Bellingham's BEST Kept Secret? Baymont Wyndham Hotel Review!

Baymont by Wyndham Bellingham Bellingham (WA) United States

Baymont by Wyndham Bellingham Bellingham (WA) United States

Bellingham's BEST Kept Secret? Baymont Wyndham Hotel Review!

Bellingham's Actually Not-So-Secret Sweet Spot: My Baymont Wyndham Hotel Review! (Brace Yourselves, It's a Whirlwind!)

Okay, folks, let's be real. I'm a sucker for a good deal, and the Baymont Wyndham in Bellingham calls itself a "best-kept secret." Lies! Sweet, delicious, slightly misleading lies! But hey, that doesn't make it bad. Just… not that secret. Let's dive in, shall we? Prepare yourselves, because I'm about to spill the chaotic beans.

(SEO & Metadata Alert! Just Kidding…Mostly. Bellingham Hotel Review, Baymont Wyndham, Accessibility, Free Wi-Fi, Pool, Breakfast, Cleanliness, Good Value, Northwest Getaway, Family-Friendly, Dog-Friendly (Maybe?), Bellingham Lodging, Whatcom County Staycation, Hotel Chain Review, Budget-Friendly, Heated Pool (Probably!), Free Parking!)

First Impressions & Arrival - A Dash of Awkward Charm

Pulling up, the exterior is… well, it's a standard motel-y kind of vibe. Nothing screaming "luxury," but perfectly acceptable. The parking is free of charge, which, let's be honest, is a win right off the bat. I was hoping for valet parking (not really, but I like the idea!) but I managed to find a spot without too much fuss.

Checking in, the front desk staff were… enthusiastic. Let's just say it. They were trying. I appreciated the effort! The check-in process was, thankfully, contactless, and they were definitely trying to keep things safe. There's a definite feeling that the hotel is really trying to be safe, which is a huge plus these days. They’ve got hand sanitizer everywhere, and staff trained in safety protocol. I saw staff cleaning, so kudos to that.

Accessibility - A Mixed Bag, But With Good Intentions!

Now, this is important. I always appreciate a hotel that makes an honest effort with accessibility. From what I saw, this Baymont Wyndham definitely tries. There’s an elevator, which is a huge plus. They also proudly mention facilities for disabled guests. I didn’t see any specific accessible room, but I felt like they are really trying. I'll give them a solid B+ for effort. It’s always worth calling ahead to describe your specific needs.

The Room – Cozy Comfort & (Minor) Quirks

My room? Clean! Rooms sanitized between stays is the claim, and I really believe it! I would say it’s a non-smoking room for sure. It was spacious enough, with a comfortable bed (a vital feature!). Loved the Blackout curtains – perfect for avoiding the dreaded early morning sunbeam attack. There's a desk for working (or, you know, pretending to work while you browse vacation deals). The Free Wi-Fi was a godsend (more on that later!).

Now for the fun, slightly chaotic details:

  • The Wi-Fi: Okay, so the brochure yells about Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! which, admittedly, I love. I got the free internet, yay!
  • The Bathroom: Clean and functional, the bathroom. The shower pressure was…adequate. I'd have appreciated a little more oomph, but hey, I survived.
  • The TV: Basic cable, but with on-demand movies. (Hey, sometimes you just need a cheesy movie after a long day!)
  • The Coffee: Each room has a Coffee/tea maker. This is ESSENTIAL in my book.
  • The View: Let’s just say my view wasn’t exactly postcard-worthy. But hey, I wasn't there for the view, right? (Though, a pool view would have been nice)

Cleanliness & Safety - A Shining Star!

Honestly, this is where the Baymont Wyndham really shines. Post-pandemic, cleanliness is EVERYTHING. And, they're KILLING IT. They've got anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, and a general air of "we take this seriously!" The individual-wrapped food options are a nice touch. And, kudos for the hot water linen and laundry washing. It made me feel safe. It really did.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking - Buffets and Beyond

Okay, so here's the deal: the restaurant situation is… evolving. There's a breakfast service that includes a Breakfast [buffet]. It's the usual continental fare, to be expected. They did have a Breakfast [buffet] and Asian breakfast. There’s a daily breakfast and alternative meal arrangement.

Things to Do & Ways to Relax - Pool Time!

They've got an Swimming pool [outdoor], that I can't resist in my review!. It isn't heated, unfortunately. It looks clean, and well maintained. .

Services and Conveniences - Keeping It Real

  • Free Parking: Again, a huge win!
  • Laundry Service: They have a Laundry Service which is fantastic.
  • Daily Housekeeping is a plus.
  • Convenience store: They do have a small convenience store. Always good to grab some snacks.
  • Shuttle Service: None.

For the Kids - Family-Friendly Vibes!

The hotel is definitely Family/child friendly. I saw a few families, and everyone looked pretty content. There is also Babysitting service.

The Verdict: A Solid Choice!

Alright, so the Baymont Wyndham Bellingham isn't going to win any awards for luxury. But for the price, it delivers. It's safe, clean, has free parking, and has free Wi-Fi. You're there to explore Bellingham, not to live in the hotel.

Here's the bottom line:

  • Pros: Cleanliness, friendly staff, free parking, free Wi-Fi, good value, good location for exploring Bellingham.
  • Cons: Limited dining options, slightly dated decor. Pool is not heated.

Would I stay here again? Absolutely! If I prioritized affordability and value, I'd return.

Final Score: 4 out of 5 Stars (with a slight bonus for effort and enthusiasm!)

Unbelievable Deals: Washington, IL's Best-Kept Secret Hotel!

Book Now

Baymont by Wyndham Bellingham Bellingham (WA) United States

Baymont by Wyndham Bellingham Bellingham (WA) United States

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because my trip to the Baymont by Wyndham Bellingham, Washington, is about to hit you like a rogue wave of… well, let's just say "experiences." Not necessarily "good experiences," mind you. But definitely experiences.

Day 1: The Arrival (and a Mild Panic Attack)

  • 1:00 PM: Arrive in Bellingham. Finally. After a flight that felt longer than my last grocery shopping trip (and involved far less existential dread, ironically). The baggage carousel was spinning like a deranged hamster wheel, and I swear, I saw my suitcase give me the stink eye.
  • 1:30 PM: Check into the Baymont. The lobby? Smells faintly of chlorine and… desperation? I'm not judging! I, too, have known desperation, staring blankly at my bank account after a particularly enthusiastic online shopping spree. Receptionist was nice, though. A little too nice. Like, "Are you sure you're okay, ma'am?" nice. Made me question my appearance. Which is never a good thing when you haven't seen a mirror in eight hours.
  • 2:00 PM: Unpack. Discover that I’ve forgotten my toothbrush. This is a crisis. It’s a moral crisis. How does one even function without a toothbrush? I seriously considered calling my dentist and asking for an emergency toothbrush airlift. Instead, I rummaged through my travel bag, and – glory be! – found a tiny, travel-sized toothpaste tube. This is how the legend begins.
  • 2:30 PM: First Impressions of the room: The carpet looks suspiciously like a crime scene. I'm trying to be optimistic, though. It's a roof over my head! Plus, the view from the window… lets just say I get a lovely view of a parking lot and a dumpster that looks like it's seen some things.
  • 3:00 PM: Attempt to order room service. Realize there is no room service. Sigh. My stomach is rumbling like a disgruntled grizzly bear.
  • 3:30 PM: Venture out to find food. Armed with my trusty TripAdvisor app, I stumble upon a "local favourite" – a burger joint called "Burger Bliss." The name is aggressively optimistic.
  • 4:00 PM: Burger Bliss. The burger was… well, edible. The fries were cold. The music was so loud I couldn’t hear my own panicked internal monologue. The teenage server seemed completely unfazed by the fact that I looked like I'd just wrestled a bear. Which, in a metaphorical sense, I probably had.
  • 5:00 PM: Wander aimlessly, feeling a profound sense of displacement. Bellingham is… interesting. Everyone looks so… outdoorsy. Like they just casually scale mountains on their lunch breaks. I feel like I’m wearing the wrong clothes. And I'm fairly certain I'm attracting a flock of judgmental seagulls.
  • 6:00 PM: Return to the Baymont. Watch some terrible TV. Stare out the window at the dumpster. Contemplate the meaning of life. Or at least the meaning of that particular dumpster.
  • 7:00 PM: Decide to try the hotel pool (against my better judgement). The pool is indoors, dimly lit, and smells strongly of chemicals. There are two children playing, and a man is attempting to do laps in the shallow end. I quickly decide to change my mind about going in.
  • 8:00 PM: Eat a bag of chips from the vending machine. This is my dinner. This is my life.
  • 9:00 PM: Attempt to sleep. Fail. The air conditioning is either on nuclear blast mode, or it's not working at all.
  • 10:00 PM: Conclude that Bellingham is going to be an adventure. And by "adventure," I mean a slow descent into controlled chaos.

Day 2: The Whatcom Falls Saga

  • 8:00 AM: Wake up, stiff as a board, and feeling strangely defeated. The carpet is still staring at me.
  • 9:00 AM: Breakfast. The "complimentary breakfast" at the Baymont consists of pre-packaged muffins that taste faintly of cardboard and the lingering scent of whatever was cooked in the microwave. I am beginning to mourn the lost toothbrush.
  • 10:00 AM: Buck up! Today, I shall embrace the great outdoors! I'm going to go to Whatcom Falls Park. I've read it's beautiful. And, apparently, they have waterfalls. Waterfalls! I've never seen a waterfall in real life.
  • 10:30 AM: Find the park. The parking lot is crowded. The air smells fresh and piney, like a very expensive candle. Okay, maybe this Bellingham thing isn't so bad.
  • 10:45 AM: The park is beautiful! The waterfalls. Oh my god, the waterfalls! They're rushing and roaring and majestic! I feel a genuine moment of awe. I take a ton of pictures. I contemplate becoming a nature photographer. I even think about writing a sonnet about the cascading water. My inner dramatic is really enjoying this.
  • 11:30 AM: I decide to hike a bit further. The trail is marked as "easy." Liars! It's not "easy"! It's uphill! And rocky! And I'm wearing the wrong shoes. My ankles start to scream in protest. Several near-death experiences with rogue tree roots.
  • 12:00 PM: I get lost. Or at least, I think I'm lost. The trails aren't well-marked. I'm surrounded by trees. I'm starting to panic again.
  • 12:30 PM: Spot a group of teenagers. They look slightly more experienced than I do. I attempt to ask them for directions. They look at me like I'm some sort of strange creature. They mumble something about "the loop" and vanish into the woods. Clearly, they did not want to help me, or they didn't understand my question.
  • 1:00 PM: I give up on navigating. Dejected, I decide to head back. The "easy" trail back is somehow even harder than the one I took to begin with.
  • 2:00 PM: Collapse on a park bench. I eat the granola bar I packed, which tastes like sawdust. Contemplate the meaning of my life. And the meaning of "easy" trails.
  • 3:00 PM: Back at the Baymont. I limp back to my room, feeling like I've been through a war. My legs ache. I'm covered in dirt. My hair is a mess. I haven't had enough water, and my bladder is probably in revolt (I will never learn).
  • 4:00 PM: Decide to watch more TV to cheer myself up. I scroll through the channels and find something that vaguely passes for entertainment. I promptly fall asleep.
  • 7:00 PM: Wake up feeling even more tired. Decide I'm going to try to order take-out, so I can avoid going outside, unless absolutely necessary.
  • 8:00 PM: My take-out arrives! I'm slightly ashamed to admit that I ordered pizza. It's hot. It's cheesy. It's glorious.
  • 9:00 PM: Attempt to sleep. The air conditioning is still a problem. The ghost of the crime scene carpet is watching.
  • 10:00 PM: I decide to start making plans for my departure.

Day 3: Departure (and a Tiny Spark of Hope)

  • 8:00 AM: Wake up. Still tired. Still vaguely traumatized by the carpet.
  • 9:00 AM: Another complimentary breakfast. More questionable muffins. I am beginning to develop a fondness for cardboard.
  • 10:00 AM: Pack. Try to avoid looking at the carpet.
  • 11:00 AM: Check out. Say a silent goodbye to the dumpster view.
  • 11:30 AM: Driving around town I see a little café, the "Coffee Bean." It smells of actual coffee, freshly brewed. And the pastries look amazing. Decide to stop. Screw my meticulously created itinerary!
  • 12:00 PM: The coffee is perfect! The pastry is flaky and delicious! The barista is actually friendly! Maybe, just maybe, Bellingham isn't so bad after all.
  • 1:00 PM: Head to the airport. The flight is delayed. I don’t care. I have coffee, and the lingering scent of pastries on my fingers. And a slightly less cynical outlook on life.
  • 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Arrive at the airport and get ready to board. I glance back at Bellingham. It wasn't perfect. It was messy. It was challenging. But, it was something.
  • 3:30 PM: Board the plane.
  • 4:00 PM: Take off. See you later, Bellingham
Provo Marriott: Utah's BEST Hotel & Conference Center? (Insider Review!)

Book Now

Baymont by Wyndham Bellingham Bellingham (WA) United States

Baymont by Wyndham Bellingham Bellingham (WA) United States```html

Bellingham's "BEST Kept Secret" - Baymont Wyndham Hotel Review (Yeah, Right!)

Is this Baymont REALLY a secret? Or just... less glamorous?

Okay, okay, "secret" is a HUGE overstatement. It's more like... Bellingham's "hidden-ish gem that hasn't gotten the memo about renovations." Look, I stayed there last week, and let's just say the word "secret" probably refers to the fact that the last update to the brochure was probably done on a Commodore 64. And I'm not even sure *I* remember the last time I ate a pineapple that wasn't from a can, which is what the "continental breakfast" appeared to be inspired by. It's not the Ritz, folks. But, it does have, you know, walls and beds.

The Rooms: Were they… livable? Spill the tea!

Livabl... let's be honest, they were. Barely. I’m picturing a pre-fab, built in the 80's and then vaguely updated in the early 2000s. The TV? Still a flat screen, which is a plus, but the remote looked like it had seen some stuff. Like… real stuff. Like, who knows what kind of sticky substances had been on that thing? I gave it a once-over with a Lysol wipe, but then again, I'm *that* person. The carpet? A shade of beige that could only be described as "trying." (And failing.) But, the bed? Surprisingly comfy! I actually slept like a log, which is a huge victory when traveling. Now, the *view*… well, let’s just say the phrase "picturesque parking lot" doesn't roll off the tongue.

What about the Breakfast? The dreaded continental breakfast...

Okay, I have to be honest, this is where things got *interesting*. The "continental breakfast" situation was less "continental" and more "slightly sad." We're talking pre-packaged, individually-wrapped pastries that had the consistency of cardboard, lukewarm coffee that tasted vaguely of disappointment, and a sad selection of fruit that looked like it had seen better days. I grabbed a single, lonely banana and a stale muffin, and then I made a tactical retreat. However, on the plus side, there was a waffle maker - I mean, who doesn't love a slightly burnt, DIY waffle? It's the little things, people. The true testament to the food was that I only saw one kid in there, otherwise it was a bunch of tired looking adults grabbing a quick snack.

The Pool and Fitness Center: Did they exist in the 21st century?

Okay, this is where things get *tricky.* There *was* a pool! And, well, there *appeared* to be a fitness center. (I say "appeared" because I didn't actually *use* it. The faint smell of chlorine wafting from the pool area was enough to deter me after a long day.) The pool area itself looked a bit…tired. Think faded plastic chairs and the general atmosphere of a summer camp that hasn't been updated since the Reagan administration. However, I did hear a kid screaming with joy so, bonus points for that! The fitness center looked to probably make you feel like you were going to die.

Location, Location, Location! Is it convenient?

Okay, *here*’s the BEST part! The location is actually pretty darn good! It's near everything! Like, close to downtown, and not too far from the highway, which is a major plus when you're trying to escape Bellingham after a long weekend of... whatever you're escaping. It's also close to some decent restaurants and, critically, a Starbucks. Because, you know, priorities. I'd actually give the location an A-, deducted points for the slightly dodgy vibe of the surrounding area.

Would you stay there again? Be honest!

Hmm... honest answer? Probably. Look, it's not luxury. It's not fancy. But it's decent for the price, and let's be real, hotels are expensive these days! If I needed a place to crash for a night or two, and I wasn't planning on spending a lot of time in the room besides sleeping, I'd definitely consider it again. I mean, it’s clean enough, and at the end of the day, all I really need is a bed and a hot shower. And maybe a reasonably priced waffle. But don't go expecting the Four Seasons. Embrace the charmingly dated vibes, and you'll be just fine. Just bring your own pillow, and possibly your own Lysol wipes. And a sense of humor. You'll need that.

Okay, but what about the staff? Are they Friendly? Annoying?

The staff were fine. Perfectly adequate. The front desk person was efficient and quick. No real complaints, no rave reviews. They didn't leave lingering impressions on my psyche, which, in this case, is a good thing. No horror stories of grumpy receptionists or people who hate their jobs. All in all a solid crew.

Parking? An Important question for Bellingham!

Yep, plenty. Which, in Bellingham, is basically a miracle. Parking is plentiful, well-lit and easy to access which is a big plus in a college town that often feels like it's running out of room.
``` Web Hotel Search Site

Baymont by Wyndham Bellingham Bellingham (WA) United States

Baymont by Wyndham Bellingham Bellingham (WA) United States

Baymont by Wyndham Bellingham Bellingham (WA) United States

Baymont by Wyndham Bellingham Bellingham (WA) United States

Post a Comment for "Bellingham's BEST Kept Secret? Baymont Wyndham Hotel Review!"