
Scottsdale Getaway: SpringHill Suites Luxury Awaits!
Scottsdale Getaway: SpringHill Suites Luxury Awaits! (Or Does It?) - A Brutally Honest Review
Alright, buckle up, folks, because I'm about to spill the tea (or maybe the lukewarm coffee) on my recent stay at SpringHill Suites in Scottsdale. They call it "Luxury Awaits!"… well, let's see about that, shall we? Prepare for a rollercoaster of opinions, because honestly, it's a mixed bag.
First Impressions: The Hustle and Bustle
Getting to the hotel was a breeze, thanks to the airport transfer (a HUGE win in my book after a red-eye). The car park [free of charge] was a lifesaver - parking fees are the bane of my existence. The exterior corridor felt a little… motel-ish? But hey, I was there for the desert sunshine, not the architecture. Checking in was a contactless check-in/out, which I appreciated – less human interaction is sometimes a GOOD thing.
Accessibility: A Thumbs Up (Mostly)
Okay, accessibility. This is important. The hotel boasts facilities for disabled guests, and I saw an elevator, which is essential. While I didn't personally need them, the presence of these features gets a solid thumbs up. They also claim to have wheelchair accessible areas, so that's promising. However, it's always a good idea to clarify specifics beforehand if you have particular needs.
Rooms: The Good, the Bad, and the Slightly Smelly
My room? Well, let's just say it was… a room. It had air conditioning (thank GOD, Arizona heat!), blackout curtains (essential for my sleep!), and a desk (for pretending to work). Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! was a major plus – I’m practically chained to the internet. The daily housekeeping kept things tidy, which I appreciated, although there was a distinct…fragrance. Not bad, not good, just there. Maybe a lingering scent of… previous guests? I'm not sure, but it wasn't entirely refreshing.
Let's get to the details. I was delighted with the extra long bed, I could stretch out. The refrigerator was great, but I could've used more space. Okay, the bathroom was functional, I saw a bathtub, a separate shower/bathtub. The toiletries were… well, they were there. Not luxurious, but not actively offensive.
On-Site Amenities: The Allure of Relaxation (and its pitfalls)
Alright, this is where it gets interesting. SpringHill Suites touts itself as a relaxing getaway. Let's break down that claim.
- Swimming Pool: Yup, a swimming pool [outdoor]. And it was… fine. The pool with a view was, well, of stuff. I would have preferred a desert view, but hey I’m not getting the short end of the stick.
- Fitness Center: I am a gym rat. So, I had a go for it in the Gym/Fitness. It was small, a little cramped, not a lot of equipment
- Spa/Sauna: I couldn't see a Sauna, or Steamroom, or any of those extras. Sadly, the promise of spa-like relaxation felt a little empty.
- Things to do, ways to relax: Other things were available, such as a Foot bath, and Body scrub or Body wrap. But I didn’t take advantage.
Dining: A Descent into Culinary… Mediocrity?
The dining situation was a mixed bag.
- Breakfast: The claim of Breakfast [buffet] was true. But the buffet itself was… underwhelming. The usual suspects – some eggs that vaguely resembled eggs, rubbery bacon, and questionable pastries. The saving grace? The coffee/tea in restaurant, which at least provided a caffeine boost.
- Restaurants: There’s a Restaurant, but there was no mention of any speciality.
- Other Dining: There was a Snack bar but little else.
Cleanliness and Safety: The Overachievers
Okay, on the plus side… the hotel was clearly taking safety seriously. They had Hand sanitizer stations everywhere. I saw Daily disinfection in common areas, and a clear commitment to physical distancing of at least 1 meter. The presence of Anti-viral cleaning products and Rooms sanitized between stays gave me some peace of mind, which I appreciated. It felt a bit… clinical, but hey, I'd take clean over a biohazard any day.
Services and Conveniences: The Good Stuff
The hotel offered a bunch of handy services:
- Daily housekeeping: A lifesaver.
- Laundry service: Essential for a longer stay.
- Concierge: Unfortunately, didn't get to use it because I had other plans, but the option was good.
For the Kids: A Family Perspective
I'm not traveling with children, but I did spot some Kids facilities. The hotel also claims they have Babysitting service.
The Verdict: Worth the Price?
Okay, so, would I recommend SpringHill Suites for a Scottsdale getaway? That depends.
- Pros: Cleanliness, convenient location, free parking, decent Wi-Fi, and the pool.
- Cons: The somewhat bland dining options, lack of full spa amenities. The "just okay" feel, the scent in the room.
Ultimately, SpringHill Suites is a decent option. It's not luxury, but it's dependable and gets most of the basics right. It’s a functional choice, not a destination itself. If you're looking for a relaxing escape, maybe set your expectations accordingly. If you're seeking a clean, well-located base for your Scottsdale adventures, it fits the bill.
Knights Inn Ottawa, KS: Your Budget-Friendly Oasis Awaits!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's meticulously planned travel itinerary. This is the SpringHill Suites Scottsdale North Phoenix, Arizona, through the filter of my wonderfully chaotic brain. Prepare for a bumpy, beautiful ride.
Day 1: Arrival, Air Conditioning, and the Agony of the Poolside Lounge Chair
- 1:00 PM: Landing in Phoenix. Holy moly, the heat hits you like a brick wall! Seriously, I felt like I walked into a blast furnace. But hey, at least the baggage claim lady had a killer tan. Small victories, people, small victories. Found the airport shuttle. It was a slightly rickety van, driven by a guy who looked like he’d seen a few things. I’m immediately feeling like I’m on an adventure.
- 2:30 PM: Check-in at the SpringHill Suites. The lobby is… beige. Lots and lots of beige. But hey, the AC is kicking in like a champion, and that’s all that matters at this point. The desk clerk, bless her heart, was trying to be helpful, but I swear she kept repeating the same three sentences. I finally got my key card.
- 3:00 PM: Room Unpacking and the Great Toiletries Debate. I’m obsessed with the free toiletries included. The mini shampoo is surprisingly good, but do I really need the conditioner? Okay, fine, I'll try it. The room: surprisingly spacious! And the view? Well, it's of the parking lot, but there's a palm tree, so I'm calling it a win!
- 4:00 PM: The Poolside Debacle. Ah, the pool. Sun, water, relaxation, right? WRONG. Finding a decent lounge chair is like a contact sport. I swear, the people who set up their towels at dawn and then vanish for hours should be given a penalty. I finally snag a chair, but it’s wobbly, and the sun is in exactly the wrong spot. I'm feeling a touch of existential dread.
- 5:00 PM: The Food Quandary. The hotel restaurant looks… generic. Should I walk somewhere? Google search. I'm starving. There has to be decent Mexican food near here, right?
- 6:00 PM: The Mexican Food Revelation. Found a taco place about a mile down the road. It was called "El Gato Loco." The ambiance was questionable but the food was AMAZING. Seriously, the carnitas were heavenly. I'm a happy camper. I should totally go back there.
- 8:00 PM: Back at the hotel, a bit of TV, maybe a dip in the, hopefully less crowded, pool. Maybe. Or maybe I'll just collapse on this surprisingly comfortable bed.
Day 2: Desert Delights and Existential Cactus Musings
- 7:00 AM: Breakfast: The Underrated Buffet. Okay, the complimentary breakfast at SpringHill Suites isn’t Michelin-star worthy, but I'm not complaining. Waffles, scrambled eggs, and weak coffee. It does the job. Grabbed an extra banana for later.
- 8:30 AM: The Desert Botanical Garden! Now this is what I came for. I'd heard amazing things. It was even MORE amazing than I thought. The colours, the shapes. The different species of cacti… it's a whole different world. I spent way too long staring at a particularly majestic Saguaro, pondering the meaning of life. I'm pretty sure the cactus was judging me.
- 11:00 AM: Hiking (Attempted): I tried to hike one of the easier trails. Big mistake. The sun. The heat. I'm not built for this! I made it about a quarter of the way before I had to turn back. Dehydration is not my friend.
- 12:00 PM: Refuel at a small cafe in the garden. Salty, needed electrolytes, and I had to splash water on my face.
- 1:00 PM: Time to retreat to the hotel and wallow in the air conditioning. I needed it.
- 3:00 PM: Pool time, Take Two: Much less packed now! I actually managed to read a chapter of my book, which is a personal victory.
- 4:00 PM: Nap time. I’m starting to realize that my ideal vacation is 80% napping.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner and… I can't decide! I could find ANOTHER Mexican place. Or maybe I try a different type of food. Decisions, decisions…
- 7:00 PM: I got takeout so I had no pants on. I don't regret it.
- 8:00 PM: Bedtime. Read some more. Get ready to sleep.
Day 3: Scottsdale Exploration and the Quest for the Perfect Souvenir
- 9:00 AM: Late start. Sleep is a beautiful thing.
- 9:30 AM: Breakfast. More weak coffee.
- 10:30 AM: Old Town Scottsdale. I’m a sucker for a cute town. This is it. Wander the streets.
- 11:30 AM: The Art Gallery Glitch. I wandered aimlessly through an art gallery. The art was good, but the prices are not.
- 12:30 PM: Lunch in Old Town. Found cute, little cafe. The food was okay.
- 1:30 PM: Souvenir Hunt: I'm determined to find the perfect souvenir! I need something to remember this trip by. A cheesy t-shirt? A cactus-shaped bottle opener? The pressure is ON.
- 3:00 PM: Resort & Relaxation. I spend a bit more time in the lobby, watching people come and go.
- 4:00 PM: Last chance to use the pool. I'm becoming one with the water, I swear.
- 6:00 PM: Pack. This sucks.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner at SOMEWHERE. It's my last night! Time to make it count.
- 8:00 PM: I have nothing to do. I'll just turn on Netflix and watch a movie.
Day 4: Departure - and a Promise to Return (Eventually)
- 7:00 AM: One last breakfast. Waffles.
- 8:00 AM: Final hotel room assessment. Did I leave anything behind? Nope. I’m a packing pro.
- 9:00 AM: Check out. Goodbye, beige lobby!
- 10:00 AM: Airport. Waiting. Thinking back over the trip.
- 11:00 AM: Fly home.
This itinerary? It's a suggestion. It's a guideline. Life happens. Plans change. Sometimes, the best moments are the ones you didn't plan for. Maybe that means getting lost in a cacti garden, or spending an hour agonizing over the perfect souvenir. Embrace the chaos, the imperfections, and the sheer, hilarious messiness of it all. And maybe bring more sunscreen. You'll need it. I'm already dreaming of coming back.
Escape to Paradise: SpringHill Suites El Paso Awaits!
Okay, so, SpringHill Suites...Luxury, huh? Is that, like, a joke? I pack my own snacks – am I the target audience?
Breakfast: The Make-or-Break Moment. What's the deal? Cereal? Dry toast? My soul is calling for more than sad hotel breakfast.
Speaking of the pool… is it crowded? I'm picturing a human sardine can, and frankly, I'm not here for that.
Location, Location, Location! Is SpringHill Suites actually near anything fun? Or am I doomed to Uber everywhere?
So, the rooms… are they quiet? I need peace. I’m trying to escape the chaos of my life, not amplify it.
Let's talk about the service. Are the staff helpful? Or just… there?


Post a Comment for "Scottsdale Getaway: SpringHill Suites Luxury Awaits!"