
Hyatt Place Mt. Laurel: Your NJ Getaway Awaits!
Hyatt Place Mt. Laurel: My NJ Getaway… Or Maybe Not? (A Rambling Review)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this ain’t your average, sterile hotel review. This is me, fresh off a stay at the Hyatt Place Mt. Laurel, NJ, and frankly, I'm still processing. "Your NJ Getaway Awaits!" the website chirped. A getaway? Well, it definitely awaited… me, with open arms and… well, let’s just say a few minor hiccups.
(SEO & Metadata Smattering - gotta get that Google juice!):
- Keywords: Hyatt Place Mt. Laurel, NJ, Hotel Review, Accessibility, Spa, Restaurant, Pool, Free Wi-Fi, Mt. Laurel Hotels, New Jersey Travel, Family-Friendly Hotel, Business Travel, Pet-Friendly (kinda), Cleanliness, Safety, Amenities.
- Metadata Description: A brutally honest (and hopefully funny) review of the Hyatt Place Mt. Laurel, NJ. Discover the good, the bad, and the ugly (that lingering coffee stain, anyone?) focusing on accessibility, amenities, food, and my general emotional rollercoaster of a stay.
First Impressions & the Wait, What? Moment
The lobby? Clean. Sleek. Pretty standard Hyatt. The staff? Generally friendly, though the check-in process felt about as efficient as trying to herd cats. (More on that later.) They did have a decent selection of hand sanitizer readily available, which, in this post-pandemic world, is a massive plus. (Cleanliness and safety: check!) They're clearly trying.
The elevator was, thankfully, (Services and conveniences: Elevator YES!) clean and swift, and the exterior corridor… well, let's just say it reminded me of a scene from a slightly-less-glamorous episode of Law & Order. (Exterior corridor: YES!)
Then came the room. Now, I specifically requested a non-smoking room. (Non-smoking rooms: YES!) And that was confirmed. But stepping in, the air felt… slightly… stale. Not like smoky stale, but that "been-closed-up-for-a-while" kind of stale. You know? Like grandma's attic.
(Rooms - The Actual Breakdown): Well, here's where things get personal…
- Available in All Rooms (YES!): Air conditioning: Worked a charm (thank goodness!). Alarm clock: Present, but I just used my phone. Bathrobes: Nope. Sadly, those are the luxuries of a nicer hotel. Bathroom phone: Seriously? Who even uses those anymore? Bathtub: Yeah, a decent one. Blackout curtains: Wonderful! Finally, some real sleep! Carpeting: A little worn, a little… questionable. Closet: Adequate. Coffee/tea maker: Yes! Essential. Complimentary tea: Yes, but it tasted like lukewarm paper. Daily housekeeping: I think… (more on that later). Desk: Perfect for laptop work. Extra long bed: Yes! (Crucial for a tall person like myself.) Free bottled water: A couple. Hair dryer: Worked. High floor: Nope. In-room safe box: Present but unused. Interconnecting room(s) available: Not sure. Internet access – LAN: Didn’t use. Internet access – wireless: Worked fine. Ironing facilities: Iron and board, yep. Laptop workspace: Yup. Linens: Clean. Mini bar: Empty. Mirror: Yay! Non-smoking: (We discussed this). On-demand movies: Didn't bother. Private bathroom: Yes. Reading light: Yes. Refrigerator: Tiny. Safety/security feature: Smoke detector present! Satellite/cable channels: Plenty. Scale: Nope. Good riddance! Seating area: A comfy sofa. Separate shower/bathtub: YES. Shower: Fine. Slippers: Nope. Smoke detector: (Covered). Socket near the bed: YES! Sofa: Comfort zone. Soundproofing: Okay, but I could still hear the hallway chatter. Telephone: Another relic. Toiletries: Basic, but adequate. Towels: Clean. Umbrella: Nope. Visual alarm: I didn’t notice one. Wake-up service: Never needed it! Wi-Fi [free]: Works well. Window that opens: Nope. Boo.
The "Accessibility" Angle (Because It Matters):
Now, being an able-bodied person, I can't fully judge this, but they do list "Facilities for disabled guests." (Services and conveniences: Facilities for disabled guests: YES!) I saw an elevator, (Services and conveniences: Elevator: YES!) which is a huge plus. The website states the have rooms with "accessible features." I noticed ramps and level access, which is encouraging. I'll be honest, I didn't deep-dive on this, but the potential is there. They seem to be trying. (Accessibility: Generally appearing okay.)
The On-Site Eating & Drinking Saga ("May Contain Nuts… And Disappointment")
They have a restaurant. Yay! (Dining, drinking, and snacking: Restaurants: YES!) And a bar. Double yay! (Dining, drinking, and snacking: Bar: YES!) They offer room service. (Dining, drinking, and snacking: Room service [24-hour]: YES!) This is where things got… interesting.
- Breakfast [buffet]: Yep. (Dining, drinking, and snacking: Breakfast [buffet]: YES!) The buffet was… fine. Standard hotel fare. (Again, don't expect Michelin stars.) They had your usual suspects: eggs (scrambled, not exactly fluffy), bacon (slightly crispy), toast (toast), and a dizzying array of sugary cereals. The coffee was… well, let's just say it claimed to be coffee. (Dining, drinking, and snacking: Coffee/tea in restaurant: YES!)
- Lunch/Dinner: The menu was pretty standard hotel-chain fare: burgers, salads, pasta. I ordered a burger. Let’s just say, it was edible. (Dining, drinking, and snacking: International cuisine in restaurant: YES!) The fries were… well, they were fries. I asked about vegetarian options. They had… something. I can't remember exactly what, but I got the impression it was an afterthought, not something the restaurant cared about. (Dining, drinking, and snacking: Vegetarian restaurant: Possibly an option.)
- My biggest food complaint? The service was… slow. Painfully slow. One morning I waited an eternity for a coffee refill. They seemed understaffed. The staff were friendly, but overworked. It was chaotic.
- Poolside bar: (If you like the pool)
- Coffee shop: N/A (I think)
- Snack bar: N/A
- Desserts in restaurant: Don't remember (maybe there was some).
- Asian breakfast/cuisine: Unavailable (at the time of my visit).
- Western breakfast/cuisine: Available
- Bottle of water: Available
- A la carte in restaurant: Available
- Alternative meal arrangement: Not discussed.
- Happy hour: They have a happy hour! Didn't make because I was hungry and wanting my burger.
- Soup in restaurant: Possibly (did not check.)
- Salad in restaurant: Available
The "Relax and Unwind" Angle (Or, Where My Expectations Tanked)
Okay, the website advertised these amenities. (Ways to relax: YES!). Let's break it down:
- Swimming pool: Yes, an outdoor pool, and it looked… okay. (Swimming pool: YES!) (I didn't swim, it was cold.)
- Fitness center: Looked like a standard hotel gym. (Fitness center: YES!) They had treadmills and weights. Fine if you're into that.
- Spa: Nope. Absolutely not.
- Sauna, Steamroom, Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Massage: I didn't see any evidence of these. (False advertising alert?) The website mentions “Spa/sauna.” (Spa/sauna: YES!) Again, didn't see it, therefore, I cannot make a fully-formed comment.
Cleanliness & Safety (Trying to Stay Positive):
- Anti-viral cleaning products: They probably used them, but you can't tell.
- Hand sanitizer: Plentiful.
- Daily disinfection in common areas: Probably.
- Rooms sanitized between stays: Hopefully.
- Staff trained in safety protocol: Seems it, though I saw no staff wiping down elevators.
The "Services & Conveniences" – Mixed Bag:
- Air conditioning in public area: Yes.
- Business facilities: Basic.
- Cash withdrawal: (Probably.)
- Concierge: (Probably at the front desk.)
- Convenience store: No, but there was a vending

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into a Hyatt Place in Mount Laurel, New Jersey, and, let's be honest, it's shaping up to be less "glamorous getaway" and more "slightly chaotic quest for free breakfast." Here's the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth…so help me, Aunt Mildred and her collection of ceramic cats. Day 1: Arrival, Airport Anxiety, and the Great Hotel Room Hunt of '24
- 7:00 AM: Wake up in a cold sweat. Did I pack enough socks? (Always the central question.) Run through my mental checklist of things I could have forgotten. Panic sets in, a familiar friend.
- 8:00 AM: Actually, scratch that, I'm already running late. The Uber driver is giving me the stink eye, a very familiar feeling with my timing. Forget breakfast, grab a lukewarm coffee from the bodega and hope for the best.
- 9:00 AM: Arrive at the airport. Holy moly, the security line…it's a swirling vortex of stressed parents, overstuffed carry-ons, and the faint smell of desperation. Breathe. Remember to remove the belt. Okay, maybe the belt was a mistake.
- 11:00 AM: Land in Philly! Actually excited, even the airport smells like Aunt Mildred's perfume.
- 11:30 AM: Car rental. Cue the usual dance: "Do you really need the insurance? I have a perfect driving record!" (Narrator: He did not.) Eventually, surrender (as always) and acquire a hatchback of questionable cleanliness.
- 12:30 PM: Arrive at Hyatt Place Mount Laurel. The outside looks…beige. Okay, let's go in. The lobby is shiny. The woman at the front desk is wearing a ridiculously cheerful smile. I'm instantly suspicious.
- 1:00 PM: The Room. Standard Hyatt Place fare - clean, unremarkable, and smelling faintly of cleaning products. This is hotel room perfection…or it seems. I check for bedbugs. (Habit, you know?) Unpack. Assess the TV situation. Can I get the Food Network? This is crucial.
- 2:00 PM: The "Plan." (More like a loosely-formed suggestion, if we're being honest.) Drive to a local diner for some classic greasy goodness. Is it cliche? Yes. Do I care? Nope! It's just what my soul craves after the stress of travel.
- 3:30 PM: Diner Delight! Oh, glorious, grease-laden diner food! The waitress with the teased hair that looks like it hasn't moved since 1987, hands me a coffee that could wake the dead. Bacon, eggs over easy, home fries… and a side of existential dread. Is this my life now?
- 5:00 PM: Return to the hotel. Attempt to work. Fail. The lure of the comfy bed and the Food Network is far too strong.
- 7:00 PM: The Hotel Bar. Oh, the hotel bar. It beckons. I order a beer. Chat with a guy who is wearing a very loud Hawaiian shirt and who swears he just invented a revolutionary new way to make toast. I nod, smile and pretend to be interested.
- 8:00 PM: Contemplate the hotel gym. Briefly. Then decide against it because "tomorrow." Tomorrow never comes.
- 9:00 PM: Back in the room, exhausted (mostly from existing). Watch bad TV. Fall asleep before my head hits the pillow.
Day 2: Breakfast! (The Main Event) and the Quest for Authentic Jersey
- 7:00 AM: Awake! Alarm! No, wait. No alarm. Hallelujah. But hunger pangs.
- 7:30 AM: Down to breakfast. THE FREE BREAKFAST, PEOPLE! This is the real point. It's a buffet. A glorious, often sad, but still free, buffet. The waffles are tempting. The scrambled eggs… look suspiciously yellow. I load up on the fruit. (Trying to be healthy, at least pretend.)
- 8:00 AM: Coffee. Two cups. Maybe three. This morning is looking promising.
- 9:00 AM: Driving with no particular destination.
- 10:00 AM: Finally, I find it--the Garden State Discovery Museum. If it isn't cheesy, I don't want it.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch…somewhere. I ask the reception for a recommendation. "Where do the locals eat?" Hoping for some hidden gem. They suggest a chain. Sigh.
- 1:00 PM: The real Jersey moment! I drive to a roadside farm stand. I buy some Jersey tomatoes, corn on the cob, and something the farmer calls "the most delicious peach in the world." (He's right.) I sit on the side of the road and eat it, juice running down my chin. This, my friends, is living.
- 2:00 PM: Another drive because I have nowhere to be.
- 4:00 PM: The return to the hotel. Rest. The world still is a messy place.
- 6:00 PM: Decide on a Pizza place. The pizza is amazing. I can safely call the this the second best thing that ever happened here (first is the breakfast).
- 8:00 PM: Back in the room. Stare at the ceiling. Contemplate the meaning of life. Or at least, what to watch on TV.
- 9:00 PM: Actually sleep. No more thinking.
Day 3: Departure and the lingering scent of free waffles
- 7:00 AM: Wake up in a bad mood. Packing is always awful.
- 7:30 AM: Breakfast. The final breakfast! Savor those slightly rubbery eggs. Take a waffle…a little nostalgia.
- 8:30 AM: Check out. The cheerful front desk lady still smiling. I'm vaguely terrified she knows about my pizza binge of the night before.
- 9:00 AM: Drive back to the airport. The car rental return is less dramatic than the pick-up, thank goodness.
- 10:00 AM: Airport security is much better this time. A sign! I'm getting better at this.
- 11:00 AM: Flight. Take-off. See the world from above.
- 12:00 PM: Goodbye, Mount Laurel! Goodbye, free breakfast! Goodbye, slightly disappointing but ultimately comfortable hotel room! Until next time…and I suspect there will be a next time, given my general sense of aimlessness. I’ll try to improve, I tell myself. I always do.
This is a snapshot of my trip. It's not perfect, it's not polished, it's not even particularly well-planned. But it's honest. And sometimes, that's enough. Or maybe, just maybe, I'll write a travel guide. It would definitely be one-of-a-kind. Now where's that waffle iron…?
Bulls Gap Getaway: Wyndham Super 8 Hotel Review (Amazing!)
Hyatt Place Mt. Laurel: Your NJ Adventure Starts Now (Maybe!) - FAQ's That Actually Matter (Probably)
Okay, So, What's *Actually* Good About This Place? I've Read Reviews, You Know...
Alright, honestly? This is a Hyatt Place, so manage your expectations. It's not the Ritz. But the *good* is: it’s generally clean. That's HUGE. Like, a clean hotel room? Hallelujah. The staff, mostly, are super friendly. I had one front desk guy who looked like he was having the absolute *worst* day – you could practically see the "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" swirling in his eyes – but even *he* managed a smile and a mumbled, "Have a good one." So, props to those guys.
Plus, the breakfast is actually... edible. Unlike that continental breakfast purgatory you often find. They have waffles! (Okay, they're kinda flimsy waffles, but waffles nonetheless!) The indoor pool is nice too, especially if you're escaping a Jersey summer heatwave. I brought my kids there once and it was a splash of pure, delightful chaos. I think my youngest almost swallowed a whole water bottle. (He's okay, by the way.)
What's the Deal with Parking? Is it Like, Fort Knox or What?
Parking? Okay, here's the thing. It's *free*, which is a major win in this day and age. But it’s not exactly a sprawling, never-ending expanse. It can get tight, especially if there's a conference or something. One time, I had to circle the lot like a vulture for a good fifteen minutes before I snagged a spot. I was convinced someone was going to start honking at me! My wife was ready to abandon ship and take a cab. Thankfully, a minivan (bless those people) pulled out just as I was about to explode. So, plan accordingly. Arrive early, or prepare for a mini-adventure.
The Breakfast - Is it *Really* Worth Getting Out of Bed For? I Mean, Be Honest...
Alright, let's be real. Breakfast at a hotel is rarely a Michelin-star experience. However, the Hyatt Place Mt. Laurel breakfast is…fine. It’s better than the sad little muffins and day-old bagels you often encounter. There are those mentioned waffles (important!), eggs, some sad-looking (but functional) sausage, fruit, yogurt…the usual suspects. I usually hit it up because, hey, it’s free food, and I’m cheap. Plus, if you’re traveling with kids, it’s a lifesaver. It's like a pre-packaged "feed the monsters" solution. Don't expect gourmet. Do expect to be moderately satisfied.
BUT! One time, I was there, and they had…wait for it…a *bacon bar*! Like, crispy, delicious bacon, piled high. It was glorious. That day, yes. Absolutely worth getting out of bed. I'll be honest, I probably ate a whole pound of it. I’m still chasing that high. It hasn’t happened since. It’s the white whale of Hyatt Place breakfasts…the one I'll keep chasing.
Are the Rooms Comfortable? Like, Can You Actually SLEEP?
Comfort? Yeah, they’re generally okay. The beds are usually…fine. Not amazing. Not terrible. Just…there. I’m a light sleeper, and I've definitely heard the occasional slamming door or noisy HVAC unit. Bring earplugs, just in case. And pray you don’t get stuck next to the ice machine. That’s a rookie mistake.
The rooms themselves are spacious enough. The little seating area is a nice touch, especially if you need to, oh, I don't know, frantically respond to work emails at 11 pm because your boss is a sadist. (Hypothetically speaking, of course). Sometimes, the air conditioning acts up. I had it one time where the room was freezing!! I spent the night building blanket forts. Overall…comfortable enough for a night or two. Anything longer, and you might start to yearn for the comforts of your own home (and your own bed).
What's Close By? I Need Entertainment (and Food, Obviously)
Okay, location, location, location! This is where things get…decent. You’re in Mt. Laurel, which is basically a suburban jungle of strip malls. So, you’ve got all the usual suspects: chain restaurants galore (Olive Garden, Applebee's, you name it). Movie theaters, shopping outlets, you know the drill.
If you’re up for a bit of a drive (and you *should* be, because you’re in New Jersey!), you can hit up the Jersey Shore. Philly is also doable, about a 30-45 minute drive, depending on traffic. (Beware the Schuylkill Expressway! That's a whole separate level of driving insanity). There are some cute little local restaurants if you dig around, but honestly, you're probably going to eat at a chain. It's just the way it goes. Make a reservation, just in case. Especially on weekends.
Is the WiFi Good? Because, You Know, I Need My Netflix...
The WiFi? It's usually…adequate. I haven’t had any truly catastrophic buffering situations. I’ve streamed Netflix, answered emails, and generally managed to function in the digital world. (Which is a miracle, considering my tech skills). Don’t expect lightning-fast speeds, but it’s certainly usable. If you’re a hardcore gamer, maybe bring your own personal hotspot (kidding…mostly). But for the average traveler, it gets the job done. Thank goodness.
Anything Else I Should Know Before I Book? Spill the Tea!
Okay, a few random thoughts:
- **The gym:** It exists. I think I peaked in there once, and it was…small. You probably won't develop any new muscles at the gym. Unless you're really, really into it, just skip it.
- **The indoor pool:** Nice, as mentioned! But sometimes it smells a bit strongly of chlorine, so if you're sensitive, air it out.
- **Check-in and check-out:** Standard stuff. Nothing revolutionary. Pretty quick, assuming the front desk isn't swamped (see note on the staff above).
- **The elevators:** They exist. I've never been stuck in one. (Knock on wood).
Overall, Hyatt Place Mt. Laurel is a perfectly acceptable hotel. It's not the most exciting place in the world, but it's clean, it's convenient, and it does the job. It’s perfect for a quick trip. Just don't expect anything fancy. Oh, and remember that bacon bar? Just in caseScenic Stays


Post a Comment for "Hyatt Place Mt. Laurel: Your NJ Getaway Awaits!"