
Unbelievable Deals at Super 8 Fort Frances! (ON, Canada)
Unbelievable Deals…Maybe? A Brutally Honest Review of Super 8 Fort Frances (ON) - Brace Yourself!
Alright folks, buckle up. I'm back from battling the elements (and my own procrastination) and ready to spill the beans on my recent stay at the Super 8 in Fort Frances, Ontario. The name "Unbelievable Deals" is… ambitious. Let's just say my definition of "unbelievable" and their definition might be, shall we say, slightly different.
Metadata Snippet (Because, you know, SEO and all that jazz):
- Title: Super 8 Fort Frances Review: Deals, Doubts, and Definite Opinions
- Keywords: Super 8 Fort Frances, Ontario, Hotel Review, Accessibility, Cleanliness, Breakfast, WiFi, Pool, Fort Frances Lodging, Rainy Lake, Canada Travel
- Description: A brutally honest review of Super 8 Fort Frances, covering everything from the free Wi-Fi to the questionable breakfast buffet, with a healthy dose of humor and real-world observations.
Okay, now that the robot overlords are appeased, let’s dive in.
First Impressions & Accessibility: Not a Bad Start (But Let's Be Real)
Pulling up, the exterior… well, it's a Super 8. You know the drill. Functional, not fancy. One good point? Car park [free of charge] – always a win in my book. Car park [on-site] too, and I saw a few Car power charging station (as well as Car power charging station), so points for that.
Accessibility? They've got at least some of their ducks in a row. Elevator is a lifesaver, especially after a long drive. Saw some mentions of Facilities for disabled guests, but I didn't get a chance to fully scope those out. Overall, it seemed… passable. I’d give them a tentative thumbs up here.
Rooms: The Good, the Bad, and the Moldy Towel (I Swear!)
My room? It was… a room. Air conditioning was a blessing, particularly after a sweaty day of exploring. Blackout curtains were a lifesaver too, and Soundproofing was pretty good. The bed? Decent. Not the Ritz, but not a sleep torture chamber either.
Now, for the juicy bits. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! – Hallelujah! Gotta stay connected, right? And it actually worked! Score one for Super 8. I’m also a sucker for little comforts, and Coffee/tea maker in the room? Yes, please. I used it, and it made me happy.
There was also Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless.
Here's where things get spicy. Upon entering, I was greeted with the faint aroma of… something. I'm bad at identifying scents, but let's just say it wasn't "freshly baked bread." The bathroom was… functional. The shower worked, but the towels?? Oh, the towels. One of them… I swear the smell hinted it had some mold issues. Sadly, I didn't notice until it was too late: I wrapped the towel on me, then I went to the lobby to ask for fresh towels. That's when I was informed the laundry services were closed for the night. Ooof.
Cleanliness and Safety: A Mixed Bag (And a Little Bit Scary)
Okay, this is where I got a bit… concerned. They touted Anti-viral cleaning products and Rooms sanitized between stays, which is great in theory. The Staff trained in safety protocol and the Daily disinfection in common areas, should be enough to keep things safe.
They also had CCTV in common areas, Fire extinguisher, Smoke alarms, and all that safety jazz.
However, the Hygiene certification was nowhere to be seen, I did not see any Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Safe dining setup in the so-called restaurants, and the Room sanitization opt-out available was not an option.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: The Breakfast Buffet of Doom (and Other Adventures)
The breakfast, oh the breakfast. The Breakfast [buffet] was, let's just say, an experience. A Western breakfast it was. The pancakes were dry. The eggs were… something. The coffee? Weak, watery, and tasted vaguely of burnt sadness. I might have had a bite from a Breakfast takeaway service, but in the end, I chose the Coffee shop.
There was also Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Salad in restaurant, Soup in restaurant.
I am pretty sure there was a Snack bar. I did not see any Vegetarian restaurant.
On-site accessible restaurants / lounges were mentioned, but frankly, I didn’t venture in due to my already bad experience. I did not see any Poolside bar.
Services and Conveniences: Could Be Better
Contactless check-in/out was available – thank you, modern technology! Daily housekeeping kept the room… somewhat tidy. I'm glad they had Dry cleaning, Ironing service, and a Laundry service.
The Front desk [24-hour] was convenient. But I really miss them having Cash withdrawal.
They had a Convenience store, Gift/souvenir shop with Essential condiments.
Things to do, Ways to Relax: No Spa Day for Me
Okay, so the Super 8 in Fort Frances isn't exactly a spa resort. I didn't see any Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, or Steamroom. There's Swimming pool [outdoor], but I didn't get a chance to check it out.
So, if you're looking for relaxation, you might be better off exploring the nearby Rainy Lake.
For the Kids (And the Babysitters I guess):
I was not traveling with kids, but it's good to know they have Babysitting service.
Getting Around (and Getting Out of There):
They offer Airport transfer, but I did not use it. They have Bicycle parking and Car park [free of charge]. Car park [on-site]: Score one.
Overall Verdict: A Cautious "Maybe"
Look, Super 8 Fort Frances isn't the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. The Free Wi-Fi was a godsend, and the staff, while not oozing charm, were polite enough. The location is decent for exploring the area.
However, the cleanliness issues (moldy towel!) and the underwhelming breakfast buffet made me question the "unbelievable deals" claim. The whole experience felt a bit… tired.
Would I stay again? Maybe. If the deal was really good and I was desperate, sure. But I'd pack my own towels, my own coffee, and a strong dose of optimism. 3/5 stars. Don’t go expecting the Ritz, and you might be pleasantly surprised. Good luck, travelers! You’ll need it.
**Stillwater Getaway: Unbeatable Deals at Microtel Inn & Suites!**
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your sanitized Lonely Planet itinerary. This is my Fort Frances, Ontario adventure, fueled by questionable gas station coffee and the lingering scent of chlorine from the Super 8 pool. Let's get this show on the road—or, at least, the slightly-cracked sidewalk of Fort Frances.
Fort Frances Fiasco: A Super 8 & Beyond Itinerary (Because "Plan" is a Strong Word)
Day 1: Arrival & Existential Dread in the Parking Lot
- 1:00 PM: Arrive at Super 8. Oh man, I've seen better days. The exterior feels… weathered. Like the last person who checked out just really didn’t enjoy their stay. Quick, before I get depressed: check in and snag the key card. That plastic, slightly-sticky key card. My nemesis.
- 1:15 PM: Parking lot assessment. Okay, there's a beat-up pickup truck that could double as a time capsule, and a minivan that screams "family vacation that started out fun but quickly devolved into screaming matches over who gets the window seat." Ah, humanity.
- 1:30 PM: Unpack, and realize I forgot my toothbrush. Again. This is a recurring theme in my life. Seriously thinking about sending a strongly worded email to my brain.
- 1:45 PM: The room. It's… a room. Beige. Standard Super 8. The kind of room you expect to find a Gideon Bible in. But hey, clean sheets. Fingers crossed for no bedbugs. I do a quick search under the mattress – just a stray french fry. Score!
- 2:00 PM: Poolside Adventure! (Or rather, a shallow-end situation.) The pool. The reason, truly, I booked this entire trip. It's smaller than I’d hoped, and the water smells intensely of chlorine, but hey, it's there. I do a quick dip, and feel my shoulders tense; it's freezing! Still, I'm determined to enjoy a relaxing swim. I find myself the only one there, and think to myself, "Is this it? My entire time here? Alone in a Super 8 swimming pool?
- 3:00 PM: Nap, because apparently "relaxing swim" = "instant narcolepsy." Wondering if I should have gotten a room on the pool's first floor.
- 5:00 PM: Quick trip to the convenience store. Time to stock up on snacks. I grab chips, cookies, and some random hard candy I will undoubtedly hate. Ah, the culinary delights of budget travel.
Day 2: Rainy Day Blues & a Slice of Unexpected (and Questionable) Pizza
- 8:00 AM: Wake up. The view is… the parking lot. At least the coffee machine in the Super 8 is functional. Fuel for my soul.
- 8:30 AM: Breakfast. The "continental breakfast" is basically a glorified carb buffet of pre-packaged muffins and stale bagels. I go for the waffles; they're the least offensive.
- 9:00 AM: The Rainy Day. The forecast lied! It is pouring. Plans for hiking are officially off the table. Time for… well, whatever the heck I can think of.
- 10:00 AM: Local Museum (I think, from the looks of it, it's the only museum). I was hoping to learn about the local history, maybe some interesting lore. Instead, I found myself staring at a taxidermied moose, trying to figure out what it did with all those antlers. Frankly, I was underwhelmed. But, hey, it was something to do on a rainy day.
- 12:30 PM: Lunch: Pizza. This is where things get interesting, or rather, "interesting." I stumble upon a local pizza joint, "Pizza Place X" (name changed to protect the guilty). The decor is… let's just say "rustic." The pizza is… well, let's just say it's definitely pizza. Overly salty, with a crust that’s got the texture of cardboard. But I'm starving, so I eat it. And, you know what? Actually, maybe I enjoyed it. It has character. Maybe the rain is getting to me.
- 2:00 PM: Walk around the town. I spend an hour just wandering around, the rain soaking me, making me feel more alive than those stale waffles did.
- 2:30 PM: Back to Super 8. Back to the room to dry up, rewatch some Netflix, and contemplate life's big questions, like "Why am I so obsessed with terrible pizza but still can't pack a toothbrush?"
- 7:00 PM: Dinner. I try and find some local delicacy, but this time, my pizza cravings won out. Pizza it is.
- 9:00 PM: Pool time. The rain has stopped and I try to do it this time without freezing. I manage to get the entire hall to the pool to myself. Ah, true bliss.
Day 3: Departure & a Promise to Maybe Come Back (Maybe)
- 8:00 AM: Wake up. The sun is peeking through the clouds! Finally!
- 8:30 AM: Breakfast. Same waffles. Same existential dread. But at least the sky is bright.
- 9:00 AM: One last look out the window. I can almost hear the leaves falling, even though it's not even Autumn.
- 9:30 AM: Head back to that weird tourist shop, just to see if something sparks my interest. Everything there looks so dated. I don't find anything.
- 10:00 AM: Final packing. Did I enjoy my time here? Yeah. Did I like the Super 8? It wasn't the Taj Mahal, but it was a roof over my head. Do I want to come back? Maybe. Perhaps. With a new travel itinerary.
- 11:00 AM: Check out. Hand in the key card, and make a mental note to bring a toothbrush next time. (Next time being a very loose term.)
- 11:15 AM: Hit the road, with the faint smell of chlorine, the not-so-faint taste of weird pizza, and a lingering feeling that I've just experienced… something. Something uniquely, undeniably, wonderfully Fort Frances.
So there you have it. My Fort Frances experience. A chaotic, imperfect, and utterly human journey. Now, where's my toothbrush?
Disclaimer: This itinerary is based on a fictional (but realistically inspired) experience. Mileage may vary. Pizza quality may not be guaranteed. Please remember to be respectful of local customs and businesses. Above all, have fun on your own adventures!
Escape to Dearborn: Your Detroit Oasis Awaits at Extended Stay America!
Unbelievable Deals at Super 8 Fort Frances (ON, Canada) - Or Maybe Not... A Very Unofficial FAQ
Are these 'unbelievable deals' actually unbelievable? Or just... deals?
Okay, let's be real. "Unbelievable" might be a *touch* of a marketing exaggeration. Look, it's Fort Frances. It's not exactly the Riviera. But... sometimes? Yeah, sometimes. Like, I snagged a room for a song once during the Fall Fair weekend. Honestly, I thought they'd accidentally priced it wrong. I spent the whole check-in process bracing for them to go, "Oh, wait, that's a typo." They didn't. Unbelievable. Other times? Well, it's a Super 8. You’re not gonna retire off the savings. You'll be saving enough to pay for a beer and a burger after a long day of work or a long drive through the woods. But hey, it's clean, usually. Most of the time. Mostly…
What kind of "deals" are we talking about? Specifically, what's the price range?
Right, the *meat* of it. Prices? They bounce around more than a hockey puck at the Rainy River. Generally, you're looking at the lower end for hotels in the area, which is both a blessing and a curse. Weekdays? Potentially cheaper. Weekends and holidays? Expect a spike, especially during the fishing season (which, let's be honest, *is* the season up there). I've seen rooms go from, like, the price of a decent pizza to... well, enough to make you consider camping. Seriously, check those online travel websites and make sure you have a discount code, just in case. I personally love a mid-week stay for a bit of piece and quiet. It's the sweet spot. Try to aim for that, it's the sweet spot of the entire experience.
Is there a free breakfast? And is it actually any good? Don't lie to me.
Okay, look. The Continental Breakfast. It *exists*. This is a thing, I'm going to stress that. Don't go expecting Michelin-star quality, okay? It's the usual suspects: cereal that's probably been sitting there since the Clinton administration, some sad-looking muffins, the coffee machine that churns out something that could possibly be mistaken as coffee. Sometimes, and this is the GOLD, they have a waffle maker. If the waffle maker is functioning, and you're lucky enough to snag one before the kids swarm it, then... it's a *good* day. Really. It's the little things in life. I swear, I've built entire days around a decent waffle. But yeah, don't go expecting a gourmet delight. Manage your expectations. Maybe sneak in some of your own breakfast bars, just in case.
What's the deal with the rooms? Cleanliness? Comfort? Are we talking about a motel museum?
Okay, this is where it gets… variable. Generally, the rooms are… fine. They're not the Ritz, okay? I was there once, after a particularly long drive from Winnipeg, and I was exhausted. All I wanted was a clean bed. And it was. *Mostly*. I did, however, find a single rogue french fry under the bed. One. Just chilling there. Judging me? I guess so. The beds are usually reasonably comfortable, the TV's (if they still have them) work. Basic. Functional. I've stayed in places that were *way* worse, though. And the air conditioning? Crucial in summer. Ask for a room away from the traffic. And the ice machine. Unless you like the constant *ding-ding-ding* of ice being dispensed into a plastic bucket at 3 AM.
Any hidden fees or surprises I should be aware of?
Standard stuff, as far as I know. The usual pet fees if you're hauling Fido, maybe a small charge for parking. Read the fine print! (I never do, and I always regret it.) Definitely ask about any potential extra charges *before* you check in. Sometimes those "deals" magically vanish when you get to the front desk. I swear, one time they tried to add on a "resort fee" because… well, I have no idea. But they tried. Be vigilant! And if something doesn't seem right, speak up! Politely, of course. You catch more flies with honey, or whatever. And don’t forget about the taxes! Taxes, taxes, taxes!
What about the location? Is it convenient? Close to anything interesting?
The location is… okay. It's right on the highway, which is good for getting in and out, and bad for the highway noise. It's *near* things. Definitely not within walking distance of any thrilling nightlife (Fort Frances isn't exactly known for its roaring pubs, let's be honest). You're close to restaurants, the grocery store, and the Rainy Lake. If you're into fishing, it's a good base. If you're not, well, you're still in Fort Frances. I stayed there one time, and I decided to try and walk to the lake. I got about a mile, then gave up because bugs. Seriously, the bugs up there are like… tiny helicopters carrying tiny, sharp needles. Bring bug spray. LOTS of bug spray. And maybe a hazmat suit.
Okay, the WiFi. Is it usable? Or should I just accept my internet fate?
Ah, WiFi. The bane of the modern traveler. It usually works. *Usually*. It's not blazing-fast, don't get your hopes up. Expect it to be barely enough to stream a video if the hotel isn't too full. It’s good enough for checking emails, but don’t expect to download a movie in five minutes. One time, I was trying to work remotely and the WiFi just... vanished. Poof! Gone. I ended up tethering to my phone and blowing through my data allowance. So, plan ahead! Consider downloading that essential show beforehand. Or, you know, embrace the digital detox and actually read a book. Crazy, I know.
What's the "vibe" of the place? Quiet? Family-friendly? Party animal central?
It's… mostly quiet. It's not a party hotel. You'll probably find families, people passing through for work, some folks up for a fishing trip. I’ve seen all sorts. During the summer, it can be a bit livelier, with kids running around and the occasional boat trailer blocking the parking lot (eye roll). I've never witnessed a rave in the lobby, thankfully. Respectful is the best word, I think. It's not a place to get rowdy. Unless, maybe, you've just caught a record-breaking walleye. Then, maybe, a little celebratory whooping is acceptable.
Stay And Relax

Post a Comment for "Unbelievable Deals at Super 8 Fort Frances! (ON, Canada)"