gods! My sanity depends on internet access. The in-room Wi-Fi was… generally okay. Sometimes it vanished into the ether, but a quick restart usually fixed it. More reliable in the lobby, but who wants to be tethered to the lobby when you have a balcony overlooking the ocean? Sigh. The hotel gets points for trying, but the tech needs a bit of a tune-up.
- Metadata: Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!, Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet services, Wi-Fi in public areas, Laptop workspace.
Things to Do (and Ways to Get Your Zen On): Spa Day Dreams & Fitness Fails.
Alright, let's get to the good stuff. The Spa. Oh my god, the spa. Okay, okay, deep breaths. The whole spa experience was… chef’s kiss. I booked myself a massage, and I swear, I melted into the massage bed like a scoop of ice cream on a Florida summer day. The masseuse (Bless her hands!) was amazing. The body scrub? Divine. The sauna? Heavenly. The hot stone massage? Absolutely worth every penny. The relaxation room felt like stumbling into a cloud, and the pool view was a cherry on top. I’d go back just for the spa. Seriously, this is the highlight of the hotel.
- Metadata: Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool.
- Quirky Observation: I spent a good twenty minutes just staring at the pool with a view, thinking about all the life choices that had led me to that moment. 10/10 would recommend.
Now, the fitness center… well, let's just say it was there. Adequate, but not exactly inspiring. I attempted to run on the treadmill (because I clearly enjoy self-inflicted torture) and almost tripped over my own feet. My advice? Stick to the pool and the spa.
Cleanliness & Safety: Pandemic Protocols & The Ever-Present Fear of Germs.
During this whole pandemic situation, the hotel made an effort. Signs stating safety protocols, hand sanitizer everywhere, and constant disinfecting in common areas - these are your common precautions. The rooms were cleaned, and I saw them using anti-viral cleaning products. The staff seemed genuinely trained in safety protocols. I felt relatively safe.
- Metadata: Anti-viral cleaning products, Cashless payment service, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Food Adventures (and Occasional Food Letdowns).
The dining situation… was a rollercoaster. The restaurants offered a range: a la carte, breakfast buffets (which was a nice way to start the day), and poolside bars. The Asian cuisine was surprisingly delicious. There's a coffee shop for a quick caffeine fix. And the happy hour… well, let's just say it was happy.
But, and there's always a 'but', there were moments of… meh. Some dishes were bland, and service could be slow at times. The poolside bar, while convenient, served some pretty forgettable cocktails. Overall, the food wasn’t the main event, and the resort would benefit from a menu overhaul.
- Metadata: A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant.
Services and Conveniences: The Good, the Bad, and the Slightly Confusing.
The daily housekeeping was great. I appreciate a clean room! The concierge was mostly helpful, although I did get some conflicting information at one point. The convenience store was, well, convenient. The gift shop was also a nice touch for buying souvenirs.
- Metadata: Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center.
For the Kids: A Family-Friendly Fortress (Probably, I Don't Have Kids).
I saw a lot of families, and it seems like Hammock Beach caters well to that crowd. They have kids facilities, a babysitting service, and kids meals. The whole place feels family-friendly. It is.
- Metadata: Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal.
The Rooms: Pretty, But Not Perfect.
The room itself was comfortable. The bed was comfy. The blackout curtains were a godsend, helping me sleep some extra hours. There's a desk for work (if you have to), a mini-bar, and a coffee/tea maker (thank goodness). But the décor felt slightly dated, a refresh is needed. No complaints about the in-room Wi-Fi!
- Metadata: Additional toilet, Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.
Getting Around: Easy Peasy, Mostly.
Valet parking is available; there is free self-parking, and you can also use the taxi service .
- Metadata: Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking.
Security: Safe and Sound.
The property is safe.
- Metadata: Access, CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Check-in/out [express], Check-in/out [private], Couple's room, Exterior corridor, Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour], Hotel chain, Non-smoking rooms, Pets allowed unavailablePets allowed, Proposal spot, Room decorations, Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms, Soundproof rooms.
Overall Impression: Paradise Adjacent (But Worth It for the Spa!).
Hammock Beach is striving for paradise, and sometimes, it actually gets there. It does have its flaws – the occasional tech glitch, the inconsistent food, the dated decor. But the resort is generally worth it.
The Verdict: If you're considering Hammock Beach, GO. But… manage your expectations. Go for the spa, go for the sunshine, and go prepared for a few minor imperfections. If you want luxury, this is a mixed bag, this is a good resort, not great.
Wingate Miami Airport: Your Paradise Awaits (Free Airport Shuttle!)
Alright, alright, buckle up buttercups. We’re ditching the pristine brochures and diving headfirst into my Hammock Beach Golf Resort and Spa… experience. Consider this, like, a very long, slightly unhinged postcard.
Day 1: Arrival & That Initial "Oh, Wow"
- Morning (aka, The Great Luggage Massacre): Arrived, slightly frazzled, after a flight that felt like the airline had personally weaponized stale pretzels. Seriously, I think I saw a small child fashion a catapult out of a peanuts bag. We're talking luggage-stuffed-into-the-car chaos. My husband, bless his heart, takes charge, muttering something about "organized chaos" as he attempts to Tetris-stack our suitcases.
- Early Afternoon: Checking In & That Goddamn View: Okay, the lobby? Absolutely gorgeous. Gleaming marble, the scent of money and maybe a hint of something floral. The room…the room, people, was where I almost burst into tears. That view over the Atlantic… the ocean looked like someone had just thrown a massive, sparkling blue party. I literally gasped. My jaw actually dropped. It's a moment I'm going to replay in my mind when I'm, you know, stuck doing laundry.
- Afternoon: Poolside Bliss… With a Side of Sunburn: The pool. Pure, unadulterated relaxation. I had grand visions of myself sipping cocktails and floating serenely. What actually happened? Well, I forgot sunscreen (rookie mistake), got completely lost in a trashy novel, and ended up resembling a boiled lobster. Lesson learned: Sunscreen is your friend, and trashy novels are a gateway drug to forgetting basic human needs.
Day 2: Golf (My Husband's Nirvana, My… Adventure)
- Morning: The Curse of the Golf Cart. Let's get one thing straight. I am not a golfer. But, my husband, he loves it. So, I agreed to join him. Cue the golf cart, which I, in my infinite wisdom, decided to “help" navigate. Let me just say that our score wasn't what you might call "impressive." In fact, I think we spent more time in the sand traps than on the fairway. At one point, I swear I saw a squirrel give me a look that said, "Lady, you're holding up the game." Embarrassing.
- Late Afternoon: Spa Time (Ahem, Pure Heaven): The spa? Oh hell yes. This is where I found my inner peace. Booked myself in for a massage. I’m telling you, my muscles, which were probably still tense from my golfing adventures, practically melted. The masseuse, whose hands were like little angels, kneaded away all my stress. It was so good I almost fell asleep, right there under the skilled fingers. The best part? The blissful silence broken only by the soft music and the gentle scent of aromatherapy oils. That was, until, my stomach began to rumble, like a tiny, insistent monster demanding sustenance.
- Evening: Dinner Debacle and a Moonlight Stroll: The restaurant felt "fancy" like a scene out of a rom-com, which is a total lie, because that was the beginning of the evening's mess. The food? Pretty good. Service? A little slow. Overall rating: Worth it. But the real fun started when we tried to take a romantic moonlight stroll on the beach. The moonlight? GORGEOUS. Romantic? Potentially. Then, I tripped on a rogue piece of driftwood and nearly ate sand. My response? Loud, involuntary laughter. My husband? Trying to act like that wasn't the funniest thing he'd ever seen. We made it back to the room, slightly sandy, very happy, and the perfect reminder that perfection is overrated.
Day 3: Beaches, Burgers, and the Endless Ocean
- Morning: Beach Day (Part 1: The Quest for the Perfect Spot): The beach at Hammock Beach is vast and glorious. We walked, we explored, we argued over the best spot to set up our "command center" (read: beach chairs, umbrella, cooler full of sugary drinks). The sand? Pristine. The waves? Just strong enough to be fun.
- Lunch: Burger Bliss (and Possibly an Argument About Condiments): Hit up a casual beachside spot for lunch. Burgers, fries, the whole shebang. My husband, being a condiment connoisseur, engaged in a heated debate with the waitress about the proper ratio of ketchup to mustard. I, of course, remained neutral (mostly because I was too busy devouring my burger).
- Afternoon: Beach Day (Part 2: The Great Nap of 2024): Lounged, read, watched the waves. Took a glorious nap under the umbrella. Woke up feeling like a new person. Sunscreen, this time, was properly applied. A triumph!
- Evening: Drinks with a view - the moment they took away the last day: A quiet drink on our balcony, the ocean still roaring in the background, the stars starting to sprinkle themselves across the sky. This is what I remember as the best part of the day, and also a moment that makes me sad because it meant tomorrow was the day we would leave.
Day 4: Farewell (For Real This Time)
- Morning: Last Breakfast and Bitterest Goodbyes: One last breakfast, soaking up the last bit of that ocean view. The omelets were good, but the feeling of, "I have to go back to reality," was not so good. Packing, a necessary evil, the last thing I did before saying goodbye to our room.
- Departure & The Drive Home (Reality Bites): The drive home. Long. The car was quiet, except for our own thoughts and the sounds of the road. As we drove away, my mood shifted, I felt happy because I knew I'd be coming back.
Okay, so maybe this wasn’t a perfect trip. But it was real. It was messy. It was funny. And it made me want to go back to Hammock Beach and do it all over again, with slightly better sunscreen application and maybe a less clumsy approach to the golf cart. Until next time!
Escape to Days Inn Monett: Your Missouri Getaway Awaits!
Escape to Paradise: Hammock Beach Golf Resort & Spa - Is It *Really* Paradise? Let's Get Real...
Okay, Spill the Beans. Is Hammock Beach *Actually* Worth the Hype?
The Rooms: Are They Actually as Luxurious as the Website Thinks They Are? (Asking for a Friend... mostly myself.)
That Golf Course... The Ocean Course. Is It as Brutal as the Legends Say? (And More Importantly, Is It *Fun?*)
The Spa at Hammock Beach: Is the Bliss Real? Did You Actually Melt?
Let's Talk Food. Is There Anything Other Than Lobster (and Bank-Breaking Prices)?
Things To Do Besides Golf and Spa-ing? Am I Stuck Doing *Just* Those?
The Kids? Is Hammock Beach Kid-Friendly? (Because, you know, I might bring them next time...)
What's the Atmosphere Like? Is It Stuffy or Relaxed?


Post a Comment for "Escape to Paradise: Hammock Beach Golf Resort & Spa Awaits!"