Latham's BEST Airport Hotel? TownePlace Suites Review!

TownePlace Suites Latham Albany Airport Latham (NY) United States

TownePlace Suites Latham Albany Airport Latham (NY) United States

Latham's BEST Airport Hotel? TownePlace Suites Review!

Latham's BEST Airport Hotel?! TownePlace Suites: My Messy Take

Okay, so I just spent a whirlwind couple of days holed up at the TownePlace Suites near Latham's airport. "BEST Airport Hotel," they claim? Let's unpack this, shall we? Because honestly, sometimes the best is just… well, adequate. And that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Accessibility: The Bare Minimum (But Appreciated)

First off, I gotta give props for the basics. Wheelchair accessible? Check. Elevator? Double-check. That's a good starting point. I didn’t need these, thank goodness, but it’s genuinely comforting knowing they’re there and readily available. They've got the Facilities for disabled guests box ticked, which I always appreciate, even if I can't personally attest to their implementation. You know? Good to see.

Internet: Wi-Fi Woes (But Mostly Wins)

Alright, let's get real. Internet in hotels can be a gamble. The promise of "Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!" always gets me jazzed. And, thankfully, the wi-fi was mostly solid. Streaming was smooth, and I could actually work (gasp!). They also had Internet [LAN], but honestly, who uses that anymore? Unless you’re, like, a seriously old-school gamer. There was a Wi-Fi in public areas as well, which I didn’t really test, but it was there. Solid points for connectivity.

Cleanliness and Safety: Germaphobe Approved (Mostly)

This is where TownePlace Suites really shines, particularly post-pandemic. They seriously leaned into the whole "Anti-viral cleaning products" and "Professional-grade sanitizing services" thing. They have a Hygiene certification, which makes me feel slightly less judged when I obsessively wipe down my surfaces. The Rooms sanitized between stays is a HUGE relief. They actually allow you to opt-out of room sanitization, if that’s your jam. I didn't – I'm not that brave.

Hand sanitizer? Everywhere. Staff were clearly trained in safety protocol. There was even a doctor/nurse on call if I, say, suddenly developed a fear of hotel laundry. Bonus points for the hot water linen and laundry washing. Made me feel, you know, somewhat secure. The Daily disinfection in common areas was noticeable, and the Safe dining setup helped a lot, despite the Buffet in restaurant… which I cautiously approached.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Breakfast Roulette, Anyone?

Ah, the breakfast. This is where the "best" might require a little interpretation. They promised Breakfast [buffet], but it was more of an… assembly line of pre-wrapped options. The Individually-wrapped food options were probably a good call safety-wise, but it felt a bit… sterile. You could scoop up a Breakfast takeaway service, which I did. I also saw the Coffee/tea in restaurant and the Coffee shop. The Asian cuisine in restaurant sounded more appealing, but I didn’t get around to trying it. I'd like to have tested more options, honestly, but I was in a rush.

Services and Conveniences: The Good, the Okay, and the "Meh"

The Air conditioning in public area was a lifesaver during that weird heatwave. Cash withdrawal? Yep. Concierge? They’re there, I am sure, but I didn’t use them. Daily housekeeping was on point, keeping the tiny room tidy. They have Dry cleaning, which I didn't require, but it's nice to know it’s available. Elevator worked perfectly (see above). The Convenience store offered the usual suspects – overpriced snacks and forgotten toiletries.

They even had a gift /souvenir shop that I didn’t bother looking into.

For the Kids: Family Friendly, But…

I wasn’t traveling with kids, but the hotel felt family-friendly. Family/child friendly. They had a Babysitting service!

Things to Do, Ways to Relax: A Gym, and That’s About It

Okay, here’s an area where the "BEST" might be a stretch. They had a Fitness center. That’s about it. No Spa, no Sauna, no Steamroom, no Pool with view. If you're looking to chill and pamper yourself, this isn't the place. But honestly, for a quick airport stay, the lack of frills wasn’t the end of the world. I did see the Swimming pool [outdoor] that looked decent, although I didn’t have a chance to take a dive!

Available in All Rooms: The Essentials

Air conditioning? Check. Coffee/tea maker? Definitely. Free bottled water? Appreciated. Hair dryer? Essential. The desk was decent. Ironing facilities: I didn't need to iron, but they were there. Internet access – wireless? See above. The basics were covered, and sometimes, that's all you need.

Getting Around: Airport Transfer… And Not Much Else

They had Airport transfer, which, let's be honest, is the whole reason you're here. That was a huge plus. They did also have Car park [free of charge] and Car park [on-site], which is useful if you’re driving. Other than that, it was all about getting in and out.

My Biggest Messy Moment:

Okay, the tiny bathroom. It was functional, alright, but the lighting? HIDEOUS. Made me look like I had permanent shadows under my eyes, even after ten hours of sleep. A small peeve, I know, but the Mirror was terrible. A good mirror is a core element of a comfortable stay, especially for a traveler!

The Verdict: Solid, Not Spectacular

Overall, the TownePlace Suites near Latham's airport is perfectly adequate. They excel at the basics – cleanliness, accessibility, and a reasonable internet connection. It’s not a destination hotel, more a functional one. If you need a convenient, safe, and mostly comfortable place to crash near the airport, it's worth considering. Is it the "BEST"? Maybe not. But is it good enough for a weary traveler? Absolutely. And in the end, that's often all that matters.


Metadata for your SEO needs:

  • Keywords: TownePlace Suites, Latham Airport Hotel, Airport Hotel Review, Hotel Accessibility, Free Wi-Fi, Clean Hotel, Hotel Breakfast, Hotel Near Airport, Hotel Review, Travel Review, New York Hotels, Albany Hotels, Travel Safety, Accessible Hotels, Family Hotels, Fitness Center, Long Stay Hotel, Hotel with free parking
  • Title: Latham's BEST Airport Hotel? TownePlace Suites Review! (My Messy Take)
  • Meta Description: A brutally honest and detailed review of the TownePlace Suites near Latham airport. From accessibility and cleanliness to breakfast roulette and the dreaded bathroom lighting, I share my experience. Is it really the "BEST"? Find out!
  • H1 Tag: Latham's BEST Airport Hotel?! TownePlace Suites: My Messy Take
  • Schema Markup: (Use relevant hotel review schema for search engines to recognize the content).
Detroit Getaway: Unbeatable Super 8 Deal Near Taylor!

Book Now

TownePlace Suites Latham Albany Airport Latham (NY) United States

TownePlace Suites Latham Albany Airport Latham (NY) United States

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's meticulously color-coded itinerary. This is the real travel experience, Albany, NY, style. We're talking TownePlace Suites Latham, Albany Airport, NY, and the messy, glorious life lived around it. Here we go…

Day 1: Arrival and Utter Exhaustion (Plus the Slightly Sad Free Breakfast)

  • 1:00 PM: Arrive at Albany International Airport. Ugh, airports. Always a sensory overload, right? Especially after that awful red-eye from wherever-the-heck-I-was-before. The first thing I do? Locate the closest coffee shop. Vital. Survive-ability dependent. Did I pay those extra bucks for the window seat? Absolutely not. My budget is currently comprised of spare change and slightly-less-stale instant noodles.

  • 2:00 PM: Check into TownePlace Suites Latham. Okay, not bad. It's clean-ish. The front desk person (let's call them Brenda) gave me a smile that almost felt genuine, which is more than I usually get. Room is, well, a room. Basic. Functional. The free Wi-Fi better work, or I’m throwing a tantrum. I desperately need to catch up on my news and send out emails. All of them.

  • 2:30 PM: The quest for sustenance! I need carbs. I need comfort. I'm thinking that the microwaveable meals that I brought in my carry-ons will do while I order from pizza.

  • 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Unpack (sort of). Flop on the surprisingly comfortable bed. Try to resist the urge to nap, because I know that'll screw up my sleep schedule even more. Fail. Wake up an hour later, groggy and confused about the current date and location.

  • 6:00 PM: Venture out, braving the parking lot and the potential for… well, I don't know what, but the local shopping mall is my first stop. Okay, honestly, I'm in serious danger of falling asleep at the wheel. Pizza and a movie is not a bad idea.

  • 7:00 PM: Realize I should probably eat something, even if it's just a sad salad from my mini-fridge. Sigh. This is the glamorous life, people.

  • 9:00 PM: Attempt to watch TV. Get distracted by random infomercials. Try to find something interesting that doesn't involve people trying to sell me things. Eventually, fall asleep mid-channel-surf.

  • 9:30 PM: Wake up in darkness. Realize how early it is. Feel like the world has ended. Back to sleep.

  • Day 2: The Free Breakfast Debacle and Unexpected Treasures

  • 6:00 AM: Wake up. Bleary-eyed. The free breakfast is calling. I'd heard tales of the TownePlace Suites breakfast bar. Tales of waffles. Tales of… disappointment.

  • 6:30 AM: Descend upon the breakfast area. The air is thick with the smell of… well, whatever they're calling "sausage." The waffle maker looks like it's seen some things. I bravely try a waffle. It tastes like… something. But it is a waffle. Score. I grab all the fruit available.

  • 7:00 AM: Coffee. Needed. Desperately needed. I drink it black. I drink it fast. I am fueled. I am… caffeinated.

  • 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM: Time is of the essence! I'm going to go check out some spots on the list, including the New York State Museum and the Empire State Plaza. But first, I'm going to be stopping at a local coffee shop to get a GOOD coffee.

  • 11:00 AM: I decided to make a second round, and spend the day at the shopping mall. I'm so sorry.

  • 1:00 PM: The afternoon is spent in the hotel room. I'm watching television as the room fills with sunlight. I'm taking a power nap.

  • 3:00 PM: I went to the pool. It's not much, by the standards of the average pool. But it's clean, and I enjoyed my time there.

  • 6:00 PM: Dinner. I eat at a local restaurant that I had heard recommended. It was delicious.

  • 8:00 PM: I go to the hotel room. I get ready for bed. I decide to sleep well.

  • 10:00 PM: Lights out.

  • Day 3: Departure and the lingering taste of Waffle-y Regret

  • 6:00 AM: Wake up. Oh dear god, not again. The free breakfast calls. I bravely attempt another waffle. I think I taste a hint of… nostalgia? Maybe? Am I going insane?

  • 7:00 AM: Double the coffee. Double the defiance.

  • 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM: Pack (more or less). Try to figure out where I left that phone charger. Again.

  • 9:30 AM: Check out. Brenda (smiling, maybe slightly more genuine this time?) bids me adieu.

  • 10:00 AM: Head back to the airport. Airports, again.

  • 12:00 PM: Boarding the plane. Look out the window, take a deep breath. It’s over. That was my time here, and it was everything I always wanted in a trip, and more.

Okay, so it wasn't perfect. There was waffle-related existential angst. There was the almost-collapse-at-the-wheel moment. There were the inevitable moments of aimless wandering. But hey, that's life, right? And that, my friends, is how you do Albany, NY, the real way.

Fayetteville's BEST Hotel? Historic Charm Awaits at Quality Inn!

Book Now

TownePlace Suites Latham Albany Airport Latham (NY) United States

TownePlace Suites Latham Albany Airport Latham (NY) United States```html

Latham's BEST Airport Hotel? TownePlace Suites Review! (With Added Chaos!)

Okay, spill it! Is this TownePlace Suites actually good – or is it just the closest to the airport?

Alright, alright, settle down! Look, "good" is a HIGHLY subjective term, right? This TownePlace Suites… well, it's not *bad*. It’s like that reliable friend who's always there, even if they're not the life of the party. It’s a solid, dependable… *sigh*… airport hotel. And yes, proximity to Albany International is definitely a HUGE selling point. I mean, when you've just wrestled with your carry-on through a crowded terminal, the LAST thing you want is a 45-minute shuttle ride. You want… *instant* gratification. And they deliver on the ease of access.

My first impression? Okay, the lobby felt… *clean*. That might sound like a low bar, but after spending a day crammed in a metal tube with recycled air, I'll take clean any day. The front desk guy, bless his heart, looked like he'd seen some things. Probably a LOT of weary travelers. He was efficient, though – got me checked in, no drama. Points for that.

But here's the REAL truth: don't expect a luxurious spa retreat. Think… functional. Think… slightly generic. But FUNCTIONAL, and that's important after a long flight!

The breakfast. Tell me *everything* about the breakfast. Because, let's be honest, that's a HUGE deal.

Okay, BREAKFAST. Prepare yourself. It's… complimentary. (Pause for dramatic effect) And that, my friends, is the key phrase. I mean, hey, free food is free food, right? It’s not a Michelin-star experience, let's make that crystal clear. Picture this: a waffle maker, a selection of pre-packaged pastries (because, let's be honest, who *really* wants the homemade scone at 6 AM?), cereal, some sad-looking fruit, and the all-important self-serve coffee station.

I’m an optimist, you know? I went in with an open mind. I *wanted* to love it. The waffle maker? That’s the star, obviously! But… and there’s always a but, isn’t there?… the waffle batter… well, let's just say it wasn't exactly gourmet. My first attempt resembled a slightly burnt frisbee. My second attempt? Less burnt, slightly more… edible. But I managed.

The coffee, though? That was a whole other story. It tasted like… well, let’s just say it woke me up. And that's sometimes all you need, right? Function over flavor. Survival of the fittest waffle-making skills.

**Pro Tip:** If you are SUPER picky and don't eat fast food, pack some protein bars or something you can quickly eat in the morning just in case.

What about the rooms? Are they… liveable? And, you know, *clean*?

Okay, room time! This is where TownePlace Suites generally… shines. (And by shines, I mean, performs adequately). They're typically designed like mini-apartments. You get a little kitchen area (microwave, fridge, yay!), a separate living room space (with a sofa-bed!), and a bedroom. This is HUGE if you're traveling with anyone, or if you're like me and just like the idea of spreading out after a long day crammed in a plane seat.

My room? It was cleaner than the lobby, for sure. I checked under the bed (yes, I'm *that* person) and didn't find any… *unexpected* treasures. The bed was comfortable enough to collapse into, even with jet lag hammering me. The bathroom was… adequate. The shower had decent water pressure. (And, again, after a long day of travel, you REALLY appreciate a decent shower).

Now, to be completely honest, the decor… well, it's about as exciting as watching paint dry. Think neutral colors, functional furniture, and the distinct feeling that you’re in a room that’s been designed for mass appeal. But hey, at least it's not hideous, right? And it's a decent amount of space at least. A welcome change after all the tight spots during transportation.

I’m pretty sure I remember seeing a decent size TV, and that’s always a plus when there’s nothing left to do.

The pool! Do they have a pool? Is it… swimmable?

Ah, the pool. Okay, this is where my memory gets… fuzzy. (Sorry, I was probably sleep-deprived). I *think* they have a pool. I *vaguely* recall seeing… water. Outside. Possibly. (Don’t quote me on this; it’s been a long time). I didn't use it. Because, let’s face it, after a long flight, the thought of putting on a swimsuit and interacting with other humans is… less than appealing.

But even if they do have a pool, my advice: manage those expectations. It's not going to be a tropical lagoon. It’s most likely a small, rectangular body of water, possibly with chlorine. (Or, hopefully, chlorine!). So, take that as you will. Maybe call ahead and ask. Let me know how it is if you do! After all, I might just have to head back to Latham again someday.

Location, location, location. How close is it *really* to the airport? Is it walking distance? (Don't say it's walking distance.)

NO. Absolutely, unequivocally, NO. It is *not* walking distance. Unless you are some kind of Olympic marathon runner, or completely insane. Seriously, unless you *want* to arrive at the hotel looking like you've just run a triathlon, don't even *think* about walking.

The good news? The shuttle is your best friend. And it's, as they say, "frequent." I mean, you shouldn't have to wait around for hours, praying for its arrival. The drop-off at the hotel was painless. And, more importantly, the pick-up from the airport was just as easy. This is GOLD. It's the whole point. If you're getting stuck standing out in the cold for hours, it's just the beginning.

So, yeah, the proximity to the airport is a major, major plus. You're paying for convenience, and you're getting it. That's the beauty of this TownePlace Suites.

Anything *really* bad? Like, anything that made you want to check out immediately?

Okay, let's be honest. I had ONE… small… *incident.* Okay, maybe it wasn't small. It was a Wi-Fi issue. And it happened RIGHT when I needed to send an extremely important email. Like, the most important email EVER. (You know how it is).

I spent a good HOUR wrestling with the Wi-Fi. Trying to connect, rebooting my laptop, pacing the room like a caged animal. I called the front desk, bless their hearts, they tried to help. ButYour Stay Hub

TownePlace Suites Latham Albany Airport Latham (NY) United States

TownePlace Suites Latham Albany Airport Latham (NY) United States

TownePlace Suites Latham Albany Airport Latham (NY) United States

TownePlace Suites Latham Albany Airport Latham (NY) United States

Post a Comment for "Latham's BEST Airport Hotel? TownePlace Suites Review!"